It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton, Palin Tied For Most Admired Women.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well, it seems that the "ignorant hockey mom" is NOT as insignificant as the MSM/Democratic pundints would want you to believe.

She is tied head to head with the Hillary for most admired women.

Are American voters dropping a hint here?
According to a new survey just released by USA Today and the Gallup Poll, the 62-year-old Clinton barely beat out the 45-year-old Palin as the most admired female -- 16% to 15% in a poll of 1,025 adult Americans.

However, because the poll has a margin of error of plus or minus 4 percentage points, it's statistically a P-C draw. The survey was ...

... open-ended, meaning men and women respondents had to provide the names by themselves. latimesblogs.latimes.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

This only confirms that the US populace is dense.

I can't stand Hilliary , but she's the SOS.

Palin can't even keep her own house in order.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48
reply to post by joey_hv

This was confirmed for me in 2008 when Obama put one over on America.

Mrs. Bill Clinton would be nothing without her husband. Palin on the other hand, did it on her own. Which is more admirable to women?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Ok I think you guys missed the spin I was putting on this. The spin being that Palin is not as insignificant as "they" would want you to believe...

Now, go with the spin will ya!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Sorry but I forgot how to embed videos.

I would think this girl is more admired then those politicians are without a shadow of a doubt.
Its just more propaganda from the media as usual.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Neither, because neither had the best interest of America in mind. They had their interest and their party's interest in mind, and that's simply not enough for any halfway decent politician that will never come to power.

But giving either of those two partisan people's admiration indeed does show what a downhill slope the American people have gone down (at least the ones that took this poll.)

reply to post by joey_hv

If the MSM wasn't talking about Sarah Palin so much, most would have no idea who she even was. So how the media can be hiding her away is beyond me.

And anything the MSM says or does not say (because they hope the silence will be noticed) should be suspect in the first place.

[edit on 12/30/09 by niteboy82]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Here's a good question:

Why does ~30% of the country think either of these women deserve the title of "most admired woman"?

Is it just because they are big names? Conditioning? Stupidity?

Granted, one of them at least has a semi-respectable political career, but does either of these two people really represent the best that women have to offer?

The poll was open ended, and based on some of the other names mentioned in the article didn't seem to be exclusively limited to US politicians. So why are we so admirable of these individuals?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Alot of people admire Palin for standing up to Democrats. I on the other hand admire Palin for standing up to Republicans.

If I was asked this question, I would have chose Palin. It would have been a no-brainer, come on, how many admirable women are there to chose from in the first place?

Truthfully I would have a hard time coming up with a Top ten list of admirable women.

Palin, Coulter, Bachman, Malkin, uhhhhhhh, my mind just goes blank.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
how many admirable women are there to chose from in the first place?

Truthfully I would have a hard time coming up with a Top ten list of admirable women.

That alone answers every question I may have had. I can think of hundreds of women around the world that have my admiration, for truly good things done for the good of people.

Political plays doesn't figure in for what I consider an admirable quality of a woman and I don't believe at any point in my entire life have I ever been able to say that I couldn't come up with a top ten list of admirable women. :shk:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
1)I admire Palin for NOT having an abortion when most feminist would have applauded it.
2)I admire Palin for being herself and damm to hell all those who hate her attitude.
3)I admire Palin for being a family woman and yet being independent and mannaging it all without needing a shrink!
4)I admire Palin for supporting her kids even when they go off to war and being proud of them when others like sheehan bitch and moan about it.
5)I admire Palin for standing up to BS in politics from BOTH sides!
6)I admire Palin for staying true to her beliefs and staying grounded no matter how famous she becomes.
7)I admire Palin for being faithful to her husband when she EASILY could have gotten some at a snap of her sexy ass fingers.
8)I admire Palin for being correct on every political issue she has brought up to the forefront even though she would be hammered by the media, ie: death panels.

sheez...I just realized I could keep going and going and going.
I LOVE THIS WOMAN!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
wow, the two most popular women are complete phonies through and through.

one is a lieing, warmongering, power hungry women who wants to prove shes tougher than any man by any means necessary. the other is an incompetent liar, and a religious fundamentalist with a cult of personality.

sad state of affairs indeed. i just hope palins popularity is mostly due to sheltered geeks who just wanna you know what. lol

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BlesUTP

I see by your ignorant staement that you are easily influenced by your teachers and the MSM.
Heres a tip. Stop playing video games and watching tv and pick up a book once in a while.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Look at the numbers people. They surveyed 1200 people. Hardly a cross section of the population.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48
reply to post by joey_hv

I can't stand Hilliary , but she's the SOS.

Palin can't even keep her own house in order.

how is this supposed to make the average woman feel?
THESE are the top contenders for most admired woman?!

what about britney spears? miley cyrus? that woman who got "the other women" to help super glue her husbands junk?

where were they on this exemplary list?!

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

The article repeatedly crashed my browser when I tried to read it properly . Anybody who hasn't been infected by the politically correct New Zealand education system knows that scoring less then 20% isnt anywhere near a pass rate . Personally I have no great like for either Palin or Hillary . Palin is looking to inherit Rush or Coulter crown and Hillary gets mad drunk on power .

top topics

join