It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Dont Talk to Police

know your rights!

I know this video has been posted before, but this is important, and everyone should know their rights!

BUSTED: The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters

this is for everyone to see. please take time to listen, and you may learn a few things.

Reason why i posted this video is because i was just recently stopped by the cops when i was parked on a street. they said someone called in, and said i was acting suspicious. but anyway. long story short, watching these videos helped me a little. (not arrested, or anything, but damn, he tried to break me down...
)

Keep your mouth shut.

Dont incriminate yourself.

be polite and courteous, even if the cop is being sleazeball.

[edit on 12/28/2009 by ugie1028]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Thanks for this. I've seen this and think every citizen should.

Knowing your rights is one thing; remembering and being able to apply them is another.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I've seen this before but it rules.

Flag

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
An hour and a half of video explaining what not to say to the cops?
Wow, I didnt know that they were all the different from the rest of us humans.
I for one, will pass on watching this because I have had enough encounters with the Police to know how I need to act. I dont need an hour and a half video telling me how to act with an piggy.
Although, I do respect you putting it out there for those whom dont know.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
thanks for the replies.

man, these videos are good! when i was suspected of wrong doing, they tried to play the 'Gotchya' game on me. there was some garbage on the sidewalk not to far from my car, they tried to get me to admit to that. its funny. they tried to make me admit guilt.

after it was all over, i got nothing, and couldn't help but laugh it off afterward.

oh man, some cops just like to make a citizen feel like they committed a crime, when they were just warming up their car.

but anyway, these videos, would assist you in talking to the cops, while protecting your rights.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

well for those who dont know, it would be a learning experience. for those who do know this video then you can skip it, if you don't know how to approach 'a cop stopping you situation', this video is for you!

[edit on 12/28/2009 by ugie1028]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

lol, I will take a look at it later. It better be good!!

Edit.... You had it right when you said ..

"Keep your mouth shut.

Dont incriminate yourself.

be polite and courteous, even if the cop is being sleazeball. "

Cant be anymore simple than that

[edit on 28-12-2009 by Common Good]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good
Good for you mate but we are not all the same and some of us do not have a history with law enforcement. Sites like ATS educate us "dummies" and spread the word and that is a good thing.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sadwolf

I never said you were, And Im sure you are not.
You are right, it is indeed a good thing.
No arguement here.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
That and common sense tends to go a long way. If you ever watch any of the police shows on the TV, like COPS or the Worlds Dumbest, most police go off of the following rule: If it looks suspicious or out of the ordinary, investigate it. So simple rules like not drawing attention to yourself is a good way to avoid being picked up on their radar.
But it is useful information, especially the first video as the police officer confirmed everything that the law professor stated about how he gets evidence and convictions.

new topics

top topics

join