It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nevada gambler, al-Qaida, the CIA and the mother of all cons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

The intelligence reports fitted the suspicions of the time: al-Qaida sleeper agents were scattered across the US awaiting orders that were broadcast in secret codes over the al-Jazeera television network.

Flights from Britain and France were cancelled. Officials warned of a looming "spectacular attack" to rival 9/11. In 2003 President Bush's homeland security tsar, Tom Ridge, spoke of a "credible source" whose information had US military bracing for a new terrorist onslaught.

Then suddenly no more was said.

Six years later, Playboy magazine has revealed that the CIA fell victim to an elaborate con by a compulsive gambler who claimed to have developed software that discovered al-Jazeera broadcasts were being used to transmit messages to terrorists buried deep in America.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Gee lets hope they are a bit more on the ball now a days . This seems to silly to be true .

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
That must be the same guy that knows that our President was born in Kenya.

That reminds me, why can't Obama take a break from his vacation and try to scare the country?? What the hell, I want my fix of heightened fear.

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well its pretty sad to learn that the CIA was coned in this fashion and if they will fall for this what else will the fall for ?

join