It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

there is no "GOD"-

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
how depressing it is to see so many blind followers of an all-seeing being, let anyone attempt to convince me there is a GOD, until then - you will never be more than you believe you can be, unless you stop believing

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Again, for the non-conspiracy related religion post, please use the "Faith and spirituality" section on BTS.

Oh and...stop beating the dead horse.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by inductionaryreason
how depressing it is to see so many blind followers of an all-seeing being, let anyone attempt to convince me there is a GOD, until then - you will never be more than you believe you can be, unless you stop believing

its harder to be an atheist than a believer. and i like the prospects of possibly having eternal life in a far better place than this world. somethings cant be explained.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I don't even really get what you're trying to say in that last part... But don't be so quick to assume that everyone who believes in God is a "blind follower". I think it's a lot harder to believe in any god than to be an atheist. If you refuse to believe in God, that's your problem and I feel bad for you, but there are many many people out there who know God exists and not all of them are "blind" to anything else. No one can force you to believe in any god, because it takes faith. If you have no faith, you can't believe. There are many people who have had experiences with God, and you'd be hardpressed to convince them there is no God.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'm not a blind follower,
I had an experience that to me, proved that there is a god, but, I can understand why someone who hasnt had any experiences like that would most likely think these things.
Its not my place to prove God exists, a person can do that themselves. Just take the time to "meditate" and get intune with yourself, it opens up the doors to the creator and the essence of God.
Also people who feel the need for orginized religion find God that way. Many on faith, many on experiences. People are not always as blind as some people think they are,
and people also get hung up on the name "God" because they can't see through the religious dogma that many people are into. Get past the name and into the concept if you really want to know if its true, its easy enough to verify within yourself. But only if you really search inside yourself and face your own dogma on the name "God".

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   

It's kinda interesting that you chose to word your Rant in that manner. Although I really think the 'Point' can be communicated with just a fraction of the words you used. To illustrate what I am talking about, look back at your original message which is quoted above, but only the section in Bold/Italic. Now let's read it again but with special consideration to 'Believe'. (as in: Be-Lieve, Be-Leve, or Be-Leave)

Be - v. First and third person singular past indicative. To exist in actuality; have life or reality.

Lief same as Lieve - adj. Ready or willing.
Leve same as Leave - v. Left. To have as a result, consequence, or remainder. Omit. Exclude. Abandon or forsake.

Now let's read that message again!

You will never (Exist or Live) more than you (Live Forsaken), unless you stop (Excluding Life.)

You may also wan to include something at the end though, that Way the message not only makes others 'Aware of being Lost', but also to help guide them in 'Finding the Way to the True Path'. Something small like,
Stop Be-Leaving(Living a Forsaken Life) & Just Be(Exist in Actuality, Have Live Reality)!!

I'm don't think you actually meant what you said, in the same way I read it or adjusted it. It was most likely just some 'Mud Pit' attack against other members and/or certain concepts they may have, only you know for sure. However, I still think this makes a good example of how Language can have various meanings while still keeping the same 'Words'. Seeing and Knowing The Way to the Correct Answers Exposes the Incorrect Answers, just as Seeing and Knowing the Incorrect Exoposes the opposite. Thoughts and ideas of this nature are always fun IMO. Plus the more visible it becomes as one's perception changes, the more fun it is to reading all those 'Buddhist Koan's' and 'Bits of Wisdom' that we all come across now and then!

top topics

join