It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help: Info on "The Family", "The Fellowship" and Uganda.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The American organization that is allegedly responsible for Uganda's anti-gay laws has the foreboding titles: "The Fellowship" and "The Family". Superficially it purports to spread Christian love (and controls much of evangelical Chritianity), but it is highly secretive, preaches an elite fundamentalism and is connected to both good and bad world leaders. In short, it is a conspiracist's dream. For a general overview see: en.wikipedia.org...(Christian_organization). (If a drop down list appears select American Christian organization)
In regards to The Family's trip to Uganda and their influence there, see:
www.americanchronicle.com...
Apparently the Family did eventually state that the Ugandan Bill went too far (or something to that effect), but few people are convinced of the belated sincerity of such statements.
But then a country that produced Idi Amin and expelled its entire Asian population, while featuring bloodthirsty militias with names like "The Lord's Resistance Army" probably didn't require too much intervention to find somebody to persecute.
Sadly, ordinary Ugandans will be further stigmatized.
The other collateral damage is US evangelism, which is now even easier to associate with hate groups.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

I sometimes wonder what it means, religion going too far?
In my day it seemd religion couldn't go far enough to meddle in people's lives.
But then, I always thought America was wierd.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

There is a lot of info on the web about the group of people variously known as the "The Family", "The Fellowship", though I suspect some of it may be propaganda from both sides.

Here is a relatively recent article that seems to be undamaged by hackers:

Meet the Senators in the Creepy Right-Wing Cult Trying to Defeat Health Care Reform

You can tell from the title that the author has a point of view, but the article itself is fairly straightforward.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

Thanks a lot for that. With the lack of response I was beginning to wonder whether I was the victim of disinformation.
Perhaps this kind of control and manipulation in world affairs is not what most people want to consider about the powers who run their religion.

Visitors to the thread, PLEASE NOTE, I was advised that I could copy and paste this post of mine from another thread. Unfortunately the original links did not highlight. I repeat them here:
The first is from Wikipedia (The Fellowship - American organization) en.wikipedia.org...
The second (introducing their meddling in Uganda) is www.americanchronicle.com...
The original post was in www.abovetopsecret.com...
My apologies for the initial oversights. The links don't say very much in any case and Wikipedia is dodgy. This is why I decided to thread the topic, since I'm really keen to find out more.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by halfoldman]

[edit on 4-1-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
The information on wikipedia about "The Fellowship" or "The Family" is kind of interesting. Although we all know we can trust wikipedia 100%. This organization does keep itself secret. If anyone comes up with anything besides wikipedia and the news about Uganda and the homosexua agenda, Please let us know.

CC

top topics

join