It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you dare to take the red pill to see the real Matrix.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
BIGGEST WARNING OF YOUR LIFE.........

i will tell you how. But know this, you will never ever ever be the same. Everything you liked and disliked, acquaintances, goals/ambitions, family, gf/bf, source of income, every single thing will be dramatically changed and seen for what it all really is.

No matter what you try you cannot ever possibly go back and will never be the same.

BUT, you will know the truth and will become unMovable, uNshakable, Fearless, etc.

The cost? Yourself. You give up you to know and you cannot ever be gotten back.

Disclaimer in a nutshell. On to practice.
1. The thought 'I'. Hold on to the 'I' thought and all times no matter what. Just hold on to it in all instances. Whatever happens or whatever thoughts pop up, ask "who is this happening to, who is thinking these thoughts, who is making these decisions" The answer is "me" then get the feel for the I thought and hold onto it.

2. You are not the body, because you as awareness is aware of the body. That means there is a subject and object. Same with thoughts. You are aware of thoughts but you are not thoughts. Same with emotions. Same with decisions, reactions, actions, choices, etc.

You are aware of all of these things but none of these things are you.

Now turn this awareness around so it is aware of itself. Stay in that as long as possible. If thoughts pop up, notice awareness is aware of them and turn that awareness around again to be aware of itself. Thoughts will die down eventually and leave you with awareness being aware of itself.

3. If you are not the body, not thoughts, not awareness, not emotions, etc etc ...keep seeking what are you by discrimination of not this, not this. WHen the mind says, "Soul" ...immediately see that the mind said this (the mind is not this, and soul is a thought so not this. Keep digging deeper. Not this, not that, not this, not that. See what is at the end of the questioning.

All of these may take minutes, hours, days, weeks, months or years. t all depends on the sharpness of intellect in number 3, long held concentration of single pointedness in 2, and guts to to hold on to a single premise in the face of all others in 1.

I warn you again, this is strictly for the select few and all 3 of these have their own built in safety mechanisms. The majority of westerners have A.D.D. and so can only stand to try this out for a few hours let alone a day or two, and that is why the select few will go the distance.

I dare not say more. The 3 above alone will reveal the absolute truth absolutely.

All the posts and speculative authors that talked about reality being illusion and so forth ..... see for yourself.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I did see that "Ghost in the Shell" was on TV today.

"I live on Earth at present, and I don’t know what I am. I know that I am not a category. I am not a thing — a noun. I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process – an integral function of the universe."

-Buckminster Fuller in his work "I Seem to Be a Verb"

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

You are aware of thoughts but you are not thoughts.

I am sorry, but this thread makes absolutely no sense what so ever?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Interesting thread

There appears to be some 'meat' in your topics. something to think about indeed.

ATS is about getting spoon fed however, I can see why you don't expect great results

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Fascinating. I will try this when I get some down time. Which probably wont be til the kids are back in school.

If nothing else it will make an interest and useful meditation session. Or many.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I dare not say more.

Horsecrap! Why? What will happen? I triple-dog-dare you to say more or justify why you won't.

You're on the right track with this though. Have you read The Power of Now? It is very much in-line with your posting.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

what you saw and who said what is irrelevant to the illusion, but once known for what the illusion is, then becomes oh so obviously relevant and interconnected.

who saw this on tv today? who posts this reply? you say you, but what is it about you tat is not a thought?

I am sorry, but this thread makes absolutely no sense what so ever?

Hence the reason for multiple red pills i.e. 1, 2, and 3. If one does not push your button, another will. Perhaps there is a philosophical deficiency in the diet?

If you are aware that you are thinking, that creates 2. An awareness(1) that is aware of thinking/thoughts(2). If there are 2 things, then which one are you ...the thinker/thoughts or the awareness of the thinker/thoughts?

a thought is limited we can all agree. if I have a rock in my hand and I have a thought of a rock in my head ...which one is better ..the imaginary or the real?

So with you ...you think that you are thinking and aware of thoughts. But what is real and not a thought?

Better yet who are you? The angry person in traffic, the happy person during sex, the hungry person during hunger, the childlike whimsicality when you were young, the seriousness in adulthood? Which one?

Or are you some ever changing evolving thingy?

You are aware are you not? Is this awareness the mind thinking? Is it the senses sensing? The eyes perceiving?

If you are aware of eyes seeing, aware of the mind thinking, aware of senses sensing ...then that again makes two. An awareness(1) (subject) and the object of the awareness(2). Which one are you? Have you examined this?

The aspect of you that wants to know .....know it

wanting to find ....find the wanting.

Seek the seeker, know the knower, observe the observer, want the wanter.

I dare not say more because what is more ....words cannot justify, words limit. A knowing that can only be know by you yourself. Find out yourself if you dare. It will cost you tremendously. You pay with yourself.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by dominicus]

[edit on 26-12-2009 by dominicus]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Intersting thread. Very thought provoking. I believe that thoughts are like a seed, and once planted they become actions. The actions are represented as plants or the fruit, of what has all started by just one thought. The consequences of your actions are the harvested fruit of your actions. Everything you think, and hence do (because whether or not you chose to act, you still made fruit by either doing it (action) or not doing it (non-action), and both ways effected your whole life) effects everyone else on Earth in some way. So thoughts are real, as am I, and are very, very powerful.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Star and flag and well put to an experience that almost defies description.

I have experienced this exact same(or incredibly similar) 'state of hyper-awareness'(for lack of a better term).The first of many times, I was 7 years old and reached the state by simply staring at my own image in the mirror while in some childish way wondering 'who' I was, until I was suddenly struck with the sensation of being 'apart' from my physical body. An accute state of awareness was reached in which all things seemed to simply 'click' into place and I began to question( and even find the answer to) my very being.

However, as a child of seven, I found it remarkably easy to merely accept the sensation.(For 'sensation' seems to me to be precisely what it is). The reality of this state is , in my opinion anyway, absolutely achievable and repeatable and without doubt. As stated in the OP, the depth to which this can take one is without doubt intimidating and the deeper one goes, the more reality seems to 'open up'. In fact, a self-braking mechanism seems to be inherent that one can choose at anytime because where this leads may not be where one is expecting.

But, also as stated, this can be reality altering and the effect it had on me 41 years ago personally has endured to this day. Truly, it must be experienced to be known, for words are very ineffectual tools to describe it.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kingoftheworld

The point is missed. See 1, 2, 3 of the first post........ the end result will not be anything that you have stated.

So thoughts are real, as am I, and are very, very powerful.

Is a Nuke hitting Japan in WWII as powerful as the thought of a nuke hitting Japan?

No

The thought of it is not the actual.

You think there is a you who is thinking. Remember thoughts are not the actual. Sure they have their own existence, but again the thought of a rock is not an actual rock.

If you dare to be a pioneer, you are more than welcome to stringently attest the scientific method to the principals of 1-3 and see for yourself if the outcome is true.

I'll give you a clue; it has nothing to do with thoughts forming, causing actions, reactions, outcomes, power, and real. It is you yourself(and most of us ourselves) who help to keep the matrix in place ...and yet some have broken the link.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Yes, but I believe that you have missed my point. You asserted that the thought of a nuke hitting Japan is not as powerful as the fact that a nuke did actually hit Japan. However, would that action have been carried out if someone did not think to do it? My whole point is thoughts, and choices (which are brought about by thoughts, if you'll notice the motif) are what make up all of reality. Just thinking that you are here, is the reason that you are here.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Why do people still think the Matrix trilogy is based on real life?

Keanu Reeves is an actor, acting...Morpheus' real name is Laurence Fishburn....sheesh

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
You are absolutely right, Ive done it myself. can I hear about your personal experience? U2U me

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

No doubt some psychologist out there will read my comment, and think I fit in some subset of "schitzophrenic" or some other "illness".

I've been aware of this body/mind thing for years, and it stemmed from one simple question: What is "self"? What am *I*? What is *ME*?

I totally concur with the OP - you WILL see things differently, and you can't go back from the realization that "you" are more than the physical being that encapsulates "you".

Ask yourself this fundamental question: how can a bunch of chemicals and electrical signals "feel", "think", use "logic" and react to the environment?

When you break the body down further, you get a bunch of atoms.

What is DNA? A bunch of ameno acids.

What are amino acids? A bunch of atoms.

I appreciate there are those who think this makes no sense at all, but the fact is that when broken down to component parts, "self" transcends the physical. The physical is incapable of encompassing self, less explaining it.

As the OP said, try to understand this at your own risk. I handled the idea, but it may make some go nuts, whilst others can't or won't be able to understand. When "it" happens though, you will know, and you WILL see things differently.

Why do people still think the Matrix trilogy is based on real life?

It's an analogy, and a good one at that.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kingoftheworld

Yes, but I believe that you have missed my point. You asserted that the thought of a nuke hitting Japan is not as powerful as the fact that a nuke did actually hit Japan. However, would that action have been carried out if someone did not think to do it? My whole point is thoughts, and choices (which are brought about by thoughts, if you'll notice the motif) are what make up all of reality.

fair enough. makes sense, and perhaps has truth to it.

But the point is, who is I? Who is You? Who is thinking? Who's thoughts? Who is choosing? Who's reality?

Just thinking that you are here, is the reason that you are here.

Is the above quote a thought written down? Who is the writer and what caused the write to write that. 1-3 will answer.

The same can be said that right now someone is thinking about sharks with freakin lazer beams attached to their heads. That doesnt mean it is the reason why the exist or not. Thoughts are limited.

Why do people still think the Matrix trilogy is based on real life? Keanu Reeves is an actor, acting...Morpheus' real name is Laurence Fishburn....sheesh

Lol. 1-3. But if thats what you'd like to think so be it. Continue on in your reality but fyi, the wachowski brothers wrote the script to the matrix based on real life material and mixed in with fix. Whether you choose to see the whole flick as fiction is the role you have decided to play. Until 1, 2 or 3 is seen for what it is in the op ....carry on. Most wont get it.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
[Lol. 1-3. But if thats what you'd like to think so be it. Continue on in your reality but fyi, the wachowski brothers wrote the script to the matrix based on real life material and mixed in with fix. Whether you choose to see the whole flick as fiction is the role you have decided to play. Until 1, 2 or 3 is seen for what it is in the op ....carry on. Most wont get it.

What?!!!

Do you have some evidence of that

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Yeah, don't get the impressoin that I'm trying to pick a fight or argue with you. I am trying to help you deny ignorance. Now as for who am I, or you, or anyone that is of no importance, and is the most important thing in the world. It's all how you percieve it all. Sure there is fact, and absolute fact, but if it does not mean anything to you then does it matter? Whatever you "think" about anything, or everything is what should matter to you.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I just ate a handful of red pills...

Do I need to call the poison control hotline?

When presenting ideas, it is more credible to present them in a clear manor. I do not wish to decode abstract ideas poorly conveyed as philosophical truths.

What is the illusion?

What is awareness?

If you pull words with meanings into the abstract, expect confusion.

I do not wish to be so judgmental but what you say is either without meaning or too confusing to understand. They are not confusing because of my perceived lower state of being 'aware' or because of 'illusion'. They are confusing because of poor choice in words.

All the posts and speculative authors that talked about reality being illusion and so forth ..... see for yourself.

This is not a coherent sentence.

You explain that you know a truth, then you fail to actually explain the truth itself.

I warn you again, this is strictly for the select few

Why the exclusive club?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Why the exclusive club?

Because some people will not handle the idea.

It is known throughout Maths and Physics, that the vast majority of people can not handle the idea of infinity. Most think it can't be done (the brain is too limited) or they themselves can't comprehend it, so just say it is impossible.

I know a couple of people when whom I push to try and imagine it, say they can't. I laugh at them, they know I laugh at them, and it is because I can imagine infinity. They look at me, bemused.

The logical flaw that exists in their mind when I get them to explain why they can't imagine it is this: they always see a limit. They can't see something without a limit.

I can imagine infinite nothingness. No matter where I go, I can keep going further, ad infinitum.

They explain to me that they must always see something, some kind of end, a boundary, a wall.

I see no such end. I see infinity.

This is on that level.

You can either:

a) do it, understand it, and handle it
b) not understand it, and maybe even ridicule the idea
c) try and understand it, and truly go nuts because of it.

This is why it is not for everyone, and why the OP termed it as "an exclusive club".

It sounds like madness or schizophrenia, but it is neither. It is just an extremely deep analysis of "self".

Re-read my post further up. When you break the body down to its component parts, "self" transcends the physical.

It is also why we will be unable to ever create life beyond a single cell, and why people can never be brought back to life within minutes of brain death - self has left the body, and you ca't get it back as it is more than a physical process.

It also explains why people can survive and live with some of the most bizarre brain defects imaginable. Their physical being may be damaged (inability to speak, move limbs, etc) but inside, they are still there, thinking, etc..

It is interesting listening to people who have been in a coma - they are always completely aware of their surroundings, even though they suffered serious trauma that put them there.

[edit on 27-12-2009 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Get the I thought. Hum... i try to to my best to keep my awareness, but it seems so fleeting, can you post any ways to help this or any other examples to keep an "I" mindset?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join