It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: White bison born near Flagstaff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
A white bison was born Saturday into a small herd outside Flagstaff, Ariz. There are two things that make this occurance especially rare. First, the bison was born to a white mother, a one-in-10-million chance. Second, the bison was born white. Usually, "white" buffalo are born reddish in color and change to white later on.

Arizona Republic

"This is so rare specifically because she was born white," Davis said. "The others were born red (like normal buffaloes) and turned white."

The birth of a white bison is meaningful for many Native American tribes, especially Plains Indians such as the Lakota, who consider it a symbol of rebirth when the world's people are in troubled times.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The Lakota people tell of the White Buffalo Woman who came long ago to give the Lakota many songs and ceremonies and taught the people the way of the Lakota. When she left, she promised to return one day to purify the world. The birth of a white buffalo calf is to be the signal of her return. White calves have been born before (I believe this is number ten or eleven), however I am not sure how many were born to white, pure-bison (not a beefalo, a buffalo/cow mix), and how many of those were born with white fur instead of red. Could this be the signal for the return of the White Buffalo Woman?

Related Link
White Buffalo Woman Legend

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hamburglar
Could this be the signal for the return of the White Buffalo Woman?

Or that Mulder's alive?

I think it's great. And happened naturally from what we know.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
This is a very god omen to the native american.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing this! I have read of this prophecy. Is this also connected with the MotherBoard prophecy?

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this. I cought this news on the cnn news bar on the bottom of the screen but never saw anything on it. This is just one more piece of the puzzle.imo

The white buffalo is part of the native american end times legends.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I though it was more of the rebirth of their nation.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
wow, that's really amazing. let's hope it is a sign of rebirth in the world... we need it, desperately. there's far too much turmoil going on in this world.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I first heard this story on the radio on my way into the old J-O-B this morning. they mentioned briefly the legend, and said that this was like the tenth or eleventh time a "white" buffalo had been born. In fact, I seem to recall some hoopla about the white buffalo not too many years back (3-6 years ago or so).

Some other legends say that it will take the birth of three white buffalo to bring about the return of White Buffalo Woman. In any case, does anyone know how many "white" buffalo there have already been? Is this "born-white-from-a-white-mother-and-not-with-red-fur-at-first-but-actually-white" buffalo the first of its kind? Are the others not quite right for some reason? Or is the legend nothing more than just a legend?

Any thoughts?

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Wow this is amazing, Being of Native amercan heritage this is a very meaningfull event, Re-birth new hope, lets hope this is the beginning of better times.

In 1933 a white buffalo calf was born in Colorado, and in 1994 another one, named Miracle, was born in Janesville, Wisconsin, on the ranch of Dave and Valerie Heider. Thousands of people of many different faiths have visited Miracle, testifying that her birth is a call for all races to come together to heal the earth and solve our mutual problems.

The birth of a white buffalo calf is seen by the Native Americans as the most significant of prophetic signs, equivalent to the weeping statues, bleeding icons, and crosses of light that are becoming prevalent within the Christian churches. Just as the Christian faithful who attend these signs see them as a renewal of God's ongoing relationship with humanity, so do the Native Americans see the white buffalo calf as a sign to begin to mend life's sacred hoop.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The white buffalo woman is a beutiful story and this is a prophesy of the Lakota people.
It will be dificult to bring this story to the rest of the nation because their prophesies are for them along, may be while we the rest of the world destroy ourself they will stay in the background until is not people enough on earth and they can regain their land again. Will that make sense?

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Hmmm, This is good news. Particularly when you link it with other prophecies and events. I agree with cmdrkeenkid, we desperately need it.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Interesting story!

Two questions -

1. Was it albino, or just white?

2. Any pictures?

mrq

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Megalodon
2. Any pictures?

Story and picture at:
white buffalo

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Ther was also a white Buffalo born in Janesville wis several years ago it has since turned brown. I think it was mid 90s when I went to see it.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Megalodon, part of what makes it so special is that it is not an albino. It is a genetic mutation that is very rare in buffalo. It is much more common when buffalo are mixed with regular cattle stock (so-called beefalo). Even more impressive is that the calf was born of a white mother (as shown in the photo). The chances of a white buffalo (whether born white or changing to white over time) giving birth to a pure white buffalo are something like 10-million-to-one.

Again I ask, with all of the excitement for this calf's birth, what makes this one different than the many others over the years? Why weren't they the ones to bring about the purification?

Was something not right about them? Perhaps, like the one factfinder noted, they all turned brown? Or, is this just a story?

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Hamb, thanks for the interesting article. And, boy, what a cute little thing it is.

Asala, thanks for the support information, too.

This is the first I've heard of this legend. It seems this rarity is much more beleivable, rather than many of the Christian pictures/statues that weep, etc.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Heres a brief of the legand of the buffalo.

One summer a long time ago, the seven sacred council fires of the Lakota Sioux came together and camped. The sun was strong and the people were starving for there was no game. Two young men went out to hunt. Along the way, the two men met a beautiful young woman dressed in white who floated as she walked. One man had bad desires for the woman and tried to touch her, but was consumed by a cloud and turned into a pile of bones. The woman spoke to the second young man and said, "Return to your people and tell them I am coming." This holy woman brought a wrapped bundle to the people. She unwrapped the bundle giving to the people a sacred pipe and teaching them how to use it to pray. "With this holy pipe, you will walk like a living prayer," she said. The holy woman told the Sioux about the value of the buffalo, the women and the children. "You are from Mother Earth," she told the women, "What you are doing is as great as the warriors do." Before she left, she told the people she would return. As she walked away, she rolled over four times, turning into a white female buffalo calf. It is said after that day the Lakota honored their pipe, and buffalo were plentiful.

(from John Lame Deer's telling in 1967).

Source: Walks with spirit,

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
This reminds me of the time when I was doing missionary work in Africa.

One day a woman gave birth to an albino child. Since I was the only white man in the area, the Chief summoned me and began chastising me for father this child. I attempted to explain to the chief that this was a natural occurance and I had nothing to do with it. I looked out over a flock of sheep and saw one black sheep in the herd. I pointed to it and said, "Just like that sheep, these things happen in nature."

The chief nodded to me and said, "I understand. You no talk about sheep, me no talk about baby!"

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Thanks for the legend, asala

This is a really neat story, and lets hope there is some rebirth, I think we could use it.

Here's a photo of a white bison,

top topics

join