It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could you help me map my song

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
In 1980 when I lived in the UK as a young naive musician I had a few records out on the MCA label. I wasn't signed directly to MCA though, I was signed through a production company. The problem with this arrangement was that any progress the record was making was relayed to me through a third party.

From my understanding the record did relatively well and it was released all over the world with the exception of the US.
It was incredibly frustrating though, not knowing what happened to it.

Without going into a long sobby story about the music industry, to this day I still wonder how much exposure it got and I would love to know what parts of the world it reached.

Please understand that for me this is not an ego trip, it's more like tracing a long lost child.

If anyone remembers this song, could you please let me know on this thread.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by kennyb72]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Great song. Very catchy. It does hint at familiarity with me. I think I may have heard it at some point in my life.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by divinetragedy79

Hi, divinetragedy79

The song is nearly 30 yrs old now and I don't think it was released in the US, It possibly got some airplay though.

I have Google earth open and I intend to map where I get a positive sighting/hearing

Thanks so much for your input

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kennyb72

Thought I would run this through the board one last time, although there doesn't seem to be much interest. I thought it would help to post when Europe was on the boards because this is where the song was released mostly.

Thanks in advance if you can fill me in a bit on where it got airplay.

top topics

join