It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I don't like about christmas...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I have to visit family I don't particularly care for. I have to make goodies, wrap presents, put out cookies, clean the kitchen, clean the living room, Stay up late wrapping more presents. Get up in teh morning, make breakfast. Drive 2 hours overnight to visit family.

I have to go lug in junk from the car. Lug junk to the car, lug in more junk from the car.

work work work work work

oh fudge, forgot to get the potatoes at the store.

sigh

One positive is I can get away with wearing a red shirt and white pants.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Well at least you don't have a big swing to put together I suppose. Things could always be worse. The two hour drive is a bit much on Christmas though, I'll give you that. Maybe some sugar coated pecans would help.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
My wife and I are not Christmas folks either....doesn't do anything for us frankly

I am with ya

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I have to visit family I don't particularly care for. I have to make goodies, wrap presents, put out cookies, clean the kitchen, clean the living room, Stay up late wrapping more presents. Get up in teh morning, make breakfast. Drive 2 hours overnight to visit family.

I have to go lug in junk from the car. Lug junk to the car, lug in more junk from the car.

Ah the memories....Good times...

I hated it just as much as you Nixie, but the memories..and the stories..

All you can do is laugh, believe me, and it goes by so much faster....
Yet somehow, right now, I miss it, and wish I was doing it along with all the others....

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Why do you HAVE to visit them? If it's unpleasant, why bother?

For me, I don't mind going through trouble for family and friends that I love (and man, did we go through some trouble this year...ugghh), but although dreading it, I'd still do it all over again to have them there....

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

If I recall correctly, I wasn't given a choice, no matter how much I tried to stay away, I always had to go visit those that i didn't care for, and those that didn't care for me.

These past few years though, I have not had to do this, and only miss it one or two days right around Christmas. The other days, i thank the stars that those days are over. Too much stress that is not needed, just to put on a "front".

and like Nixie stated, the lugging back and forth of junk to and from the car..don't miss it at all.

new topics

top topics

join