It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone know anyone who has actually lost thier home to foreclosure?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I know someone who saw the value of their home drop below what they owed or something like that, so they just gave it back and got another, better house elsewhere. This seems similar to me. They gave up all their equity in the house because continuing to pay was a waste.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by ivorywire]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by unicorn1

I'm guessing tact isn't the OPs middle name. I'm actually pretty annoyed about this.
Good luck to all those who have lost their jobs or their homes.

There is no malice or ill intent ment with the thread.

It's just no one is talking about this.

It's like a big friggin secret that no one wants to talk about.

What's going on behind the scenes?

How do you know the government doesn't have a hidden agenda when it comes to foreclosues and loan renegotiating?

Maybe they are only helping certain groups of people.

I hope things improve for you next year unicorn.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

Ahh, don't let it bother you, they earned their bonus, probably.

Driving the cab, I spoke with a lot of people who have been in this situation.
One was a man (nice guy) from Oklahoma who knew nothing except how to be an oil field roughneck. Little education, but when he lost that (in the '80's, the last time this happened, and what brought me to the last place I lived) he checked the unemployment figures and moved to an area that was doing better than others.
He moved to another state and started hauling trash for people while he worked a part time bricklaying job. Well, he now has about three hundred employees and a waste disposal business.
It didn't happen over night, and he was darn glad to put down those bricks and trowels when he was finally able.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
My Wife and I had to give up our home a little over six years ago, due to my getting injured at work, then having to fight with my compensation board. It wasn't only our home we lost, we had to sell everything that for many years, we worked damn hard for, while at the same time my government was allowing in thousands of so-called "refugees" and giving them housing, welfare, free healthcare and education, then telling us Canadians that we had to adapt to their ways, including their religious practices, at the expense of our own.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bkrmn
My Wife and I had to give up our home a little over six years ago, due to my getting injured at work, then having to fight with my compensation board. It wasn't only our home we lost, we had to sell everything that for many years, we worked damn hard for, while at the same time my government was allowing in thousands of so-called "refugees" and giving them housing, welfare, free healthcare and education, then telling us Canadians that we had to adapt to their ways, including their religious practices, at the expense of our own.

I sympathize with your situation, however it did happen many years before the current crisis. You should be well recovered by now. I thought the canadian government was sympathetic towards people.

The intent of the thread was to identify people who have been targeted for foreclosure by TPTB in the current distrust cycle happening right now.

This question is aimed at anyone who is or was in the last 2 years on the ropes.

Are they targeting you based upon something you may have said, your sexuality, your religion, your political ideology, your occupation, your race, your social status, your economic status or some other indicator that can be tracked?

Are you a victim in anyway shape or form?

[edit on 25-12-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
They are probably targeting him because he was injured on the job.
Depending on skills, the job market hasn't been all that smooth for the last, well, more than two years.
If he had to sell all he owned, he sold his tools, maybe the truck(s).
Very difficult to get a job that requires tools when you don't have them.
(Big tip here, don't sell the tools, even though they are the easiest things to sell, don't sell them, been there, done that.)
But you sell what you can, to survive.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
yes..... there have been 5 different families here in my close in area that have lost do to this nightmare...

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
THis is my expierience over the last two years.

My street had 4 foreclosures on it in the past and has 3 foreclosures on it now. My neighbor on one side gave thiers back. Besides the foreclosures on my street there was one who rented out thier place at a loss. I know someone who gave up a place and moved to a better house before they gave the old one back to the bank. I know two other people who were forcibly ejected from thier home after thier landlord stopped paying on the mortgage.

I've heard about 150+ stories firsthand of people losing thier homes. Another 750+ stories of job losses and reduced pay. And another 250+ stories of people who were helping familiy members in need of help. And probably many more who chose not to tell me what was going on.

There are currently 90,000 foreclosures in my metropolitan area of 5 million people. The jobs section in the sunday paper is about 1 page. THere is practically no construction happening in an economy where 30% of the population is directly or indirectly involved in new construction.

The state is nearly bankrupt.

No one seems to work during the day. They just drive around, watch tv or muddle about the garage during the middle of the day.

And yet the malls are packed and no one is living on the street.

This is normal yes?

On top of federal taxes, state taxes, county taxes, city taxes, sales, taxes, gas taxes, property taxes, permit fees, court fees, fines and penalities I also pay for everyone to have healthcare except for me and my family. I also pay into a retirement system that is bankrupt.

Liers, extortionists, blackmailers, cheats and thieves everywhere.

A media conglomerate that pumps out lies. A political system that is morally bankrupt. A corportate run government that limits freedom.

WTF?

The most prosperous nation on earth?

Not likely.

More like the sorriest 3rd world country on the planet.

This is the world my children are gonna grow up in. How disgusting.

I suppose it could be worse. Entire countries have been turned to rubble in warfare. Thier populations killed and forced to abandon everything they cherish. Plauges, diseases, natural disasters and secret police have run rampant taking family members in the night.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
My neighbor on one side lost their home due to foreclosure. There are many of them in my neighborhood though and every week I see more empty houses with the orange stickers on the front door which means it has went into foreclosure. Our houses are now worth about half of what we originally paid for them and no body can sell them so you have no choice but to walk away and let it go back to the bank if you can not make the payments.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I am one of them. I have been living payment free since Nov. 2008... there is a secret going on that i have just found out, Don't move! the banks are overwhelmed, the gov't keeps sticking its head in the banking business, the court system is in disarray!!!!

very very interesting times right now...

i keep the banks at bay with my bankruptcy (which you do not have to file) and I keep going to my congressman's office to show them our Lame offer... then they do the thing that they do best... meddle..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join