It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Several Prosecutors Probing Nebraska Compromise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Several Prosecutors Probing Health Care Deal

Attorney General Henry McMaster said he and his counterparts in Alabama, Colorado, Michigan, North Dakota, Texas and Washington state — all Republicans — are jointly taking a look at the deal they've dubbed the "Nebraska compromise."

"The Nebraska compromise, which permanently exempts Nebraska from paying Medicaid costs that Texas and all other 49 states must pay, may violate the United States Constitution — as well as other provisions of federal law," Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott said.

I usually stay out of political debates. Well I have started veering away from them lately. It usually degrades in to pointless mud slinging, finger wagging, and childishness. I just couldn't skip out on this one.

How in the h# can anyone support this kind of bull? Now we have to fork out extra money to cover all of Nebraska. Everybody has to makle up for the nearly 1.7 million Nebraskans that no longer pay in but recieve (expanded) benefits. That doesn't include the "breaks" given to Vermont, Massachusetts, and Louisiana.

How can we expand Medicaid but cut back the number of people paying for it? What is in this bill is so horrible that bribes like this have to be offered?

If all of that doesn't piss you off enough, I leave you with the words of House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn, D-S.C.

"Rather than sitting here and carping about what Nelson got for Nebraska, I would say to my friends on the other side of the aisle: Let's get together and see what we can get for South Carolina," Clyburn said.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by MikeNice81]

join