It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: ICE using unlisted detention centers for immigrant prisoners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Report: ICE using unlisted detention centers for immigrant prisoners

rawstory.com

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement is holding an untold number of people in secretively maintained detention facilities all over the United States, according to a report set to be published next year in The Nation.

Many of the sites are unmarked and unlisted, going unnoticed in office parks and commercial zones, according to reporter Jacqueline Stevens. The so-called ICE "subfield offices" are mainly used to house prisoners in transfer and are not subject to the basic standards applied to ICE and even military prisoners.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www. alternet.org

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I am sue any one who has read to any length on this site has read about secrete detention centers before. Here is seems that at least some aspect of the main stream media just might put some information about these sites out to the public. This article says it is not to be relised until next year. That is not to far off right now, but is probably still far enough off for the story to be killed, with the right motivation.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Was just gonna post this myself but ya beat me to it I see! Pretty messed up. I am willing to bet that these types of illegal prisons are already around housing more than illegal aliens and "terrorists". I bet that if you dig deep enough you will find that there are American citizens in these type of places too. And I mean for more than just short periods like the converted warehouses and such we hear about them using for political events etc... How bad have we let it get where our own government doesn't find it necessary to follow our own constitution! We have let this behavior go on for too long now. They must be stopped!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

Redwookieaz
thanks for posting. I don't know how many of these facilities might or might not be around. I just do know I have read what people have been saying about them for quite some time. Not only detention camps but modified rail cars also. I will be something different if the MSM actually says something about it.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
If you follow the links from the OP story, it has a the link to the next story, which has a link that says it is a list of 186 unlisted sites.

However, I googled the address on a few of those on the list of unlisted and found that they appear to be listed sites.

Listed on the ICE public website.
www.ice.gov/doclib/pi/specialregistration/L ist_Interview.pdf

How can they be unlisted, if they are listed?

Note* I have not verified both lists are identical yet.

[edit on 12/23/09 by makeitso]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

Makeitso
thanks for taking the time to look up the sites on the agency web site, stared

Some good information also.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Sorry but this isn't true. Not even remotely true! I am in law enforcement, I work with ICE alot when we detain people who have deportation warrants, or are fugatives from ICE and many, MANY, of them simply sit in local jails until their deportation hearing. Not to mention there are many occasions where I will have an illegal that ICE won't even bother to detain, so they are left go unless we have charges on them...

Sorry but this SOURCE is doing nothing but trying to cause hype....

top topics

join