It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I will continue to be 'arrogant'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I will continue with my everyday life. I will not buy a Hybrid and will continue to drive my truck that gets 19 miles to the gallon. I will continue to run up my electirc bill by leaving lights on, decorating my house with 20,000 lights for christmas, a big christmas tree decked out, and take 20 minute showers. People call me ignorant and arrogant for not falling prey to the stupidity of the world to fall for that global warming crap. Global warming is real I know it is but people do not cause it, I guess the warm period that lasted centuries was because of vehicles, airplanes, using water, and using oil. Get a grip people, this has nothing to do with us we can not control this. So the best we can do is live realistically and get some sun lotion!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Yep there is nothing wrong with the earth. Its people that are fecked up.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
I will continue with my everyday life. I will not buy a Hybrid and will continue to drive my truck that gets 19 miles to the gallon. I will continue to run up my electirc bill by leaving lights on, decorating my house with 20,000 lights for christmas, a big christmas tree decked out, and take 20 minute showers. People call me ignorant and arrogant for not falling prey to the stupidity of the world to fall for that global warming crap. Global warming is real I know it is but people do not cause it, I guess the warm period that lasted centuries was because of vehicles, airplanes, using water, and using oil. Get a grip people, this has nothing to do with us we can not control this. So the best we can do is live realistically and get some sun lotion!

That's not ignorance, that's just plain stupid. None of those things cause problems, they help even if global warming/climate change isn't real. They can save you lots of money!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

From Thread: are our young people this stupid? hmmm.
Posted by Misoir, on December 22, 2009 at 07:01 GMT

I am 15 so obviously I would considered a 'young person'. This is just a bunch of crap that is trying to be forced on people who are quite ignorant to politics and everything that is not guitar hero, facebook, and dating. I am political and go on CNN and Politico everyday for politics and Yahoo News, www.Macedoniaonline.eu, and BBCNews.com, for my news every day. I have a facebook and myspace but never really mess with them I like ATS alot more because atleast people on here are not brainswashed and the only way to be a conspiracy theorist is t research alot so ATS'ers are not dumb. But this is just rubbish what they are trying to make young people do, the only reason they say this stupid stuff is because young people will actually fall for it.

I'm Not interested in being arrogant but I have to ask,
If youre only 15,(as you state in the post above) should you be so liberal and wasteful with your parents hard earned cash? Just asking? You sound a little angry at the world for being only 15.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Look it's not like I do that all of the time, and yes the money caost is pretty high, but I don't mind. I don't always take 20 minute showers because where I live there is not alot of water, I do drive my truck that gets 19 mpg at best, and I don't always leave lights on but it doesn't matter to me if I do, and I do have all of them lights on my house. It is really just to say that global warming is fake and I will continue on with my ordinary life.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

You are the perfect example of the people I'm talking about in this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you think polluting more is a great way to get back at the man made global warming crowd then you are not arrogant you are ignorant.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

I don't hate anything actually it just ticks me off how people can be so stupid as to fall for global warming. Humans have nothing to do with it, nothing. It is just hollywood stupidity mixing with government lies to create something that will lead for a NWO.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

I want to make this clear. I am not polluting to get back at anyone or anything. I am just continuing with my ordinary life because there is nothing unordinary in the climate caused by humans. If I could do all of that without pollution that would be great because I have asthma, but I will not change my life for a sack of lies.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I don't hate anything actually it just ticks me off how people can be so stupid as to fall for global warming. Humans have nothing to do with it, nothing. It is just hollywood stupidity mixing with government lies to create something that will lead for a NWO.

You have just as much more that it is non-man-made as they do that it is man-made.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Global Warming and Conservation/Fighting Pollution are two separate issues to be blunt.

Unfortunately greedy leaders of the world have found a way to profit from those who actually CARE about what we are doing to the planet, by creating "MAN MADE GLOBAL WARMING" and it has come to encompass all the other GOOD things that people were/are trying to do, and that’s unfortunate.

At 15, you must hold down a pretty good job to be able to feed that truck gas, pay the water bill and the electric bill.

Prior to "global warming" we as people were on the right track to clean up and try to mend the damage we have done here on the planet.
To look at Sustainable alternatives instead of Burning down rain forests and Clear cutting Mountains.
What’s wrong w/ recycling and composting instead of filling in another Valley with a new "Dump Site?"
Conservation is not a bad thing. Don't confuse the two.
It angers me that "climate gate" has caused a Positive to be drug thru the mud and turned negative.

I myself, dislike looking out and NOT being able to see the mountains due to a smog haze hanging over the area.
I go for hikes and see discarded garbage in the hills.
Not being able to have a fire in the Fireplace to keep warm because it's a No Burn Day... Well let’s get the BIG offenders to clean up their acts.
Polluted water ways, killing the fish.
So here we sit again, Governments getting together and turning something good into a farce and way to make money.
(Taxing cows because they fart.. PLEASE... Soon, each person will have a yearly Burp and fart tax bill.)

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
If youre only 15,(as you state in the post above) should you be so liberal and wasteful with your parents hard earned cash? Just asking? You sound a little angry at the world for being only 15.

Do 15 yr old's even have trucks (con trucknutz) and bills?

Times change...

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

You're not arrogant. Just ignorant. Have a happy December-Holiday-Of-Your-Choosing

[edit on 23-12-2009 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Yes you are arrogant and selfish...
Are you aware of how bad our health has become after the industrial revolution?
Global warming isn't the only thing we need to pay attention to...
Man, you need to look in a wider perspective..

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
There is a middle ground between being obsessively green and just plain wasteful. You just chose the latter. Well done to you.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

and of course your right...and those scientists that have studied this topic for decades are wrong. the "scientific method" is wrong, all the thousands of scientific tests and peer-reviewed documents are wrong. if you think this is all hollywood stupidity, go live next to a coal-burning power plant with your family...by the way, you won't find any of the other global warming deniers living there...apparently being downwind from those plants causes disease and early death. but hey...it's hollywood stupidity right?... so go and enjoy that wonderful neighborhood. put up or shut up

[edit on 27-12-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Good for you
I agree with you. You should be what you want.
If you want to be the guy saving the planet then go for that, but only if you feel you need to do it. I hate people that act abnormal and try to look other than they are, pretend they are dennying ignorance, but remeber that you are taking the easy way out and you won't learn a whole lot.

Being good for real costs, it's an expencive hobby. It will make you feel
sorrow sometimes, got alot to lose and alot to learn from it, this is the cost and the prize is knowlege and wisdom for all your trouble.

One must want to be good, must feel for it, otherwise it's pointless doing it, you won't learn anything like this.

But hey I got to give you credit, at least you are not a fake

[edit on 27-12-2009 by pepsi78]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
If you think we all need to get a grip, it is you, that is losing your grip on reality.
You might want to have that checked.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I don't think you are arrogant or ignorant; just misguided by people that are ignorant and stupid; people that buy into the FOX conservative view of the world; that everything will be OK as long as we got our guns, NFL, cage fighting and cheap beer. Believing entertainers lik Rush and Sean is easy because they offer asinine solutions to complex problems.

If there is any arrogance to be displayed around here....let me do it!!

It's a brave new world; welcome to the monkey house.

[edit on 27-12-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Exactly.. do your best to damage the planet, pollute it, waste its resources, add to the overall problem, just be generally ignorant towards it.. AND BE PROUD ABOUT IT.. you are clearly above anything other than that. So what if global warming is a load of crap, thats obvious.. you still don't need to be an idiot about it.

Same crap I hear from Yanks all the time.. "If I can get away with it, i'll exploit it, I don't give a f**k about anyone or anything else.. even if all I have to do is trade in for a more efficient car next time im buying".

You people need to cop on, you're a disgrace to your country and your species.. Its a ridiculous frame of thought.. I hope everyone who thinks in that fashion learns their lesson when peak oil hits and end up completely broke.

[edit on 27/12/09 by Dermo]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
There are many people who disagree with the catastrophic AGW scenario's put forward, or at least the extent as to the effects. (including me)

But very few think that it is ok to keep polluting and using resources because you don't want to change. AGW alarmists and supporters will try and say that anyone who doesn't support their theories wants to pollute the world and kill us all. All you are doing is giving them reason to believe these ridiculous claims.

I know many people who disbelieve AGW theories, but that doesn't mean they want to keep polluting. That isn't arrogant, just stupid.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join