It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[RINGS] Busy Work - Unsolved

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Since there are no new clues lets revisit the two yet uncracked codes.

The ALT tag on the original ring image...

38973 23 00346 2134 087310 783247 728 81723 721873

And the code in the source of findtherings.com that disappeared.

JJDFI UD IDUNFADSUN UDNF IDNMD EUDNA IDNFAD IUDD ID. UDNF DND IDFAD UENFQJD JNDFS. UJDNFS E UNDFS IUEW NDUFDAIU DUNFS UIDFN FND. JNDFS UJND UYRWR UDNPODS YUNFN JDNFAD UNDFPAIUDN IEIE DJSDH UDSFN NDUFND IUDNASDF NUDN. UNDFSD NUDF. UNDFNU DUNFSDN ND MNDMKD.

I am at a loss on either of these codes.....

-Z Out

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I'm working the second one now....

been at it for a while, it's a right bastard to crack....

it appears to be some kind of random substitution cypher, but nothing's adding up....

i'll get it eventually...

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 04:09 AM
link   

JJDFI UD IDUNFADSUN UDNF IDNMD EUDNA IDNFAD IUDD ID. UDNF DND IDFAD UENFQJD JNDFS. UJDNFS E UNDFS IUEW NDUFDAIU DUNFS UIDFN FND. JNDFS UJND UYRWR UDNPODS YUNFN JDNFAD UNDFPAIUDN IEIE DJSDH UDSFN NDUFND IUDNASDF NUDN. UNDFSD NUDF. UNDFNU DUNFSDN ND MNDMKD.

I have given up finally on the automatic cyphers. I spent about 4 hours on just using English frequency statistics nd playing with the top 5 moving them around to see if anything makes sense. But, cannot figure out anything... My brain is fried on this one..... But, I will keep at it... The letter numbers are as follows...
52D--38N--29U--25F--14I--12S-9J-8A
6E--3M--2Y--2W--2P--2R--1H--1O--1Q--1K

Top 10 Letters in English Frequency %s
e.14%---t.9.8%---a.7.4%---o.7.3%---s.6.9%
n.6.7%---i.6.6%---r.6.1%---h.4.2%---d.3.62%

Maybe this mail is not English.....
I hope that this can help someone......

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by JCMinJapan]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JCMinJapan
I have given up finally on the automatic cyphers. I spent about 4 hours on just using English frequency statistics nd playing with the top 5 moving them around to see if anything makes sense. But, cannot figure out anything... My brain is fried on this one..... But, I will keep at it... The letter numbers are as follows...
52D--38N--29U--25F--14I--12S-9J-8A
6E--3M--2Y--2W--2P--2R--1H--1O--1Q--1K

Top 10 Letters in English Frequency %s
e.14%---t.9.8%---a.7.4%---o.7.3%---s.6.9%
n.6.7%---i.6.6%---r.6.1%---h.4.2%---d.3.62%

Maybe this mail is not English.....
I hope that this can help someone......

now that you're done banging your head against the wall, you're starting to see other options...

you're thinking like i'm thinking...i have considered the possiblity that this message isn't english....by the laws of probability, one of us should have figured it out by now...so it's either NOT random letter substitution, which would mean it's some weird-ass cypher we've not tried yet...OR it's not english, and no translator we use is going to figure it out....

i doubt the author of this message would want to make it THAT difficult for us, but anything is possible..

i, too will continue...feel to colaborate with me if you'd like...

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by Daedalus]

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Maybe it's German, like the clue from 04/16/2004. Other possibilities that I haven't checked yet are column ciphers. I'll see what I can do.

top topics

join