It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conversations with myself.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Every once in a while i'll sit down with myself and have a conversation, I don't know how else to describe it to you so I will just show you instead:

*Note* I am making no claims of any sort except that I talk to myself, take that how you will. I don't give any validity to what I say, just that I say it. Thankyou.

Don't fool yourself, it's always been this way. It's just waiting for you to change it.

Can you hear me?

Greetings.

How are you?

I am well, of course.

None of that was important.
(In response to closing out all of my internet tabs on just random things I was occupying my time with, FB, ATS, Ect.. )

Thank you..

Be still and listen.

You will hear,

Everyone can hear. Nobody listens. Too busy all the time.

No-one can find time, It's hard to be quiet yes? So used to filling space with your words or your mind with your thoughts, it becomes habitual and you never cease. Drowned out like a whisper in a crowd your mind speaks. Be still and you fill find it, You're just talking to yourself is what you might think, and this is true, but what lie within your inner mind you know not. When you hear it speak you hear the power in the meek voice, reason, wisdom. Be careful to note what you hear and what you speak, often you will hear it but then drown it back out with your own mind abuzz with the new information from a seemingly outside source. It tells our bodies what muscles to use to walk, it commands our lungs to fill with air and for our heart to beat. But these are only basic tasks, in opposition to what we have found it to be capable of. We can program it for our own use, one form of it would be considered forming habits, repetition of something until it becomes 'natural', ingrained in our everyday. 90% of the habit's most people have they are unaware of, anything they do is actually a command in the form of thought to you, and your body to act upon, delivered by the subconscious mind. Consistent spelling errors are just one example, where an individual spells a word incorrectly each time they go to spell it. With spell check it is all too easy now to just fix your mistake and continue on your typing path, but if each time one were to come across their mistake and consciously fix and retype it, after a while it would just 'click' And you would catch yourself one last time making that mistake and then laughing at yourself because you knew better and fixed it, and every time following you correctly typed the word without even notice, think about the last time you had to think out each letter of a word you wanted to type of how each progressive syllable sounded when you wanted to speak.

(Cont...)

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
(Part II) (Cont...)

These are all habits formed over years. The voice does not speak to you in the way your own mind speaks within itself. You use words and language whilst the inner mind speaks through thought, feeling, and mental images, Your mind can take these thoughts and transform them into something meaningful to you, Like intuition. Have you ever though something Spontaneously, just because 'you had a feeling about it'? Or ever heard a friend discussing when they have? When they say 'Oh I'm so glad I decided to take the back roads today, I don't know why I did because it's unusual for me but it worked out for the best because the highway had a traffic jam for miles! I still wouldn't be home.” The voice can lead you through life if you choose to listen. It knows you in your entirety, every thing about you. It's the only thing to have personally been with you from birth to death and it is always with you. It hears your every though, it knows your every wish and desire and fear and love and more so, it remembers the actions of others and can know the intentions behind them, It takes everything and puts it together like a super-puzzle. It is aware of even every little subtle thing we do not take note of. It processes the information of everything in high definition full detail from each sense, touch, taste, smell, sight, and sound.. and gives you what your focus is on at that moment. It can show us things we did not see in the moment. Specifics or how it intertwines with current events.

Speaking to the universe, God, Whatever.

Just because you do not see a whole, a complete; does not mean that one is not there, Absence is only a perspective. Your sight is limited. Do you see the atoms of your skin, your body, the world around you? No because they collectively create all that you know, Do you think from a perspective looking to our galaxy as a whole, do you think that you could see our sun and single it out amongst the trillions? Our star combined with the others creates the image of the galaxy you see.

We think of ourselves as orphans on this planet, shouting “Where is our guidance? Where is this god and why can't I talk to him? I want to speak with god now!” If only you would stop shouting and listen. The voice of god whispers in your ear, did you think his voice would be booming and from the heavens for all to hear? He speaks for only those who care to listen, hinting paths to take rather than commanding to follow. To follow or not is your choice, It is you inner voice that leads to salvation, not from sin or from being without god, But from ourselves. We know that voice speaks up deep down inside when you're tossing a can on the side of the road; that say's “That's not right” But you do it anyways because 'It's just a can and it doesn't really matter the Ecosystem is trash anyways it's not gonna pop the ozone'. This voice will lead you from a path of self destruction through ignorance, to places you would never dream possible. We are apart of god mentally as our cells are individual beings apart from one-another seemingly but physically creating a whole. 'The body' So is our unconscious the mind of god.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Imaginations can run wild.

'Be quite while the grown-ups talk' Listen to your own advice once in a while. So is your mind like a child that talks away but once is still can hear the wisdom of the parent, and engage with the parent as an intellectual. Think of children and how they listen to their unconscious, where else does that wild imagination stem? Where fantasy is limited only by one's willingness to work with it. Remember driving the car from the back seat and mom or dad had a steering wheel to pretend like they were really driving? Or your bicycle was a race car or a jet fighter or whatever! You played with toys and in your eyes gave them life. So too is that life being given to you.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Again I say take it as is, I'll discuss it more when people begin to post.

Lengthy read and if you followed it all

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mrcruzack

I literally was taken aback when I saw your post, Soooooooo unexpected.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I hope mrcruzack gets a permanent ban for that instead of a warning. That was reallyyyyy bad.

Sorry OP that happened on your thread.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
you lost me...what is this exactly? i mean i know you said it was a convo with yourself...are you just posting your thoughts? i began to read but got lost.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I read the post and must admit, I got lost, too. Maybe the OP can explain him/herself a little better.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Cloak
you lost me...what is this exactly? i mean i know you said it was a convo with yourself...are you just posting your thoughts? i began to read but got lost.

Kind of..

This new AboveTopSecret.com forum is for the discussion of a wide range of non-religous topics: Consciousness, Mind, Epistemology, Psychology, Philosophy, Metaphysics, Self-Empowerment, Knowledge and also fringe subjects such as Mind-Control and Psychotronic Manipulation. All in all this will be an \"intellectual & philosophical cafe\" with a focus on everything from mental relaxing and non-religious personal balance, to conspiracies and speculation related to influencing the mind.

What you're reading is exactly that, me just writing what comes to my mind, it's just random assorted thoughts and wanted some feedback on things regarding: What I wrote, The concept of self-writing like this, other personal experiences, Whatever discussion that could be generated as a result of it is welcome

The small short things are just like, titles that flash by in my mind pertaining to my thought process at the time, much like "Star Wars" Is the title assigned to the adventures of individuals though a space-set storyline. The bulk of the text is when I can finally still my mind enough to talk to myself and actually listen. Like.. Everything else is just noise (thought-wise)

[edit on 22-12-2009 by RjKon]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I have less conversations with myself and more of listening sessions. Its like someone wiser and more sober is telling me to pay attention or snap out of whatever trance I'm in. Fortunately for me the "voice" is far better at judgement than I am. My only problem is that I don't always listen.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMA_1
I have less conversations with myself and more of listening sessions. Its like someone wiser and more sober is telling me to pay attention or snap out of whatever trance I'm in. Fortunately for me the "voice" is far better at judgement than I am. My only problem is that I don't always listen.

Well, pretty much but you do provide some feedback to it. You're forced too without even choosing it sometimes, the mind thinks a response and it is answered before you even have time to think what to say

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by RjKon

cool!
you are brave and generous to share this with us

i have a question:

when *you* answer *you,* what is the response/reaction time?

• immediately after the question is completely framed?
  • a moment or two after, such as it is between a *you* and a *me*?
  • or perhaps you are answering you before you even get done asking the question? - (like before the last one or two words get fully articulated in your thoughts or out loud)?

if you know what i mean?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Originally posted by RjKon

cool!
you are brave and generous to share this with us

i have a question:

when *you* answer *you,* what is the response/reaction time?

• immediately after the question is completely framed?
  • a moment or two after, such as it is between a *you* and a *me*?
  • or perhaps you are answering you before you even get done asking the question? - (like before the last one or two words get fully articulated in your thoughts or out loud)?

if you know what i mean?

Well actually you got it spot on and it involves all three, it all depends.. sometimes it's spontaneous answers to questions I haven't asked yet. Waiting around to listen to a reply and immediately afterwords, It all depends on the nature of the conversation. As if yourself and I were discussing a topic in person there would be immediate responses and there would be pauses to process what was said and try to answer with a well thought out response.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
OP, I get you. I also do that also. Although it is more common for me to daydream. And I gesticulate a lot when daydreaming... it always embarassing when the elevator doors open.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I'm always talking to myself (in my head,not aloud) I think everyone does don't they? like an inner wiser you sometimes

henriquefd

Me too, I daydream a lot, I have a hell of an imagination

[edit on 22-12-2009 by valiant]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
well done, I understand completly, I've been doing this too for a few weeks now, and can remember doing it before a few years ago, but forgot how for a while. Havent documented anything yet though.

I find that alot of the time my questions are answered before i can form them in my head.
What people who dont understand this should realise that it is a completely different experience than just thinking or daydreaming, although some of the answers we get are things we know intuitivly(?), other times they can be quite profound and stuff that we wouldnt normally consider or think about.

To OP, dont forget that its ok for you to question the things that the 'other voice' says, most of the time you will find that they ring true to you but you should still form you're own opinions!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by HanoverFat
well done, I understand completly, I've been doing this too for a few weeks now, and can remember doing it before a few years ago, but forgot how for a while. Havent documented anything yet though.

I find that alot of the time my questions are answered before i can form them in my head.
What people who dont understand this should realise that it is a completely different experience than just thinking or daydreaming, although some of the answers we get are things we know intuitivly(?), other times they can be quite profound and stuff that we wouldnt normally consider or think about.

To OP, dont forget that its ok for you to question the things that the 'other voice' says, most of the time you will find that they ring true to you but you should still form you're own opinions!

Oh of course and often times it's actually much harder to start than you would think.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I personally loved it....love it. I think you must never get bored.

When you are alone, you are in good company.

You can share more, if you like.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
I personally loved it....love it. I think you must never get bored.

When you are alone, you are in good company.

You can share more, if you like.

Glad to hear you enjoyed! I'll see what else I can dig up, either from older writings or something new, I'm leaning more towards the latter

new topics

top topics

join