It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trash Can Earth Sure Does Stink!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I'm sick of all the "debates" about why global warming is real or faked or natural. In my mind it's most likely all of the above. And today here in mid Pennsylvania I'm getting a little tired of shoveling all this global warming. LOL

But ya know, One thing for sure is this, We are trashing our "Only Home" and what ever reason we use to start taking care of the place is a good reason to me. We are polluting our oceans with trash, chemicals, And only God knows what else. So many industries just dump there (our ) wastes into the deep ocean. Why, because its cheaper and in many cases nobody knows.

We are striping our forests at an unbelievable rate, Why ? so I can get a receipt for the candy bar i just bought. we waste so much paper and paper= trees. You know what, I don't need the receipt and the candy bar could also be presented differently. Have you ever been to the county dump?, the smell is very bad and what I observed was way to much waste the did not need to be if we were to take a better look at how we do things. After all, we need to start to take care the trash problem or in 50 years we will all be living next to the dump. And yes, recycling helps but it's not the whole answer. And many places in the USA don't recycle as of yet.

I know I'm going to get slammed for saying this but, do you guys think that just maybe we have to many people here on earth right now and that is part of the problem. We are making more and more room for people and losing more and more forest land and also using up more trees as building products. Just how long can this go on?. Maybe we need to think of a better way? A way that's is much better for the planet in the longer run.

Our air and water is getting bad. Many wells in the USA the water is no longer drinkable. And yes, if Yellowstone blows (and it will ) we would be in big trouble but but that is no reason to not do our part I think. I do think that it all starts with one person then ten then one hundred and so on saying I don't need a receipt and please don't print one. And then some developer saying no, don't cut down the trees I want to build something new that works with nature and I want to use natural materials to build it. Ya know, have a dream or vision.

Hay, I have an idea for some new bumper stickers made out of something other then paper. ( build it and they will come LOL )
1. I will ask you if I need a receipt.
2. My house is made out of 2 billion year old stones.
3. UFOs are real, your Government is a lie. LOL
4. Greed is powerful and deadly, kill it.
5. Dec 21 2012 is world plant a tree day.

Look guys, my feeling are not facts but they are my feelings. Please be kind I'm still new here. LOL

[edit on 21-12-2009 by intothelight]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The birth rate of North America is less the 2 children per female. The only reason our population is increasing is because of immigration. Not really sure what to do about that.
Developing nations are makinga ckilling off of their own natural resources. The thing is, will they slow the rate of deforestation when corporations are offering vast amounts for their resources? Will newer technologies be developed that dispose of toxic wastes and other harmful products without damaging the environment?
Those, imo, are much more important issues than co2.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
This is such an important topic, and you have so many good thoughts about it. I completely agree. American waste is appalling.

Where can I get one of those "if I need a receipt I'll ask for it" stickers? lol.

That's a fantastic idea.

I think you are off to an excellent start here intothelight. S&F!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Why thank you there ladyinwaiting. That was a nice thing to say

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by intothelight
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Why thank you there ladyinwaiting. That was a nice thing to say

And yes, bumper sticker ideas are very welcome

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I don't know what part of the planet you are living in but when I fly from Michigan to California every quarter there is still plenty of undeveloped land and trees in between.

As far as earth being a garbage can, maybe you can clean up your mess because I really don't see a lot of garbage where I live. We keep our area fairly clean.

Grab a broom instead of being a keyboard comando telling the rest of us to clean up the earth...

Yet another Environmental know it all telling us all what to do while sitting behind a computer that is sucking up the very energy he/she/shim is telling us to conserve...
There is a reason that word ends in mental and I think most in this group are off their meds...

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The OP is right .

Pollution from un-recycled garbage will destroy the environment,

In 100 years time , if un-checked the problem will be catastrophic.

Fools with their heads -in -the - sand , usually have a vested interest in

denying the truth . Their businesses make money by polluting , but they

try and tell everyone , "Oh , you're mental "?????!!!!!!

NOT good enough , Mr. corporate TOAD !

Have a look at Prince William Sound [Exxon Valdez]!

The pollution is still right where they left it ,

CORPORATETOADS !!!!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
"To waste, to destroy, our natural resources, to skin and exhaust the land instead of using it so as to increase its usefulness, will result in undermining in the days of our children the very prosperity which we ought by right to hand down to them amplified and developed."
(Theodore Roosevelt, 1858-1919, from his Message to Congress, 3 December 1907)

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by northof8
I don't know what part of the planet you are living in but when I fly from Michigan to California every quarter there is still plenty of undeveloped land and trees in between.

Answer- Lots of trees where I live also but if you were to look at the bigger picture ( like the planet as a whole ) you would see the damage is obvious. Look at the Amazon and tell me why you think that the LOSS of it is not important????? As a mater of fact, Tell me what you know about the Amazon and what it does for our planet? What does one tree do for us? what does a tree take in for energy and what does it give us in return?

As far as earth being a garbage can, maybe you can clean up your mess because I really don't see a lot of garbage where I live. We keep our area fairly clean.

Answer- Maybe your trash is shipped to New Jersey LOL, So, what you are saying is you have the cleanest room on the Titanic? As far as you not seeing the trash in you area, did you ever go out and look for it?. You are missing the point of my post dude. We need better ways of doing things and THAT is a fact.

Grab a broom instead of being a keyboard comando telling the rest of us to clean up the earth...

Answer- what is a comando? LOL I posted an observation of the things we need to start to think about, you posted an insult full of " my house is clean so what's the problem " mentality. And yes, I am saying we better start cleaning up the earth, what's a matter, don't you like the place?

Yet another Environmental know it all telling us all what to do while sitting behind a computer that is sucking up the very energy he/she/shim is telling us to conserve...
There is a reason that word ends in mental and I think most in this group are off their meds...

Answer- what is a shim? and at this point I have not taken my meds dude so I think I will just DENY IGNORANCE But thank you for your thoughts :-)

[edit on 22-12-2009 by intothelight]

top topics

join