It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eurotunnel Problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Euro Star the train company that runs trains through the Eurotunnel have had to cancel services because they have had 5 trains come to a halt for reasons not clearly understood.

The latest thing they are saying is that snow is getting into the electics so they have fitted 'snow shields'

I was just wondering why snow would affect a train in a tunnel.

I believe that the trains have stopped whilst in the tunnel which is about 20 miles long.

I don't think you get snow in a tunnel

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Mainly there coming from France and by the time the snow on the train melts, its causing a short circut causing the train to pack up. Its probably a simple problem but affecting the trains really badly. I wouldnt like to be stuck in a tunnel for that long freezing.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
So the Euro Tunnel is stuck - and then British Airways go on strike leaving thousands stranded. Major transport is at a halt in the Uk....Coincidence?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Sarahko

Theres usually a strike every Christmas, because its the most effective time of the year for the staff to get thier point across. Due to it being the money making time of the year.
But also the roads are a bit chaotic here in the UK due to snow and Ice. Britan cant cope with this weather despite how ready we try to get.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I still don't get it. The trains must be water proof because it rains all the time, so they get wet regularly, without any problems.

This problem is said to be caused by snow, but it doesnt snow in a tunnel.

If we are saying its when the snow melts, well its just water. like rain at that point.

Odd

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Train, airplane, car traffic, everything has been slowed down in France due to bad weather and unusual low temperatures close to -20°C in some areas. It's not only the Eurostar and those high-speed trains are not built and tested for such conditions. I am not really worried about it myself. What is more intriguing is this huge cold wave that lasted a couple of days. Almost record-breaking temperatures.

new topics

top topics

join