It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holocaust Conclusions and claims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I was just reading an article about a stolen sign from Auschwitz. I started to wonder how people could deny the Holocaust. Is there a conclusion they have come to that everyone else is missing, or are they just bonkers?

To me, it's obvious the government has only ill intentions and the position of Presidency is hand picked by a central, powerful group (not us). But to other people, I sound out of my mind.

Objectively - can anyone think of a logical reason why this claim would be made? I have been unsuccessful in doing so, but my knowledge is limited in this subject.

(I just tried to submit and it looks like there is a thread about a teacher denying the holocaust, but I feel this specific question warrants a new thread)

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by fbnks
I was just reading an article about a stolen sign from Auschwitz. I started to wonder how people could deny the Holocaust. Is there a conclusion they have come to that everyone else is missing, or are they just bonkers?

en.wikipedia.org... has some information

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by fbnks

To all people who deny that the holocaust happened - you are totally nuts.

The holocaust killed and tortured millions of people.

I wish that people who lost family through the holocaust would confront these ignorant people who don't believe it happened.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I am in no way a holocaust denier but i think the numbers were exaggerated to some degree

2nd line

[edit on 21-12-2009 by Shake]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TaraLou
reply to post by fbnks

No nuttier than those who are denying the systematic holocaust in Palestine!

IRM

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I did a quick google search. One of thr main examples of exaggeration seems to be gas chambers.

I guess a man named Fred Leuchter did forensic testing on gas chamber walls, and founx no major traces of cyanide. He also states the doors and windows would have caused leaks that would kill everyone in the building.

I wanted to find motive and the only one I can find so far is to pump money into Israel.

I have found some interesting points on exaggeration, but nothing on total denial of the Holocaust.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
One of the theories I've heard Holocaust deniers espousing was that it was all a ploy to gain international sympathy so that the world would agree to the establishment of a Jewish state in Palestine. But you would think after seeing the footage of Allied soldiers liberating the concentration camps, they might reconsider the whole "Holocaust-never-happened" idea.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by fbnks
I guess a man named Fred Leuchter did forensic testing on gas chamber walls, and founx no major traces of cyanide. He also states the doors and windows would have caused leaks that would kill everyone in the building.

I suggest you do some more reading on Leuchter

en.wikipedia.org...

especially the section Zündel trial and investigation at Auschwitz

"Roth states that cyanide would have formed an extremely fine layer on the walls, to the depth of one-tenth of a human hair. Leuchter had taken samples of indeterminate thickness (he is seen in Morris' film hammering at the bricks with a rock hammer).[2] Not informed of this, Roth had pulverized the entire samples, thus severely diluting the cyanide-containing layer of each sample with an indeterminate amount of brick, varying for each sample. Roth offers the analogy that the tests were like "analyzing paint on a wall by analyzing the timber that's behind it"

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthChrisious

you would think after seeing the footage of Allied soldiers liberating the concentration camps, they might reconsider the whole "Holocaust-never-happened" idea.

I've never seen such footage. I've only seen pictures. However, those pictures tend to depict one of two types of people. People who are very much alive, and were therefore neither gassed nor cremated, and people who are severely emaciated.

The emaciated ones are sometimes living, and sometimes dead. However...the fact that they're so starved suggests that they were kept alive for a great deal of time. Not gassed. And obviously not cremated.

The US had racially motivated internment camps too.

I wasn't there...and I don't know what happened. However, I ask myself, if the united states had been losing the war...if supplies were running low...if we had been on the verge of defeat, barely able to supply our own troops with food let alone our prisoners...what would have happened to the Japanese prisoners in American internment camps? Would it have been so very different?

I'm content to leave that question unanswered.

But I think it's a reasonable question to ask.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by LordBucket]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Great points. Also- the pictures of emaciated people are shocking testimony to the evils of man but these are in the final days of an empire's collapse. Germany's infrastructure had broken down.
--------------------------------------------

I've looked at some revisionist information and they seem to have many claims. I wish accurate statistics were more available but many historians suggest different estimates.

Also, information and documentation of events could have been better but the majority of camps were on the Eastern side of the iron curtain- so they claim.

I'm an American and fully support freedom of speech for everyone but it seems that in Europe, holocaust is almost totally taboo and potentially criminal. I don't agree with that and think these revisionists need to be able to express themselves in a free society.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by TaraLou
reply to post by fbnks

No nuttier than those who are denying the systematic holocaust in Palestine!

Check the stats not the sites. Palestinian population increased significantly in the past 5 decades. Economic standard of living higher than that of 90% of the people in the Middle East State of health and life expectancy significantly higher.

Real not imagined genocide Sudan Muslim government systematically exterminating half a million mostly black Christians because they are on potential oil exploitation land.

The corrupt beyond repair United Nations pretends it isn't happening.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
People deny the holocaust because it's politically inconveniant for them.

Just ask Turkey and Israel about those Armenians sometime.

new topics

top topics

join