It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where should I live in Texas?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I currently live in Jacksonville, Florida and am wanting to move to Texas. I have my eyes set on Abilene, Wichita Falls, and Waco. I live in summers with 80% humidity a dew point around 70 and highs between 91 - 97 all summer. I do not like the heat but I also don't hate it, as long as there is some kind of wind I am fine with the heat. I like some snow atleast twice a year even if it's less than 1". I have graduated from entrepeneur school for small business and am looking to get a job and eventually my own small business in Texas. I like smaller towns as long as there is atleast 50,000 people I can live there, no larger than 200,000 either. Summer I can tolerate highs up to 100 and winters I can tolerate temperatures as low as 0. I am not so worried about the weather though. I like Texas because it is quite conservative and relaxed, alot of small businesses and not many taxes. I don't have kids and am not planning on that for another 3 years or so. Just any input you can I will appreciate it.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I am in the Houston area so anything I can say may not be to useful. The summers here are brutal. Not to mention the occasional hurricane. The towns you mentioned I don't know anything about. I am in a suberbe, 20000 people or so, and there are some smaller towns a little farther out that I have been to. But If you want to know anything else about this area I will pass on what ever I can.

join