It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop circles- #1 of 5 Myths That People Don't Realize Are Admitted Hoaxes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
You know, everyone keeps saying "I'm sure if you did some research, you'd realize they're not all man-made."

Where is that research? Could someone point it out, please? Could be that I'm not as good of an armchair circle-ologist as many others here, but every single design I've ever seen is something that humans could make, and other than offhand comments about radiation, genetic alteration, and anecdotal stories (which I've never seen backed up with any actual research either) there is nothing that would be considered extra-human.

So, instead of presenting your examples of intricate circles, how about presenting some research that's been done?

And, while you're at it, why not go ahead and throw down some research that points these "non-human" circles to extra-terrestrial origin. Because right now, I see nothing at all that connects any crop circles (including all those that people have put forth as "research") to extra-terrestrials.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Didn't read the whole thread, just the OP.

I'm just chiming in to say that Doug and Dave are a joke, and were part of a massive dis-info campaign. Not sure if most people realize it, but "Doug and Dave" took credit for a number of circles they didn't (couldn't possibly) have made, and were even caught red-handed lying about it more than once. They made the news only after selling their story to a British tabloid for an undisclosed sum of money. Doug and Dave were nothing but a couple of amateur circle makers who only made a number of very poor imitations. In order to toot their own horns and feel special, they decided to take credit for EVERY CIRCLE in the whole country, and though they initially got a bit of fame, their story eventually unraveled, and they were denounced in the European press.

Unfortunatley, North American news picked up the ORIGINAL story (Their claim to have made all the circles) but didn't bother to pick up the FOLLOWUP of the story that came months later (That they'd actually lied, just to make money). The result is that most Brits and Europeans know "Doug and Dave" are a joke, while most north Americans still think "They did it all".

Jim Marrs covers the "Saga of Doug and Dave" quite well in his book "Alien Agenda". I highly recommend it.

None of the Circlemakers, hoaxers, or documentaries have EVER been able to reproduce the node swelling, elongation, stalk braiding, and other odd effects found in genuine circles. An experienced Ceraeologist can tell the difference between a real circle and a man-made circle in just a few minutes by examining the bent stems for these signs.

Anyone who thinks the crop-circle phenomenon is "case closed" has been duped by yet another "Story's over, nothing to see here!" disinformation campaign. The story is NOT over, and won't be so long as the genuine phenomenon keeps appearing.

Personally, I don't think ANY crop-circles are made by "Aliens", but I also don't think they are ALL made by man. There are a whole host of other possibilities, natural in nature, which few people have ever bothered to consider, but which are readily available in most of the literature.

Why does it always have to be 100% Hoax, or 100% Alien? There are MANY other possibilities out there!

Do some REAL research. And deny ignorance! I've heard enough about "Doug and Dave", and I wish people would stop bringing them and their obvious "hoax" on to this forum.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RedBird

Redbird & Tetsuo, while I've been guilty of this myself, it is important to read the entire thread instead of reading just the OP. I have seen burst and elongated nodes in nature, specifically in wet/damp stalks bent by deer over night. Seems it does happen naturally. As for crystalization, could this be due to sugars trapped in the wet cells of the bent/broken stalks interacting with the warmth of the morning sun? I dunno, but this evidence seems pretty weak in support of alternative theories to me. You should page back and read my post, though. There is far better evidence to support the non-man-made theory.

As for Doug and Dave?... what a joke. I guess gullible people, (including some biased skeptics) will believe anything that reinforces their bias, including spurious claims with poor quality 'proof'.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by Flux8]

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join