It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop circles- #1 of 5 Myths That People Don't Realize Are Admitted Hoaxes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I ran across this article and thought I'd share it. I didn't see the article in a search so I did look for it and apologize if it's already been posted.

5 Myths That People Don't Realize Are Admitted Hoaxes

Link

#1: Crop Circles
#2. The Fox Sisters
#3. The Priory of Sion
#4. The Mummy's Curse
#5. The Surgeon's Photograph of the Loch Ness Monster

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ad6a331c75a9.jpg[/atsimg]

Crop Circles:

We're sure the ufology community's faces were red when, in 1991, pranksters Doug Bower and Dave Chorley from Southampton, England confessed to creating the original circles. They even demonstrated to journalists how they produced the perfect shapes by flattening them in the crops using planks and ropes, and crude surveying techniques.
So Why Do They Still Believe?

As with the Fox Sisters and spiritualism, it goes beyond simply wanting to believe in invisible, transcendental beings. It's believing in such beings who also are 1) wise communicators who care enough about us to want to reach out and 2) are not particularly dangerous or even effective at what they do.

These aliens aren't blowing up the White House or shoving probes into Randy Quaid's ass. They're sneaking into our fields at night and quietly stamping down our wheat. The little guys are almost shy. Almost... afraid of us.

And really, isn't that what we're secretly hoping the universe turns out to be? A place full of intelligent aliens who care about us, but who immediately recognize that we can destroy them at any moment?

I think we are probably not alone in the universe, but crop circles are not the sign that tells me there's other intelligent life out there.

Why do some people believe that? Well isn't it nice to think that aliens are watching over us and will keep us from destroying ourselves and clean up our mess? I'd like to believe that too but logic prevents me from doing so, especially since I've seen videos of crop circles being made.

Know how to tell a manmade crop circle from a "real" crop circle? Read the guide for making crop circles at circlemakers.org and they will explain how to make sure it's "genuine" instead of manmade:

www.circlemakers.org...

The tools you will need are relatively unsophisticated; a 30 metre surveyors tape - this is preferable to string which tends to tangle easily... a 1-2 metre board or plank with a rope attached to each end to form a loop - this is known as a stalk-stomper... dowsing rods - these should be made of copper, and purchased from an expensive new age shop, or, in an emergency, a couple of bent coat-hangers will do... and a plastic garden roller (available from reputable garden centres, or, if only for occasional use, these may be rented from tool-hire shops for about £2 a night). A luminous watch is also useful as a summer night can be surprisingly brief.

Genuineness
A formation will be deemed genuine if:

1. you are not caught making it.

2. the pattern represents a shape which leading cerealogists could regard as of symbolic importance, and, therefore, useful on the proselyting lecture circuit, e.g. mandalas, Atlantean script, etc.

Any particular formation might develop its own individual folklore if:

1. it is made in a field which cerealogists later claim to have been watching.

2. light phenomena is associated with it.

3. audio phenomena is associated with it, especially in conjunction with 'd'.

4. mysterious substances are found in it - particularly if these substances are subjected to scientific analysis and found to be, 'not of this earth'.

5. a publicised prediction is circulated beforehand (this practice, however, may result in the pattern being repeated in a neighbouring, or the same, field). n.b. if you do correctly predict a formation, or rash of formations, it is important, like all good mystics, to exude the public manner of an enigmatic... this may bring offers of fee-earning consultation, or invitations to lecture, etc.

6. see '2' above.

REMEMBER - The discovery of a formation within a 10 mile radius of any local Centre for Crop Circle Studies (CCCS) group will also ensure genuineness.
The September issue of the Journal for Scientific Exploration included the CCCS's latest method of determining 'hoaxed' from 'genuine' circles: "Take two cereal heads from the centre of the formation and another two well outside (100 metres) within the same field. Lay them on the bonnet of your car and think 'AURA' and dowse them. If there is a difference between the two heads, we are dealing with a genuine formation. (Chairman Michael Green, CCCS Procedures for the 1995 Season - as reported by Dr W C Levengood). All of these methods of detection, and myriad others too ridiculous to mention, provide us with evidence of something or another.

The other 4 myths are off topic in the aliens and UFO section so I won't elaborate on those but you can read about those in the link. At one point I thought there might be something to the the mummy's curse and the surgeon's photo of the Loch Ness monster but now I know better. But I guess some people still believe the other hoaxes too. What can we do to convince them of the truth?

This thread is an attempt to make some small effort in that direction.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
id say that people believe that crop circles aren't made just because they are to massive and perfect. Then there's always the possibility that only some of them are man made its like you cant prove they all are fake so some of them must be real. If aliens are out there they need to quit screwing with us and just say hey haha

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
So every single crop circle ever made in human history.... in just about every single corner of the Earth is man made? and not only that.. 99.9% of them are never caught doing it.... and never come forward to claim it was them

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

No doubt many are man made... but what a completely stupid assumption by the debunkers to say they are all. Simple mathematics and probability tells you that is virtually impossible.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Total Package]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I don't know if all are man made or made by other means such as magnetic pulses or something else I don't understand.
I just wish that the particular article about the CC in Anartica, had not gotten away from me, I can't for the life of me find it anywhere.

It was in the middle of nowhere, no tire tracks, or foot prints.
It was rather simple, but the evidence against it being man made was almost null.

ETA time frame of this incident was 1990 give or take a few years, incase someone is inclined to look also....

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Doc Holiday]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

No doubt many are man made... but what a completely stupid assumption by the debunkers to say they are all. Simple mathematics and probability tells you that is virtually impossible.

Why is it impossible? You think it's MORE probable than aliens who also are not caught, made these? Why would you say it's virtually impossible?

This isn't rocket science, as some people seem to think. There are been videos and even television shows about some more elaborate circles, that people assumed were "genuine," that turned out to be man-made after all.

Going out at 2 a.m., in the middle of flipping nowhere, using irrigation ditches as places to walk without leaving a trace, it's not difficult to not be spotted or caught. The tools and methods are simple, and they can knock out huge patterns in short periods of time. IT'S BEEN VIDEOED REPEATEDLY. It's not even slightly impossible to think they couldn't do them all.

I think it's more funny that you feel it's MORE likely that some mysterious force or aliens made some of these, than humans.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Total Package
So every single crop circle ever made in human history.... in just about every single corner of the Earth is man made?

If you knew anything about crop circles, you would be aware that the list of countries that experience crop circles is unusually focused. Please, do yourself a favor and look this information up.

Simple mathematics and probability tells you that is virtually impossible.

180 degrees wrong. The reverse is true.....mathematics and probabilities tell us it is virtually a lock.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by MrPenny]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I know what they are, They are called "The Art of Memory" Crop circles are real, It's a method of communication at the most advanced stages for us, on the most advanced versions. While the less impressive versions are just hoaxes. But now the question arises since you know what they are made out of "Memory" who is giving you that memory! And why aren't you getting the full message of the decryption that was sent, I know the answer to that one as well. I have much to share to those with a willing ear.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I always end up with a question going round in circles in my head regarding crop circles and it is this......

If an alien race could reach us, be here with us without us formally knowing......and more importantly be as advanced as they no doubt are.

Why on earth would they rely on shapes in corn and wheat fields to get a message to us???

Ilogical.

Respects

[edit on 20-12-2009 by captiva]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by robowarrior
id say that people believe that crop circles aren't made just because they are to massive and perfect. Then there's always the possibility that only some of them are man made its like you cant prove they all are fake so some of them must be real. If aliens are out there they need to quit screwing with us and just say hey haha
You're right we can't prove they are all manmade.

But the result of that is NOT that some must be real. They could still all be manmade and probably are, except for a few with rough edges formed by wind.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
Why on earth would they rely on shapes in corn and wheat fields to get a message to us???

Good point.

On the other hand, I do enjoy looking at crop circles, they are really works of art. So why do any artists create? It's a form of self-expression, right? I think that origin makes more sense than a cryptic message from Zeta Reticuli.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Total Package
So every single crop circle ever made in human history.... in just about every single corner of the Earth is man made? and not only that.. 99.9% of them are never caught doing it.... and never come forward to claim it was them

Actually I don't think they are all manmade.

I've seen some very rare types that have rough edges, instead of the crisp clean edges formed by the board on a rope method. I suspect the cause of the simple circles with rough edges which look like they could be wind damage is probably wind, something like dust devils or small tornado touchdown points.

Of course some circlemakers don't want to take credit, especially if they caused lots of crop damage, they will get in a lot of trouble and have to pay for the crop damage. But it's a form of artistic expression.

And I think the circlemakers get more joy out of hearing other people speculate about what their mysterious creations mean, than they would from taking simple credit for making the circle. From this perspective I actually think they have reason to NOT take credit.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Anyone who still believes that crop circles are made by drunken lads after an evening at the pub has not done enough research. It is clear to me now that there certainly is a lot more to the crop circle phenomenon than what people have been led to believe.

Check out what long-time circlemaker Matthew Williams has to say about his experiences. This is interesting because the info. is coming from an actual human circlemaker (and not a researcher who desperately wants crop circles to be "real").

And...

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
If you want to ridicule something, at least take the time actually do a little research, lest you are the one being ridiculed in the end. Is the large majority man-made? Yes. Are all of them? No.

There are some studied phenomena associated with crop circles that make it impossible for all of them to be hoaxes, namely genetic alterations of the plants inside of it, and evident signs of microwave radiation exposure.

Silly threads...

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

someone of them are manmade most of them are from alien. How the hell can you explain that picture to me?

[edit on 20-12-2009 by sam_inc]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Crop circle documentary

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
You cant really be serious OP, when you think that one of the oldest depictions of a Crop Circle comes from the 1600's, see what you have is a few people who think it was great to take responsibility for something grabbing attention from all quarters, and decided they would like to be on the bandwagon.

Now it is known for certain that some of them are Man made, but it is very few, and none of the intricate designs, it was fun for them until they realized they could end up paying Millions in compensation for damage, they kinda tried to duck out of it then.

The Fox Sisters, the debate can go on forever over whether they where genuine or not, I wouldn't really call them a Myth because they did exist, reportedly the founders of the Modern Spiritualist Movement, there will always be doubters, and believers, but seeing that they seem to have really existed, that cant be called a Myth.

The Priory of Sion, I cant really comment on the Priory, if indeed they where supposed to be the most secret of all secret societies, then nobody would be able to answer for sure, there are many other secret societies, but none IMO more important, if they did indeed have the Secret they are said to hold, the only people who would really know the truth here would be the Vatican for certain, everything else from other sources is just conjecture, they think they know, but don't really, and because they have never revealed their existence, I would say nobody ever got anywhere near to the truth.

The Mummies Curse, again many differing stories, most notably the Tomb of King TUT, however when you really look at the story surrounding the supposedly strange deaths following the opening of the Tomb, they are not really that out of the ordinary, on saying that, I remember a story of a lady who returned to the USA after visiting the Tomb with her Husband, on returning home she became very sick, talk started about the Mummies Curse, but with investigation, it turned out to be a Fungus living on the walls of the Tomb, she had fallen against the wall and ingested spores.

That case solved many similar reports of similar sickness, which had been linked to the Curse of the Mummy, I am not sure, but I think they took steps to stop contact with the Fungus now?

And the Surgeons Photo, this could be one of two things, either he did fake it, or people around him got sick and tired of the attention and decided to end it claiming it was faked, my opinion on this picture has always been, it is a picture of a swimmer doing the forward crawl, with his right arm raised out of the water ready to pull him forward, and his fist clenched, if you look at it, it really does look like someone swimming, but like many other high attention grabbing stories, people just get sick and tired of being accused of being fake, especially by people they don't even know, and like many others, have withdrawn their stories just to end it.

The same method is used every day to keep people bogged down in accusations, it depends on whether you want to believe the person who was there, or the person sitting thousands of miles away with nothing more than an opinion.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
There is way too much evidence out there that points to many crop circles being of non-human origin. Many massive crop circles have been made in under an hour, supported by eyewitness testimony. Numerous crop circle crop have been found to have traces of microwave radiation, and genetic modification that are impossible to be the result of something man-made.

Not only that, but here is the crop circle Dave and Doug made to prove that they had been making crop circles.

There is NO WAY that people with this kind of skill could ever even come close to making some of the intricate designs that have shown up over the years. Also, Jim Marrs' book Alien Agenda has given evidence that Dave and Doug were government hired dis-info agents. Read it for reference.

However, some are most definetly man-made, and I get the feeling that is has become almost an underground form of art expression. Whether or not a crop circle is fake or not, the beauty remains the same.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Hi Project 2501! Let's hear more! Bring it on! I have read books on the subject, anticipated the circles appearing for five years on the web every summer and looked forward to seeing the new designs/ messages, watched all the dvds on crop cirlces on netflix. It does something to people, you become adicted, a new consciousness happens, an awareness
of the larger environment (the universe) makes its self more apparent to our small lives. We are all connected in some way, and what we do to each other and the environment matters greatly. My prediction is that free clean energy is comming! A percentage are man made, and a percentage are not! I saw two orbs in the sky for four seconds this spring, so I would say other forces are at work, whom I am not sure, but they do seem to gradually want to manifest in our consciousness in a non threatening communication. My light bulb moment was when I saw the circle on the internet that was, near the radio tower, of the alien and the bianary code. That seemed to sum it upfor me. They said they were made out of silicone in another circle formation, are they are plastic like?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts

FAILED

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join