It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello ATS. I am Copperflower, and I come in peace.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Hello ATS. I am a lurker who is joining your ranks, and must say a huge "thanks" to pretty much everyone. I've seen that intelligence in its many forms is welcomed here, and that people are more concerned with the truth than dictating terms under which it may be understood. It's a good place to open stuff up, and really get down to the bottom of things. That is best accomplished when there is critical thinking mixed with fundamental respect for other people, so thanks, everyone, for continuing to make that kind of open exchange happen here.

I have been preoccupied with seeking truth since I was a child. Reading the newspapers at age 5, taking IQ tests, learning and seeking knowledge through cultural studies, astrophysics, quantum mechanics, art, anthropology, engineering. I love learning how things work.
But the greatest discovery for me has been that faith and science are not incompatible at all. I once loved science and hated the Bible. Now my two loves are one, and I have seen that the Bible I have heard preached is not a complete story, and therefore people do not realize the great truths and answers it contains. Personally, as an atheist, I hated the fact that people were wiped out in the Promised Land, even the kids sometimes. I hated the things that were said about women and rules, and so I ignored it as a historical anachronistic document, a subjective choice for each individual. All that changed, however.

Today I am still a skeptic, but I love God. So I'm no longer skeptical of Him, but of those who have always oppressed others. I believe the Bible is accurate scientifically, morally, and prophetically. What has been missing is our education of what context things happened in, the history of our world and its people, and a complete lack of respect for "ordinary" people, who see and control more of this life and this world than TPTB are ever willing to let on. We have not been deemed worthy of the truth, and have been systematically denied access to it, as we all are realizing. The Book of Enoch, had it been available throughout history since it was written, would have fundamentally built a different world for us, and we would not be struggling with the same basic questions we have for so many decades now, about other forms of life, the existence of God and what His nature really is, how we got here, whether science disproves or underlines the things the Bible says, etc. Educated people, especially science and industry lovers like me, are frowned upon if we bring up God in a formal setting such as school. No one mentions Isaac Newton's faith, as natural to him as breathing, and the fact that he firmly believed the Bible, enough to search for the Bible code way back then, and determine a 2060 date for the final end-times events. Anyone see that on cable? It didn't get a lot of hype, but it's been history for a few hundred years now. How come no one taught us this? Who is to gain from our systematic alienation from God or from detailed books about Him and our early ancestors? Who indeed?

Don't mean to ramble. That's some of who I am. Hello, ATS. Hope we can solve some stuff together.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Hello copperflower (nice handle), And welcome to ATS, i myself am on the survival and 911 forums most times, So hope to see you around

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Copperflower

Hello copperflower, well! you are an unusual blend. I think you will find you have a lot in common with people here, I'm like you I like to have a foot in both camps of science and spirituality.

Looking forward to reading some of your posts

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Hey there Copperflower welcome to the party.
Loving the name btw.

I'm another scientific/spiritual type myself ... you'll find there's more of us than you ever imagined here.

Anyhoo no doubt we shall be bumping into each other on the boards at some point.

Enjoy.

Woody

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copperflower
It's a good place to open stuff up, and really get down to the bottom of things. That is best accomplished when there is critical thinking mixed with fundamental respect for other people, so thanks, everyone, for continuing to make that kind of open exchange happen here.

Well said indeed, Copperflower, and welcome to ATS as a member rather than a lurker.

This 'cyber-agora' may, at times, seem fractuous and noisesome, but, in quiet nooks and crannies away from the general hubbub or even in the midst of a seething riot of a thread, you will find the most amazing people from all over the world.

Enjoy.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Hello ATS. I am Copperflower, and I come in peace.

Hello Copperflower> In peace, I welcome you to ATS and hope to see more of your thoughts soon

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Hi everyone, and thanks for the great welcome. So much to discuss, and so many great minds to meet with. It's really a huge resource to have so many people who find a place to bring forth their deepest thoughts or suspicions, and examine in the light, with others around to make it less disturbing.

I have read many posts pointing out that human history has contained MANY massive destructive events. This seems to bring us to a different encounter with the truth, a deeper truth about our lives and how much they matter in this huge panorama of history.

Incidentally, so many anachronistic artifacts are turning up, and from such ancient times, that human history is certainly millions of years older than generally thought (and taught).

We are a tough bunch, after all. But greater than that, God will preserve life because out of all things, some please Him, and some will certainly serve His purposes. Without that understanding, it makes sense that people will feel a sense of confusion and panic with the 2012 scenarios being examined openly in the media and online.

However, fomenting revolution is not only unsportsmanlike behavior (us versus the government?!), it's definitely not in our best interests, and I believe that this 2012 hysteria is another tactic of the enemy, tricking us into reacting badly to things that he laid down himself as traps for the poor, the humble, etc. All of us who are NOT TPTB.

So, considering the dignity of the human condition, that it has survived for very long, and that people still seek truth about the Creator, the world around them, etc., we who seek and nurture peace will find the truth an invaluable companion.

I will post a thread, if anyone is interested, in an effort to make sense of the climate change, its effects on animals and the physical earth, and how this plays into the evolution theory. That's a lot, but the whole basis of evolution is part of the "story" of manmade global warming. Let's kick the tires on this vague belief system that has made people feel "dumb" if they want to consider the existence of God or the truth of the Bible.

Let's see if it can hold up to our examinations, we who are the bread and butter of this world. Are we scientists? Not all of us. Are we geniuses? Again, not all of us. So this theory should be able to stand a few questions, right?
Thank you again for the warm welcome. It's an honor to be here.

top topics

join