It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stockpiling Shotgun shells

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
You should stock up on several different types of shot... #7, #4, 00 Buck, and slugs. The shotgun is a very versatile weapon; don't limit its capabilities by only having one type of ammo on hand.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Walmart offers 100 round shotgun packs for $21 to @22 dollar range. Thanks for reminding me to go get a few more!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
variety is the spice of life.

By stocking a single load, you eliminate the versatility of a shotgun.

I stock 00, #4 and #7, as well as a few slugs.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
You planning to hunt zombies or something
use a shotgun for their heads and bring a sniper with a silencer on the end for long range.
Good hunting!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUserz
You planning to hunt zombies or something
use a shotgun for their heads and bring a sniper with a silencer on the end for long range.
Good hunting!

A shotgun is one of the best all around long guns you can own. There are so many different loads you can take down all kinds of game.

I personally stockpile to be prepared. I will most llikely need it for hunting instead of taking out zombies. But if zombies appeared all of the sudden I might be able to cull a few thousand out of the mix.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
It's settled then.

A few boxes of rifled slugs.

A thousand rounds of #7 birdshot.

A new 22 and a few thousand rounds of 22.

A new russian rifle and a few thousand rounds of 5.45 x 39

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker

Another idea: Saiga 5.45x39 IZ-240 - 16" $349.99
For those of you who need an affordable weapon WITH affordable ammo.
Saiga 5.45x39

www.centerfiresystems.com...

www.aimsurplus.com...

1,080rds for about $150.00

infolurker

What the hell is this FFL required?

Does that mean I have to have an FFL to buy it or that the rifle must be shipped to an FFL dealer where I can pick it up?

[edit on 22-12-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

This particular store is local to me, you should have a local store with similar product. If you want to buy from THIS store or another internet source, it has to be shipped to an FFL / gun dealer.

I have bought a weapon like this before. Go to your favorite gunshop (not chain sporting good store) and ask them, usually if they don't sell it themselves, they will get it for you on the internet for a $30 fee above the price & transfer, shipping.

Unless your in California, I suspect you have a local gun store that would either have this in stock or order one for you upon request.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
well yes, you have had to fill out federal form to buy new gun from dealer since 1968.in 24 states you can buy used gun from individual, cash & carry or face to face FTF.ammo no form you have to send copy of drivers liscense to some dealers to get ammo , if mail order ammo sales have not been banned in your state(CAL,MASS, IL,etc),states can have stricter laws than fed if they want too.i buy ammo from ammo to go.com .fill out form online , and they ship right to you. cheap too.a 1000 rds of birdshot is cheap but you cant hunt enough to survive,you will have to trap your game.if you have moving targets 25-75 yds , using rifle may result in mostly misses, #4 buckshot (27 pellets)will score some hits,and do some wounding.over 5 yrds birdshot is useless for bad guy, no penetration, and if he's wearing homemade armor, you will need slug or rifle.250 rds of RIO #4 or 00 buck only 110$ plus shipping,each good ammo i have used it.slug 177$ f 250 rds.RIO makes slug load thats cheaper if you can find it.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by madokie]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker

I suspect you have a local gun store that would either have this in stock or order one for you upon request.

Daddy's getting a new assault rifle and a couple thousand of rounds of ammo for christmas.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Daddy's getting a new assault rifle and a couple thousand of rounds of ammo for christmas.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by In nothing we trust]

Merry Xmas to you! I assume you got the Saiga in the link above?

Great rifle. Pretty much all the AK-based firearms are great SHTF weapons. Darned reliable and will go through hell before they break down. Not many rifles will hold up to water, mud, sand, dirt, etc. like an AK can. The Saiga's are not quite as good as the true AK's in terms of accuracy & reliability but the price is definitely right. I'd have chosen one in 7.62x39 myself but 5.45x39 is surely adequate for self-defense.

There's alot of surplus 5.45x39 ammo available right now so that's a plus. Be sure to stock up it comes and goes in waves as far as availability goes.

I own a Saiga 410, basically the same rifle except it shoots .410ga shotgun shells.

Now get a pistol grip on that sucka and some 30rd mags so you can really call it an EBR (Evil Black Rifle)

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
It's settled then.

A few boxes of rifled slugs.

A thousand rounds of mixed #4 and #7 birdshot.

A new 22 and a few thousand rounds of 22.

A new russian rifle and a few thousand rounds of 5.45 x 39

Corrected above -- you really should have some larger (#4) birdshot as well. #7 will NOT take down larger birds such as wild turkey, ducks, geese.

Not saying you need 1k rounds of each, just think you should have a good mix as far as birdshot goes.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join