It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thousand Islamic extremists, including women and children, storm a Church near Jakarta

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Jakarta (AsiaNews) – Last night a crowd of angry Muslims, including women and children, attacked the Church of Saint Albert, in Bekasi Regency, about 30 kilometres east of Jakarta. The situation is now under control but the local Catholic community is afraid of an escalation before Christmas.
Kurniadi is a member of the committee charged with the church’s construction. He told AsiaNews, “Suddenly, a bunch of bikers arrived in the area where the church stands.” They had banners and kerosene tanks. “We don’t know why we were attacked,” he said.

Asaia News

The religion of peace and love strikes again.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
To be honest this sort of thing is to be expected if you believe in prophetic instances coming into fulfilment.

Sadly, it fans the flame of those who call on the destruction of religion (again, which kind of backs up end-time-prophecy).

It's sad - it's sad when man persecutes itself. The fact is many of these people do these things in ignorance without understanding what they are doing or why.

I know the 'Christians' done many obscene things in the past (well some still do them now and the western church is pretty materialistic), but the simple fact is any religion is made up of men trying to achieve what they want or floored understandings. Who knows why they are doing this - in anger over some occurrence? In the name of their religion?

This week would be a good time to reflect on peace, love and helping one another. I'll do that in the name of my God.

new topics

join