It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration Officials can "make you disappear"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
"We Can Make Him Disappear": Immigration Officials Are Holding People In Secret, Unmarked Jails

In addition to publicly listed field offices and detention sites, ICE is holding prisoners in 186 unlisted, unmarked locations, many in suburban office parks or commercial spaces.

I came across this story, and thought that it sounded like something from a movie.
But, its real.
And pretty scary.

If you are a suspect, and also an illegal alien, you can be "hidden" away. Your family will not know where you are and the detention facilities are unmarked.

You disappear.

"If you don't have enough evidence to charge someone criminally but you think he's illegal, we can make him disappear." Those chilling words were spoken by James Pendergraph, then executive director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement's (ICE) Office of State and Local Coordination, at a conference of police and sheriffs in August 2008.

And if thats not creepy enough....

ICE is also confining people in 186 unlisted and unmarked subfield offices, many in suburban office parks or commercial spaces revealing no information about their ICE tenants -- nary a sign, a marked car or even a US flag.

Now, my question is:
There is much speculation of a possible police-state, martial law type scenario here on ATS.
There are also the tin foil hat club members, that believe the government is after them.
My question is.....If they can make these immigrants disappear, could they make an average citizen disappear as well?
How would anyone find you?

The Full article, here

[edit on 19-12-2009 by InertiaZero]

[edit on 19-12-2009 by InertiaZero]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
If it is true, then posting a source wouldn't hurt, would it?

Second line.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Thank you!! I totally forgot the link.

Goofed up!

It's fixed now.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This is one of the most sensationalist Articles i have read all year ..

Seriously .. what is the point of scaring people with sensational unproven nonsense >?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

Seeing as there is now a bill on the U.S. House floor for mass amnesty of all illegal immigrants (Source.), it makes sense the proponents of the bill would try every conceivable tactic to vilify ICE and the rest of the pro-legal enforcement crowd to push their agenda.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by InertiaZero

That's scary.

i wonder if they could hide away citizens, too? what about people suspected about being terrorists?

How many people are in these prisons that are citizens, and not illegal?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Alla Suvorova, 26, a Mission Hills, California, resident for almost six years, ended up in B-18 after she was snared in an ICE raid targeting others at a Sherman Oaks apartment building. For her, the worst part was not the dirt, the bugs flying everywhere or the clogged, stinking toilet in their common cell but the panic when ICE agents laughed at her requests to understand how long she would be held. "No one could visit; they couldn't find me. I was thinking these people are going to put me and the other people in a grinder and make sausages and sell them in the local market."

Can you imagine what else has gone on... If you dare?

top topics

join