It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is oempro?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
A quick gander over at www.abovetopsecret.net... (which is a site owned by The Above Network) we discover there is a log-in prompt for the OEMPRO software suite...

What is oempro?

Oempro is a commercial program for managing and conducting Email advertising campaigns.

This means he could be potentially filling his member's email inboxes with spam and other advertisements...

Why have the login prompt so easily accessed?

I'm beginning to wonder if Bill hasn't decided to 'sell' his membership out... his privacy statement was changed on 18-11-2009... And would seem to allow for a software interface such as oempro to be used in a spam operation... as long as the people he's sold access to don't have the ability to view the ATS members email addresses...

To oversimplify... Someone could pay Bill any given amount of money for access to this program... log in... and send advertisements to the general ATS membership... all the while remaining within his newly adopted privacy statement...

I do have a screenshot of the login prompt, complete with oempro branding, in case bill takes it down, or hides it... but for now... we can see it at www.abovetopsecret.net...

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
yeah, that's right...you all are just dollar signs to these people.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
My inbox is full of announcements and post removal messages from mods/admins. The messages after a post removal are automatic according to the message. Possibly what OEMpro is being used for. Either way I just plan to let it fill up. And I dont see any advertisements anyway.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by glevel

well, if you made a website you would try to make money off of it right? also doesnt it cost money for servers and computers to host the massive amounts of data on here?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
not if they spam my e-mail it is not a good thing

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
am...###################/www-abovetopsecret-com-becomes-t23909.html?t=23909...

that is where the truth about ats lies...

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by glevel

i have a spam filter and i do not open messages unless theyre from a friend...easy way to avoid spam. lots of site do this not just this one.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Have you considered the possibility of that domain having been established or setup merely to handle the ATS Newsletter and/or ATSNews Alerts and whatnot?

Nah ... couldn't be that simple, this is a conspiracy site. There's gotta be mOar to it than That.

Nope. It is what it is. Try checking the return address of those same alert and newsletter emails.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by glevel
am...###################/www-abovetopsecret-com-becomes-t23909.html?t=23909...

that is where the truth about ats lies...

Your link does not appear to work. Please edit.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
[edit on 12/18/2009 by glevel]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
can I get a bump on this? I know it aint reptillians and such, but just as scary

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
off topic post? Who do I talk to about that? It seems to be a mistake.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

ATS privacy policy

We use the e-mail address you provided to confirm your discussion board password. Your addresses are not used for any other purpose other than registration for the AboveTopSecret.com email newsletters...

If we decide to change our privacy policy, we will post those changes to this privacy statement, the home page, and other places we deem appropriate so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page.

Does this assure that if ATS decides to start email marketing that intent will be made clear to the membership.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by glevel
What is oempro?

It's the software we use to send our email newsletters to our 80,000+ list of double opt-in subscribers via a database of email addresses totally separate from the emails contained in the ATS board profiles.

When a new member joins ATS, they're also provided the opportunity to opt-in to the email newsletters via a simple informative email. If the new member doesn't respond, they receive no follow-up emails or newsletters. If the new member clicks the opt-in confirmation link, they begin receiving the newsletters.

About 70% of our subscribers are ATS members, the other 30% have subscribed using the form here.

At no point have we ever revealed any newsletter or member email addresses to any party, nor will we ever.

We selected the OEMpro system because of it's reliable double opt-in procedure, opt-out ease, and CAN SPAM act compliance.

top topics

join