It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US reaches 'meaningful agreement' with China, India, South Africa at climate summit.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

US reaches "meaningful agreement" at Copenhagen

www.breitbart.com

COPENHAGEN (AP) - Official: US reaches 'meaningful agreement' with China, India, South Africa at climate summit
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-12-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This just came out from the associated press and was not very specific, but I will update as soon as more terms are released. But as of now the US has made a "'meaningful agreement' with China, India, South Africa at climate summit" I will reserve judgement until I know how this will affect me.

-E-

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
translation

U.S. will throw YOUR money at them to buy their agreement

how much you want to bet?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I will admit, when I saw the word "agreement" the first thing that came to mind was "how much will this cost me". But maybe it will be something that will do the world good....

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I knew they had to come away with some kind of agreement even if things have gone badly for them. To fail would only back up the arguments against AGW and throw their plans back for years.

I could almost puke when I read about how african leaders were "disappointed" that they didn't get a more substantial agreement.
Reminds me of a homeless guy I gave some change to and he got pissed off I didn;t give him a dollar instead. This whole thing stinks. Maybe we could send them our bankers instead of the money. Throw in Bernanke and Geithner for free.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I'm glad I live in such a logical world. I'm sure this makes perfect sense to everyone. America is a rich nation but they will need to borrow money from China to help poor developing nations like China. Makes perfect sense to me and I'm sure the rich tent city people will be glad the poor are getting the help they need.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jacob08

No natural recources in tent cities,
You have to help those nations which may be of value in the future,

It makes me llaugh now when the US promises money to other countries, when the value of the US dollar free falls, all these countries that accepted the money won't even be allowed to burn it for heat because of the Co2 it will emit.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
USA will redistribute its wealth through new revenues raised from cap and trade legislation... Redistribution of wealth which will be ultimately taken from Americans and given to "developing nations" developing nations which are struggling with "climate change"

This whole plan is using the vehicle of climate change backed up by fraudulent science to defraud the American taxpayers, and all but destroy the US industrial complex to give hundreds of billions of dollars to those developing nations.

Finally they get to kill the great capitalist system and bring down the almighty USA, and force those fat greedy Americans to live like the rest of the world.

I'm quite sure that these nations under the governance climate control will provide, will ultimately have consensus and agreement that the US constitution itself is a threat to humanity and must be eliminated by international agreement and binding decree.

Welcome ALL, to what is next.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It might be the US throwing money. It might be about trying not to throw money, might be because they are not sure about the need to do anything (hoping for Maunder -3 C) , or the possibillity to make real promises.

Nations, countries put their money in the basket. 30 billion, 100 billion, to compensate developing countries. Now they will have to act. Realizing there's no agreement on certain, specific goals, there's still a lot to do, filling in the plan, "built on the momentum", Obama said. Time will learn the results. Experience tells some participants, signing countries do not put their money where their mouth is. The parts where the action ain't, lacking plan and/or

And I thought he did a smart thing, Obama, although I think he wanted another agreement himself. The last thing, I do like about him. Though I am not intimate with his internal make up, which I think neither of us will specifically mind, he stays on foot with China by not making new promises while at the same time setting the targets for humanity. Which I think are ambitious.

That at no means should be understood as not embracing better technologies, policies, intentions, means, facts and desirable solutions.

Come on, people, Kopenhagen was a mess, but what did you, would, could you expect. And I think we saw the world in action. Personally I was happy somebody stood up and said: that's were we go. Goodnight. And so it is.

Realizing, again, the trouble in our world, our worlds, it makes me dislike those partly phony NWO bashers. Because to make this world go round we better need a bit of intelligence. At this moment humanity lacks the intelligence and capacity (situation) to resolve it's own problems. But we do have proven (for better or worse) networks and knots, offering platforms for matters of this world.

Africa on solar.

join