It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plaster Thermitic Reaction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I came across this video on youtube.

www.youtube.com...

I don't know how to inbed, so you'll just have to watch the link.

Summary:

This person uses regular plaster (i.e. plaster board) instead of iron oxide to form a thermitic reation with aluminum powder.

Could this be the answer we've all been searching?

Could a natural thermitic reation have taken place with the impact of the plane powderizing the plane enough to start a reaction with the plaster board?

Just some things we "truthers" need to consider here IMO. I don't think this is totally out of the realm of a possibility. Although stretching it a little I admit.

Thoughts?

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Nutter]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
To present more evidence of this theory.

www.youtube.com...

In this video, the guy takes two steel balls and wraps one in aluminum foil. Then he hits them together producing sparks.

I actually think I may be on to something here.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
That's the first I've seen of you being able to do that with plaster.

S&F just for that.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Since the Military grade nano-thermite that was found in the 9/11 NY rubble, both spent and unexploded, was nothing close to this, I sorta think you're NOT on to something.

If I recall from a little earlier research aluminum melts at around 3900 F and just looked up plaster - melting point 1460 F, and chemical formula CaSO4. That SO4 could bring a lot of energy into this and the way he lit it could have started the whole reaction.

There are a million things that could react like this.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
By the way, to imbed YouTube videos copy everything after the first =
then click the YouTube VIDEO button at top right after starting a thread. If you have a pop-up blocker you will need to click the bar that comes up to "temporarily allow", then click the YouTube VIDEO button again. Paste the portion after the = (FXc6-uXslHM&NR=1&feature=fvwp in this case)into the box and hit enter.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a82c0d575903.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Aluminum melts at 660 C, 1220 F.

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
There are a million things that could react like this.

Wikipedia only has these:

Thermites can be a diverse class of compositions. The fuels are often aluminium, magnesium, calcium, titanium, zinc, silicon, and boron. The oxidizers can be boron(III) oxide, silicon(IV) oxide, chromium(III) oxide, manganese(IV) oxide, iron(III) oxide, iron(II,III) oxide, copper(II) oxide, and lead(II,III,IV) oxide.[1]

The most common thermite is aluminium-iron(III) oxide.

en.wikipedia.org...

7 known possible fuels, 8 known possible oxidizers.

Not that a million different options would hurt theories proposing that thermite reactions brought the towers down. That just means more substances to look for, and we already know there were thermitic eutectic reactions (iron oxide and aluminum with sulfur) on the WTC steel because of the appendix C of the FEMA report.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Nice research.

I was thinking of Al2O3 solid rocket fuel burning at 3900... oops
(but I just checked and was wrong on that too
)

No worries, your research cleared it up I believe.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by Thermo Klein]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

I'd be willing to bet that the eutectic reaction that FEMA was speaking of in appendix C of their report. Is the same eutectic reaction aftermath that we see pouring out of the south tower during those last minutes/seconds before collapse.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
Wikipedia only has these:

Thermites can be a diverse class of compositions. The fuels are often aluminium, magnesium, calcium, titanium, zinc, silicon, and boron. The oxidizers can be boron(III) oxide, silicon(IV) oxide, chromium(III) oxide, manganese(IV) oxide, iron(III) oxide, iron(II,III) oxide, copper(II) oxide, and lead(II,III,IV) oxide.[1]

The most common thermite is aluminium-iron(III) oxide.

en.wikipedia.org...

Interesting. I noticed you bolded the calcium (i.e. the Ca part of the CaSO4). Now, going by this informaion, is it possible that a thermitic reaction occured with the Calcium and aluminum and became thermate by the addition of the SO4?

I'm not a chemist so I don't know the exact stoiciometry of the elements, but it seems to me that at least we have the ingredients for a natural thermitic reaction to take place.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

S&F because i want to see what others say about this.

this doesn't confirm anything but other possibilities of how this compound would or COULD have been used.

for the embedding, all you need is the letters after the = sign in the youtube URL.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Yes it just shows how many more possibilities there are out there. While everyone is focused on iron oxide and aluminum.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Bump.

I'd like this thread NOT to fall in the realm of not answered.

I think we "both sides of the debate" could actually learn from this.

Please don't let this thread and information fall by the wayside just because we can't "argue" about it. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
in what possible fashion could the (theoretic) plaster and aluminum reaction on the upper levels influenced all of the floors beneath it to simultaneously give?

And how could it happen in WTC7?

Answer those questions and ill begin to give your theory some merit.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
in what possible fashion could the (theoretic) plaster and aluminum reaction on the upper levels influenced all of the floors beneath it to simultaneously give?

The columns were wrapped in plaster as part of the fireproofing. When the plane hit the plaster, it started a reaction on the columns (specifically the core columns).

The aluminum from WTC 2's facade fell into WTC 7 with some force behind it. Possibly starting the same type of reactions?

Answer those questions and ill begin to give your theory some merit.

A lot of my theory doesn't neccesarily explain the collapses, but it could explain the weeks worth of "fires" and subsequent "melting of the steel" in the rubble piles.

Possibly the force of the collapse caused the plaster to ignite with the aluminum?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter

Interesting. I noticed you bolded the calcium (i.e. the Ca part of the CaSO4). Now, going by this informaion, is it possible that a thermitic reaction occured with the Calcium and aluminum and became thermate by the addition of the SO4?

I'm not a chemist so I don't know the exact stoiciometry of the elements, but it seems to me that at least we have the ingredients for a natural thermitic reaction to take place.

In this case [BSBray's post] the calcium he referred to would be the use of calcium metal as the reductant instead of aluminum metal. The general method for making a thermite is to have an oxide and a strongly reducing metal. The energetics of the reaction of Al with CaSO4 is calculable. I haven't done it yet, but will take some guesses at products and see what it will do.

[edit on 12/20/2009 by pteridine]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter

The aluminum from WTC 2's facade fell into WTC 7 with some force behind it. Possibly starting the same type of reactions?

The debris that hit WTC7 was from WTC1 and yeah I wouldn't really buy that theory anyway. It has to be powder aluminum mixed with the plaster.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
The debris that hit WTC7 was from WTC1 and yeah I wouldn't really buy that theory anyway. It has to be powder aluminum mixed with the plaster.

I agree. But the second link I posted was most interesting I thought. How he made sparks and an almost thermitic reaction with just steel balls and aluminum foil.

Just got me thinking of how all the fires could have started.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Plus, what I'm really interested in is that we are always asking for proof that drywal could corrode steel like it did on 9/11....assuming it was the drywall.

I just figured this OP and video was that proof that we were all looking for.

The ironic thing is that it took a "truther" to find this evidence.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Nutter]

new topics

top topics

join