It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Bigfoot Image Cut Down by Occam's Razor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

A photograph captured on a trail camera in the Minnesota woods has some people suggesting that Bigfoot has once again been filmed. In October, brothers Casey and Peter Kedrowski rigged a motion-activated camera to record wildlife near Chippewa National Forest. When the pair recently looked at the images, one showed a dark, featureless human-like figure that made them wonder if they had accidentally photographed the mysterious Bigfoot creature.

The figure looked a lot like a bow hunter might appear, though none of the local hunters the brothers spoke to admitted to being in the area on the night in question. Soon a pair of local Bigfoot enthusiasts arrived on the scene, and "authenticated" the mystery. Bigfoot buff Don Sherman analyzed the photo, comparing it to the most famous image of an alleged Bigfoot, seen in a 1967 film. According to Sherman, the proportions of the figure that the Kedrowskis captured are very similar to the figure in the 1967 Bigfoot film. "I am pretty convinced," Sherman said.

Sherman may be convinced, but others aren't---and this Bigfoot story doesn't survive one of the most important scientific principles, Occam's Razor. This idea (attributed to a William of Occam, who devised his version in the 1300s) is that if you have a phenomenon to be explained and several different theories are proposed as solutions, the simplest one (or the one with the fewest assumptions) is likely to be the correct answer.

For example, if a camera snaps a photo in the woods of a bipedal form on a trail that closely resembles a human in size and shape, is it more likely that the figure is actually a person, or that it's Bigfoot—an animal that never proven to exist? Both are possible, but which is more likely?

So, while I would like to believe there really is something "out there" it seems that this latest sighting isn't it...

Trail Cam Pictue:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d5fcdf6f9f80.jpg[/atsimg]

Link

Related Link

Another Related Link-Blog

[edit on 17-12-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Your're right although that is far too much work to come up with the answer that the thing in the photo is a man in a gorilla suit. There is no musculature at all visible, particularly in the left leg which, if extended as shown would reveal calf muscles at least. There's nothing but a straight line down the leg which can only mean SUIT SUIT SUIT SUIT SUIT SUIT.
Honestly the people that do this kind of stuff tick me off if they can't go to the trouble to come up with something more convincing than this. It's like the MARS FACES thread where you can plainly see human boot prints in the same photo as the "martian face"

So many want to believe (including me!) but I need better evidence than this FCS!
you still got the right answer though. Gold star for you

[edit on 18-12-2009 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

The guys that manipulated this photo are probably laughing all the way to the bank. Then to the local news station, quickly followed by the local newspaper.

I've looked at a few Bigfoot photos in my time and this looks like one of the worst. Occam's razor is the best way to get the answer even though we all know it looks fake.

....Even as much as I'd like to see a real "Bigfoot" photo.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

I don't know why it surprises me the lengths (or lack of) that people go to, but each time it does. I would feel like a huge fool for faking a BF sighting, especially a poorly created one. Last thing I'd want is my name splashed around the news for something done incredibly amateur.

reply to post by Asktheanimals

So many want to believe (including me!) but I need better evidence than this FCS! you still got the right answer though. Gold star for you

Thank you, I'll take the gold star (reminds me of school, eek)... Even though the answer was a bit too obvious this time.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Said this before and I'll say it again.

Gillie Suit

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This story was printed in the Star Tribune a week or so ago, I never even thought to post about it here. Heh, nice to see that it did make it to ATS though.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
What the heck has happened to my country?
Even Bigfoot is doing gangsta thang and dragging his pants with half his arse showing.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I am surprised there was as much furor over this photo as it always looked to me like a hunter or somesuch out for some jacklighting or whatever with a hoodie on.

There has been a lot more compelling photos of alleged Sassy activity ove rteh eyars that have been discarded with so much a quarter of teh speculation this one has received.

I used to think the advent of trail cams and cell phonce cameras were going to be a boon to Sassy research but now I think they have become nothing but a bane.

Oh, new here by the way!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminotreal
I used to think the advent of trail cams and cell phonce cameras were going to be a boon to Sassy research but now I think they have become nothing but a bane.

Oh, new here by the way!

Same can be said about UFO's and such.
With the advent of one technology (trail cams, cell phone cams,..) that can be used to prove the existence of one thing, you also have a concurrent advent in another technology that can just as easily disprove it (Photoshop, CGI).

Almost like taking two steps forward and three steps back.

BTW, welcome.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join