It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 minute video of The Known Universe ... in HD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

The Known Universe takes viewers from the Himalayas through our atmosphere and the inky black of space to the afterglow of the Big Bang. Every star, planet, and quasar seen in the film is possible because of the world's most complete four-dimensional map of the universe, the Digital Universe Atlas that is maintained and updated by astrophysicists at the American Museum of Natural History. The new film, created by the Museum, is part of an exhibition, Visions of the Cosmos: From the Milky Ocean to an Evolving Universe, at the Rubin Museum of Art in Manhattan through May 2010.

That is just simply amazing.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Very nice presentation ( Also now my favorite on Youtube
)

Star & Flag for simply being awe-inspiring, every time I see something like this I really feel small; but at the same time I feel overjoyed seeing it and now that I'm bumped up I think I'll take my exam with all this pent up energy I have now

Great Video

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Sorry but a thread already exists.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The even stranger thing is that this universe is actually inside a small music box hidden somewhere in the mountains in austria

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Cool beans! You know, i used to be a fanatic for Medieval Fantasy, but in the last years I've become addicted to Sci-fi... the universe is just too intriguing!

S&F!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Very cool starred and flagged. I saw something similar to this but it went from the smallest (subatomic) to the largest things.

Was it just me or is the music really choppy in the vid?

[edit on 17-12-2009 by pavil]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
This video misrepresents the unbelievable scale of the universe. Most people cant grasp the idea of how truly immense it is, and how truly insignificant we are.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Beautiful music which really added alot to the video, Thanks for reposting a video i probably would have never seen. Awesome!!

Star and flag!!!

peace

top topics

join