It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's fat cats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I came upon this article that explain how we Americans listen to certain things from the mouth of our politicians but actually they mean something else.

Remember when Obama denounced "fat cats" during his performance on "60 Minutes,"

Well the truth can not be so far from what we all has been speculating for years and now months on how politics works in our nations capitol.

The president says Wall Street doesn't get it. He has it backward. Wall Street gets it. He still doesn't.

Actually I think he does get it, but many in this nation doesn't, now wonder why we are so angry with politics and politicians.

Wall Street knows that "sticks and stones can break my bones, but faux anger cannot hurt me." Wall Street believes the president can be rolled, Congress can be bought, consumers can be screwed, jobs can be destroyed, the nation can be harmed, the public can be enraged -- and it can continue these practices without limit and without shame and pay itself gigantic bonuses for it, and nobody will fight to change this

Some say that the fat cats "deserve" their pay and bonuses, but do they?

We most wonder, as the lame excuses for bills passed in Washington to "regulate" the financial system are nothing but a joke.

Why so much protecting for this fat cats coming from Washington? sometimes I know the answer to that one but most of the time I will like somebody else to tell me the same thing I know just for reassurance.

Now we got another bill that will be rammed to us "call the joke of health care bill" that will give more power to corporate America over the citizens in this nation.

Plus the secret deals for big pharma to control drugs and prices in the nation

Congress may pass a health care bill that would help insurance CEOs making $10 million a year spend a generation raising premiums even further, while certain senators who take their money work to defeat a public option that would serve the nation and lower the deficit and that is supported by a majority of the people.

And still many doesn't get it, this all about protection of the same fat cats that we citizens has grown to despise so much.

Why are we nowhere in Washington asking for the heads of all this corrupted puppets that we call our nations congress?

We have a government that is working against the people, in favor of fat cats and taking away anything this nation population has build with sweat, blood and hard labor.

The fat cats has defeated amendments to save homeowners, they now will get our own tax payer money to lend it to us with not conditions but with plenty of taxes and interest to us.

I love the way the article refers to the treasury department as Wall street in the Potomac.

www.opednews.com...

[edit on 17-12-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Obama is a walking contradiction of himself. I could not stop laughing when I heard those words come from his mouth. The man has literally surrounded and insulated himself with fat cats since he launched his Presidential campaign. He also comes from the land of the Chicagoland fat cats and he is using this Chicago style of politics in the White House.

The man is nothing but a snake oil salesman that will say anything to seal a deal. He just simply fluffs off any contradictions by denying them.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

No the bankers don't deserve the bonuses, but at the same time I can't fault them for doing what they always do, and I definitely don't want congress to step in and regulate those because then they will come after us little guys, when you give them an inch they always take a mile.

Now the thing about it is that all of this didn't have to be a problem if the government would have let the market work and allows these mega-firms to fail. Sure it would have hurt, but it would have cleared out the corrupt institutions and also clear out all the bad debt along with it. Of course other things need to be done with too, but letting them fail would have been a noble correct move.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I agree, but this is no only the big too fail but how corporate America gets away with writing bills and having their bought and pay for congress to pass laws that will only affects us.

What is going in congress is not only outrageous but out loud obscene.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

That it is. Something has to change, but voting isn't going to solve the problems, we have to stop supporting the firms that keep buying off the politicians. I doubt that will ever happen without a revolution though.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Of course Obama has his pet fat cats in office. It's all just "Do as I say, not as I do" for him, and every other person that ever held office.

Anyone running for President will say anything as long as it gets them votes.

top topics

join