It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China succeeds in developing herbal medication to treat A/H1N1 flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Source link

"Medical experts proved the effectiveness of Jin Hua in treating A/H1N1 flu from both the basic scientific studies and clinical studies," she said. The basic scientific studies lasted for almost five months and were conducted by experts from the China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Beijing University of Technology. "In vivo and in vitro, experiments on mice and rabbits show JinHua can bring down a fever and resist the A/H1N1 flu virus," said Huang Luqi, vice president of the China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences. Thursday's Beijing Daily hailed the new herbal medication as the "world's first traditional Chinese medicine to treat the A/H1N1 flu". Citing medical officials, the paper said "Jin Hua" was picked from among more than 100 classic anti-flu prescriptions based on traditional Chinese herbal medicine.

Cheaper, herbal and effective, I like the sound of this. I'm trying to find more information on the ingredients and will post more later. Sadly they're going to try to patent this.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I found a site that will help decipher the ingredients. It's technical but will help narrow it down. Perhaps someone with a better knowledge of traditional chinese herbology and acupuncture can help. Or I can return to this after i sleep and go to translating.

accupuncture webpage

For acute presentation with fever, chills, headache and sore throat, many herbal formulas take yin qiao san or sang ju yin and add herbs with antiviral properties13 as well as additional qi tonics. Both yin qiao san and sang ju yin were recorded by Wu Ju-Tong in 1798 as part of the wen bing (warm diseases) movement. The following formula was generated during the SARS epidemic of 2003.14 The original Sang Ju Yin formula uses Sang Ye (Folium Mori Albae), Ju Hua (Flos Chrysanthemi Morifolii), Lian Qiao (Fructus Forsythiae Suspensae), Bo He (Herba Menthae Haplocalycis), Jie Geng (Radix Platycodi Grandiflori), Xing Ren (Semen Pruni Armeniacae), Lu Gen (Rhizoma Phragmitis Communis) and Gan Cao (Radix Glycyrrhizae Uralensis). The adjusted formula added Da Qing Ye (Folium Isatidis seu Baphicacanthi), Huang Qin (Radix Scutellariae) and Huang Qi (Radix Astragali Membranaceus). Other recommended prescriptions for acute presentation use simpler approaches, basically gathering together a few herbs with strong antiviral-type properties. The Bird- Swine Formula” recommends four herbs: jin yin hua (Flos Lonicerae Japonicae), ban lan gen (Radix Isatidis seu Baphicacanthi), bo he (Herba Mentha Haplocalyces) and gan cao (Radix Glycyrrhizae Uralensis). Another slightly larger formula recommends the following: chuan xin lian (Herba Andrographis Paniculatae), yi yi ren (Semen Coicis Lachryma-jobi), guan zhong (Rhizoma Dryopteris crassirhizoma), lian qiao (Fructus Forsythia Suspensa), jin yin hua (Flos Lonicerae Japonicae) and hu zhang (Radix et Rhizoma Polygoni Cuspidati). Other herbal prescriptions are also reported.

This page is definitely worth the read for those looking for a more traditional and less pharmaceutical approach to flu treatment and prevention.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko

This page is definitely worth the read for those looking for a more traditional and less pharmaceutical approach to flu treatment and prevention.

Those reading should check out the track record for Chinese agriculture. What's that stuff they spray on their crops? Why does it have a skull and cross bones? I think the agricultural additives are worse than anything you could put in a vaccine. Hence why you shouldn't drink clarified apple juice, it all comes from China.

Also, what are the levels of melamine and/or lead? I'm curious about that.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dnevnoi

No one is saying you have to buy the ingredients from the chinese. The point of using herbs is you can grow them yourselves.

My intention here, and I'm sorry if I was not clear, is to find the ingredients before they become a a trade secret. Having herbs patented and then sold is just another way for the pharmaceuticals to try to corner the market. By offering the ingredients for public knowledge we can help people make choices.

I'm really hoping someone who help translate the ingredients happens upon this thread. Until then I offer another site that lists some.

Formulas being used in china for h1n1

Perhaps this will help.

new topics

top topics

join