It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[source] Why do we do this to ourselves?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I was reading this article and it just made me want to say this. I hope we all can somewhat agree and put the usual ATS hatred behind us for a minute. We all strive to have the best and most like hoarders in some way or another even myself. It pains me to see this is what we are doing and these are the consequences of this. Some people want 12 kids something. We are overpopulating and destroying our homes. It is time to come together for the better good of everyone and make sacrifices. Every little bit will help! Don't wait for our governments to do it, because they won't, and if they do it will not be the best for everyone. It will only benefit the few and wealthy. We need to do this on our own in a global effort. A type of Global Citizenry for the better good of our home. Thanks for listening with open minds and making a conscious effort even in the slightest way.

The article I was reading: www.cnn.com...

AN-

[edit on 16-12-2009 by atcwatcher]

[edit on 16-12-2009 by atcwatcher]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I am a little confused (not hard to do) but the link provided is about pollution in China. So, why do we do that? Money.

You also talk about overpopulation & having too many children. Why do we do that? I think it's because of Religion and some Religious views on birth control.

Signals

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by atcwatcher

It seems sickening to see cities in china have this type of smog that the populace has no choice but to breath in. A choking smog filled with particles of carcinogens, carbon and toxic wastes.

This was also a reality in major US cities in the Industrial revolution. Huge factories and smelteries bellowed out huge thick plumes of blackness hazing all cities just as they are in china now.

This smog in china is their industrial revolution. China has to go through this step to get to the next stage in their development. The united states industrial revolution lasted from 1850 to 1940. I would assume china has to get through some years still. They are a little behind, and as pollution cleaning tech becomes cheaper I would assume they will follow suit and start regulating their share of pollution the citizens have to breath. They are still having to play catchup for the time being though.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

Thanks for that reply, very informing!

It makes me feel better it is for some good overall.

AN-

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by atcwatcher

While we have countries like China - huge population, huge polluters, and makers of tainted products (rememeber the milk that killed babies) - also with no conscience, I am sorry but we cannot save this planet.

I do my bit - recycle etc - but a zillion others do not, so where does that leave us?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The planet is fine. It doesnt need salvation. We're just making it a worse environment for us to live in. We're the ones going down the drain. =P If the planet could speak, it would be saying "Save the humans."

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by henriquefd

No, the planet would be saying get rid of the humans, save the animals and the innocents.

So, save the babies, get rid of the rest of humanity. I can educate the babies, says the planet.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TaraLou

Thats all you can do at this point unfortunately, but I do appreciate it and I am sure others do too. Just imagine if everyone would do something as little as recycle paper how much deforestation we could stop. But I do understand the grim side of it not mattering too much.

Side note the overpopulation part is what I meant by too many babies. I am not saying cap births worldwide by any means it should be our own right, but two things with that. First, the number of children birthed by parents who either do not want or can not handle the responsibility of children. Secondly, we can't keep the planet unpolluted for us as it is. I feel we could stand more people but we need to focus our technological advances to space expedition such as the plan to reestablish an atmosphere on mars or a space colony. Or even more simple, cleaner more environment friendly technology. We all know it is out there, but the powers that be, the ones making profit will not let us have, when I feel like it is not their place to do that in the first place is not theirs to control.

Personally I hold myself accountable I do so much blogging about things like this but I do not actually act upon them, but I think that time may be near for all of the citizens of this planet.

I am not a fan of the one world government, at least the one taking shape, but I do believe we as people on this earth need to unite... to tell the government what we want it to focus on. It is not their place to decide what is best for us, that is our prerogative. If overpopulation or global warming is true they need to present that to us and accept the results and implement what we decide as a world conscious group of people to solve these issues. Our governments should work for us not parent us anymore!

AN-

top topics

join