It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Test-Fires Long-Range Missile

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TSawyer
reply to post by McFlemish

It's funny how Zionists brag about their nuclear "assets", are they familiar with the phrase "sheer hypocrisy". They are threatening to use nuclear weapons to stop a country from getting nuclear weapons?

Im not taking any side here, but Israel has never bragged about its nuclear assetts. Infact there has never been a formal admission they have them

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I agree with some of the previous posters, this is eerily similar to the lead up to the invasion of Iraq.

Before the Iraq war we had stories on MSM of missile tests and we had various secret documents showing WMD.

Most of it turned out to be lies just to win over the people for going to war.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

The West doesn't have to hype up Iran's aggressive posturing. They're quite capable of doing it themselves.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed

It been posted several times on here that a possible attack will happen before the end of the year.

Unlikely in that time frame. You would see the tell tale signs of an attack coming. Israel probably won't do it themselves, they will do it with others. That would involve moving of Carrier Battle Groups (plural), flightwings, cruise missile launch platforms ect.

There will be no mistaking us preparing an air attack on Iran. You will also probably see an order for more munitions prior to a strike, that would probably be the lead indicator. When you see more Cruise missiles and HARMS being ordered, you can bet we plan on shooting off a bunch.

Looks like the Sejjil-2 carries a fairly small payload for a 2000km+ weapon.....wonder what could be carried by such a warhead?

[edit on 16-12-2009 by pavil]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo5842
I need help with this issue, simply because i cant understand why Iran can't have its own nuclear program? is it not the case the US have one, Israel, the UK, Russia, China well i could go on, as you know, and it that a reason to go to war with a country because they wont be bullied in to doing what the big boys say they have to do. I look at it like this, if my neighbour said to me that i cant have a TV, i know its different, but the principle is the same, I would tell them where to go, and probably say something along the lines of, Who the F@~k do you think you are, telling me what i can and cant do? they say the missile system is as a deterrent , That sounds good enough to me, just another way of saying we wont be bullied. Or am i wrong I? I dont know.

One reason is a goofy stale ideal the DC mafia has coined "American exceptionalism". These international clowns of death & money actually think they are special and can lecture the rest of the world how to behave. Despite the CIA's legacy of illegal meddling in other nations, the US used to have the appearance of "moral superiority"... but that vanished a long time ago.

Today they lecture others on human rights and rule of law, while torturing and denying innocent people due process... blather on about peace & justice while starting illegal wars of aggression where millions suffer that ignore international treaties...

A recent example of this bold face hypocrisy... remember that confused old man mccain lectured russia about how "in the 21st century nations don't invade other nations.".. lool..

All the iran drama is just propaganda, iran hasn't started any wars or done anything other nations don't do to warrant being attacked. The US / israel bromance has found iran guilty of what they might possibly do.. the US govt is so exceptional they can see into the future and just know what iranian leaders will decide... based on these assumptions iran is a boogie-man to be feared.. like saddam, castro, chavez and anyone who laughs at being controlled by the US.

Here is a great article that outlines current illegal US meddling in cuba and venezuela.. the DC mafia find themselves so bitch'in they can over ride the choice of simpleton foreigners and install a govt subservient to washingtons wishes.

www.lewrockwell.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
If Iran is buying the missle tech from the russians still you don't havemuch to worry about. Since the russians newest SLBM test was destroyed last week over norway by an unknown beam weapon. It really dosn't matter. If Norway has something simular to US Haarp, who's to say the US hasn't sold the same tech to Isreal?

Its how the game is played. They sell stuff , we sell stuff, its been going on for along time. This is how the various weapons corporations make billions off everyones fear.

course sooner or later the war wacky religious fanatic will use there new toys, to make the rest of our lives crappy.

It blows.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Some good posts in this thread! A lot of people are supposing that this is just a run up to war with Iran. Iran themselves have been posturing as well, but to be frank so would I if I found myself in Irans position.

The long running debate over Irans nuclear ambitions and weather or not they want nuclear weapons technology seems to me a bit redundant. Of course they want nuclear weapons capability, and if I was a country without that capability I would want it too.

I would ask readers of this post to contemplate how Pakistan would be treated today if they didn't already have nuclear weapons, but were on the verge of acquiring them. To me it is clear that the nuclear club's simple goal is to prevent any new members. Ask yourself why that could be, could it be that the kings on the hill want to dominate, without competition or opposing views?

I want to touch on the saber rattling and the increasing beat on the drums of war. I'm not so sure that Israel will strike Iran by the end of the year, or in early 2010. The global issues are far different than say, Iraq.

People simply assume that the U.S. will automatically join Israel should an actual war break out. People assume the U.K. will assist the U.S. in at least some capacity, and both assumptions are valid. The question is, will an "ACTUAL" war really happen. I doubt it, and for varius reasons.

If Israel were to attack, and if Iran were to retaliate, sucking in an assortment of allies on each side as well as the covert activities of the non-players for each side. It could very well kick off WWIII. Some of the big players in such a scenario would have an immediate and devestating domestic backlash.

This is not 2001 when a large majority of the U.S. supported an invasion of Afghanistan, and wanted revenge for the now suspect attacks on our mainland. This is not 2003 when support was still fairly high and the need to eliminate Saddam, whether overly hyped or not, played on those same emotions from the U.S. populous.

We have to look at the likelihood of war with Iran in 2009 terms. We have to account for the fact that the U.S. has been actively fighting two wars for the better part of a decade. Roughly half of Americans believe we should have never been in Iraq to begin with. Both wars are still on, and Afghanistan is heating up just as Iraq is cooling off. Troops are routinely deployed for their 2nd and 3rd deployments into combat zones. You get my drift?

I strongly doubt that the U.S. populous will support military personal on the ground in Iran. Remember Vietnam? Iraq developed a strong anti war movement in the U.S. and I believe it would have been far stronger had American casualties been on par with Vietnam.

America is absolutely not going to stand for the government to enter a third front in what could develope into world war. Obama knows it and Israel knows it, just as my fellow Americans, and our friends in the E.U. know it. Ahmadinejad knows it too.

What I suspect is that Israel MAY try an airstrike, and that they surely want to re-establish their power. I suspect that they are trying frantically to drum up support for this behind the scenes, because in an age where Iran can accurately target and significantly retaliate against said strike, Israel is afraid to go it alone, and rightly so.

It seems that the saber rattling will continue until Israel gets the go ahead from a coalition before it does anything. I can only hope that it never comes, but I suspect sooner or later, it will. When it does, it will not be Iran who fires the first shot.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

Very good points alienchaser. i certainly agree that the USA cannot afford to be getting themselves into another war just now. Its simply not going to happen.

However, it would not surprise me to see an Israeli airstrike of some sort.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I think we will see the same kind of action that the US took when North Korea fired off their missile tests...

Wait for it...

Oh, nothing to see here. Move along people.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

However, it would not surprise me to see an Israeli airstrike of some sort.

Me neither, the question is Israel brave enough to face retaliation for it.

Now that I think about it, that might just be the plan. Israel does an airstrike, and sits back and waits for Tehran to retaliate. Once the retaliation happens it becomes an excuse to escalate.

We all know that Israel is very proficient with this type of baiting into their pre-arranged plans. I wonder if the international community would seriously be fooled or if they would yet again turn the blind eye. I still doubt there would be any official military support for Israel in that situation. All Israel could hope is for their own situation to get unmanageable and then appeal to their backup for help, once again accomplishing pre-arranged goals.

Edit to add: Israel has grown accustomed to the idea that no matter what they do, and no matter what happens to them, that the world will step in should things ever get rough. This directly relates to their attitude that no matter what happens, they are protected by the biggest bullies on the block. The fear they must now be feeling is that the kids that have always been pushed around, are now growing up themselves.

It might be an interesting few months, but I doubt America will be involved, at least officially, but Barack has already caved to Israel several times.

[edit on 12/16/2009 by AlienChaser]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I hardly see Iran testing a missile as stoking the fires or threatening to their neighbors

I agree with you. I think I should have worded my OP slightly different to say something like, " Seems like Iran are stoking the fire in the eyes of MSM"

But, at the same time I think Iran are certainly playing on the situation right now, exactly as North Korea did a few months back.

There is a very dangerous chess game happening. Political Posturing. And it may not take that much to escalate this out of control.

I dont like the War Drum more than anyone else, but I still feel Iran are like a little boy playing with matches.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

But, at the same time I think Iran are certainly playing on the situation right now, exactly as North Korea did a few months back.

Well look at it this way if you can. Iran is one of about a hundred second world nations.

They don't quite have all the first world luxuries and do keep in mind nuclear weapons do happen to be a 1st world status symbol.

They aren't as dirt poor and disenfranchised as a third world nation.

Yet like Israel, compared to its size and contributions to the world Iran gets a lot of attention.

Primarily because the Shah's son the Prince has a lot of money and a lot of clout and is heir apparent to a very old and prestigious throne dating back to mongul times and that's the Peacock Throne.

Originally the Peackock Throne was India's but Persia carried it off as the spoils of war. Much like the Stone of Scone was once carried off by the British from Scottland.

The Powers that be aim to restore that Throne. Royalty has its privelages.

In a nut shell this is what this is all about. How to get the Iranians to abandon their theocracy for a monarchy again. All this other hooplah is just the pretext to sell it to the masses abroad and within Iran.

Everything is being highly exagerated and blown way out of proportion to do that and of course it is the Western Governments and the International Main Stream Media with Israel that is leading the charge that is bringing this much attention on Iran.

It's a hatchet job, happens in Hollywood all the time. Bad publicity on top of bad publicity, on top of bad publicity. After a while they repeat the same lies over and over again so often that just about anyone and everyone ends up believing them.

So ask yourself this what do you do when you have the spotlight on you and there is no way, no how, no place you can get it off of you?

That's the situation that Iran is in. Even if they just said no comment that would be interpeted in a thousand different sinister ways too.

Even if they say what's akin to the truth, we are a peaceful nation and their track record really proves that, once again no one will believe them because you have at the very least the Zionists and Israelis claiming through poetic translation of the Farsi Language that they are saying this and they are saying that, and it's bad.

Personally Israel is another nation that gets way to much attention for its size.

They do it on purpose its the squeeky wheel gets the grease strategy.

Like Iran they contribute very little to the world at large, in fact less than Iran. Israel is basically a nation of beggars looking for charity that likes to whine and cry a lot.

Yet somehow it got to be a crime to complain if the beggars and whiners just happen to be Jewish.

It's all political theatre and it's all staged and it's all just utter nonsense the world doesn't really need and shouldn't even indulge.

The U.S. sure has its own share of domestic problems, unhappy citizens, unemployed citizens, poor citizens, all of which would be better served if the U.S. Government started trying to do its job at home instead of policing the world for belligerent and charity case nations like Israel.

Nothing good comes from that, begging hands and bleeding hearts will only cry out for more.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Good points ProtoplasmicTraveler. I see your point of view for sure. Iran are in a sticky situation that is like catch 22. Damned if they do, damned if they dont.

where do you see this going in the next year? Surely something has to give here, most likely not in Irans favour?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join