It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

800,000 H1N1 vaccine doses for young children recalled; safety not a concern

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

800,000 H1N1 vaccine doses for young children recalled; safety not a concern

www.cnn.com

One of the five manufacturers supplying H1N1 vaccine to the United States is recalling hundreds of thousands of flu shots because they aren't as potent as they should be.

The company and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention emphasized that the recall was not prompted by safety concerns, and that even though the vaccine isn't quite as potent as it's supposed to be, children who received it don't have to be immunized again against H1N1.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Ok something does not ring true here..

800,000 vaccines recalled destined for our children... why because the strength of the vaccine is 12% lower than it should be??!!??

BUT if you child has had it there is no need for another one?

If it is only 12% and there is no need for another shot ... Why the recall??

A MILLION!!!! , a million children ........ i shudder at the real reasons this has been recalled.

I am So glad my wife listened and agreed with me on the vaccination program ( we have 2 children under 7) that whether the virus is man made, Hyped up media wise or simply not a threat ......

The vaccine has not had enough testing time .... Yes the Pharma company's managed to shift a shed load of Tami flu ( now proven ineffective) but this new vaccine was rushed .. untested and frankly more dangerous than the Swine Flu.

the current statistics are that 28 out of 100,000 (in the U.K) people have died from Swine flu .. this is less than seasonal flu ...

The companies have sold off there old stock.. ok i can overlook that .. lets concentrate on there attempts at immediate profit with a vaccine sold to governments of countries in the batches of millions .. without testing .. and without foresight of any side effects ...

Again if its not dangerous why recall .. what are they not telling us?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
So they are sending out vaccines they do not even know whats contained in it themselves?

The 800,000 do not need another vaccine?

What a joke...

Edit to add: I do not trust a person/group of people who hide information so blatantly. When there are hidden ulterior motives at hand, I stay away.

Hell, the damn salesmen at my gym are more honest than half the people in this world. "I can only give you this offer at this moment in time. I am a businessman, and it is our job to get you to sign up ASAP."

That is what I remember him saying, or along those lines...

MY POINT? If someone can not give you straight talk, do not even bother with them. Now, if they can speak the truth, is it worth it?

No and no in this case.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by FritosBBQTwist]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Tamiflu is not really relevant to the rest of your post, since it is a treatment for the 'Flu. As for recalling a underperforming vaccine, you have to say that it makes sense, and since the baches have been identified, if there were any adverse effects you know where the shots came from.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel

Ok something does not ring true here..

800,000 vaccines recalled destined for our children... why because the strength of the vaccine is 12% lower than it should be??!!??

BUT if you child has had it there is no need for another one?

If it is only 12% and there is no need for another shot ... Why the recall??

Is is just me, or are they (the media) not really talking about this? Its almost like they mention it for just a second so they can say they talked about it, but its one of those blink and you'll miss it situations. I don't know, maybe its just the news that I'm watching (local and national).

Personally, they're probably not making a big deal about it because there will be another wave and another shot after that.

I can see it now, come February (or March), a new wave "appears," and the media plays it up like all hell will break loose again (like they did earlier this year) and there will be a push for the brand new and improved vaccine because the current one will be obsolete.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Tam Flu IS relevant to the overall picture and the story of Swine flu .. because it was pushed as a vaccine to the populace (at least in the U.K) before the swine flu vaccine was ready to implement..

The U.K Government had millions of Batches of Tami flu stocked up and ready to go .. best before dates due to expire next year funny enough. and lots of Tami - flu shots were given as a first line of defense.

Yes the post is about the recall of 800,00 vaccines destined for peoples children , but the comment i made was in relation to the whole swine flu episode....

Any good drugs take 20 years to test , this one was rushed out with fear mongering , big business interests and pure profit in mind...

and the fact that they got us to use our old stocks of useless drugs first is even more despicable...

[edit on 15/12/09 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I think this is a huge story and no one is covering it!

How is it that the ptb don't know whats in 1 million shots yet they tell us this is safe to take? Wow

Seriously I'm so glad I skipped the free shot!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by riddle6

The swine flu hype has died down recently , it seems the mass populace are wiser than first thought and lots of people refused the vaccines.

I am not surprised that this is only mentioned briefly in the media.. again if after this shot there is no need for another shot .. and this is safe to take .. then why recall?

Why because there is something wrong with them that could hurt people its obvious .. i believe this exercise is called damage limitation.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I wonder if there is a way to get a recalled shot to keep for lab analysis.

I would bet money there is more to this shot than what meets the eye

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

Hi Quant,
I was trying to point out that Tamiflu is not a vaccine, it is an antibiotic and most of it is old and nearly out of date. As I said, it is a treatment for when you already HAVE Flu,' not an immuniser.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
It isn't selling well - recall it to recoup losses from insurance perhaps or for tax write off?

new topics

top topics

join