It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Updated Rights Of Sovereign Humans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
1. The Right to Clean Food, Air, and Water.
2. The Right to Shelter
3. The Right to Travel Freely
4. The Right to QUALITY Healthcare
5. The Right to a REAL education
6. The Right to explore consciousness with mind altering substances in a responsible manner.
7. The Right to grow and use any plants that have evolved on this earth alongside us
8. The Right to pursue whichever path one desires as long as they do not harm anyone else

Overall I feel that these should be the rights of all humans.
Come on people I'm sure you can think of plenty more, Please do.

Please Flag.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
6 and 7 will likely turn some away, to be honest.

how bout just the right to pursue spirituality or explore ourselves in any way we see fit as long as it does not infringe on the health or safety of another being.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
If you have the right to clean air, food and water....

just exactly WHO has the responsibility of providing these things if you can't or won't provide them for yourself??

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I think that anything one can do with their own person is a right. Anything else one gets/needs, where outside help is required, is a priviledge.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
My point exactly Heyo

A "right" is actually a negative thing. For example: The right not to be restrained without due process.

Granting this "right" to a human being merely requires that others refrain from laying their hands on others.

The right to food is a positive right. It requires that if someone cannot provide for themselves, then others must pay funds or is some reasonable fashion provide them with food, clean air and water.

You cannot have rights that are positives without imposing a burden on others. It is not a human right to impose a burden on another human being.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by double_frick

Sounds much better

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I feel that all of these things could be achieved if we didn't run the world completely backwards. The world is a completely different place when we look at everyone as tiny parts of the larger organism() Would there be any war? would you let your(self) die? We can learn to look out for one another, we do it naturally, a lot of people are still just brainwashed into being racist.
How would you actually go to war if you didn't have a slight amount of hatred for your enemy?

That seems irrelevant to the thread but that's my point. We don't have any enemies. Stop believing all of the nonsense and it will stop. Realize that we are not one world but that we are one.

I mean i know everyone has heard that millions of times, but just take the time and think about it for a while, maybe meditate on it if you've never done so.

Once your are able to look at the world in this way my list looks extremely basic, and needs to be added to and refined. Add your own and let's see what we can come up with.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by someguy420
2. The Right to Shelter
6. The Right to explore consciousness with mind altering substances in a responsible manner.
7. The Right to grow and use any plants that have evolved on this earth alongside us
8. The Right to pursue whichever path one desires as long as they do not harm anyone else

Come on people I'm sure you can think of plenty more, Please do.

Please Flag.

I will respond to this because of my compulsion to react to lists like these....

Presumably, this is to say that all people should have a healthy environment, free from toxins and harmful waste. That to deny such an environment as is necessary to support and maintain a person's existence is contrary to acceptable human conduct.

Yet, toxins and waste are a byproduct of nearly every human activity. Therefore, in order to provide for the positive action of securing this right, all those who produce waste which could be construed as offenders against this right, making necessary some consequence, or having to 'pay for' (somehow,) the unavoidable 'price' of the nature of things such as metabolsim.

Since every enterprise, and every undertaking of human progress impacts the enviornment somehow, it follows that someone's "rights" will always 'qualify' as being 'breached', hence such a right is a guarantee of conflict and contention.

The right you seek as stated is not reconcileable with societal activities.

I don't disagree with the intent, but it must be restated to allow for the fact that technically, every time we exhale or eliminate waste, we are impacting the remainder of society. Everytime we engage in what we can loosely define a progress or enterprise, we are guilty of some violation of this precept.

2. The Right to Shelter

Which is to say what? That if I find a hole to live in - once there - I cannot be compelled to leave? That someone must provide for me to have a location in which to store all my crap? That ultimatley I have a right to a certain amount of space in from which to conduct the business of living my life, raising my kids, sleeping, eating, etc.?

This raises many potential problems. How much space is 'enough'? What if there is no space available without impinging onthe space of others? Who 'deserves' more... people with more kids? What happens when those kids grow up, where does the news space come from?

Does it mean that an overpopulated area has the right to simply move in to a sparsely populated area?

Again, the priciple is sound, but the wording will lead to conflict.

Would this include the right to move over, onto, or through someone else's property? Would this not open up some very troubling issues insofar as peoples who are displaced, through no fault of their own, by war, climate changes, or economics?

I too have a disdain for the way lines are drawn on maps and then we are suddenly responsible to "obey" them. I also believe that if my family or friends or business require me to move about, the government, nor anyone else should slap contrived restrictions or legal blocks to my freedom to move about in the course of my life.

But one right necessarily threatens another in this case, and how such a right could be defended is a challenge that could never be eliminated.

And what if QUALITY health care is not available? Who determines what QUALITY health care is? The service provider? The financial middlemen? The academic community? Political ideologues? Lawyers?

There are many questions. mostly skirted or obfuscated by the corporate/governemnt types, that must be defined and codified before such a right can be attributed to any person on the planet. Access, standards, and accountability, for example.

This is obviously a political issue now. But in the end, it will prove to be a business issue. Unless paradigms shift and politicians become isolated from the corporate agenda..., OR if the medical community divorces itself from the profit model.

I'll hop right on the soap-box with you on this one. Unfortuantely, we have decended into a culture where political expedience outweighs facts. I'm not sure we can expect anyone to enforce a rule that would lead to their embarrassment or exposure to accusation.

While I believe access to the truth should be a right, and as far as I am concerned IS a right, such a poistion is of no consequence to the organizations planning out what 'education' is supposed to achieve. For the most powerful and entrenched interests - the purpose of education is profit. For the zealous it is indoctrination. For the remainder it is social currency. None of those three have anything to do with learning - interesting that.

I see where you are headed with this. You would be thwarted in your pursuit of this as a 'right'. In order for the right to exist you must take away the "with" clause....

I think this is meant to go along side number 6. The problems there are the same as the problems in this one.

You will have to define 'path' to make this stick. It is so vague as to beg exclusion from the list.

Peace

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
There's nothing 'sovereign' about having things provided for you.

Sounds more like you just want to be a pot-head on a free ride.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
There's nothing 'sovereign' about having things provided for you.

Sounds more like you just want to be a pot-head on a free ride.

quit stomping out my dreams!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Yet, toxins and waste are a byproduct of nearly every human activity. Therefore, in order to provide for the positive action of securing this right, all those who produce waste which could be construed as offenders against this right, making necessary some consequence, or having to 'pay for' (somehow,) the unavoidable 'price' of the nature of things such as metabolsim.

Since every enterprise, and every undertaking of human progress impacts the enviornment somehow, it follows that someone's "rights" will always 'qualify' as being 'breached', hence such a right is a guarantee of conflict and contention.

The right you seek as stated is not reconcileable with societal activities.

I don't disagree with the intent, but it must be restated to allow for the fact that technically, every time we exhale or eliminate waste, we are impacting the remainder of society. Everytime we engage in what we can loosely define a progress or enterprise, we are guilty of some violation of this precept.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Maxmars]

Number 8 as long as it doesn't harm others, The corporations that are more like a cancer on this planet, polluting the earth with real toxins(not Co2). I honestly feel that they should not have that right.
You guys are just tripping over the words, and not fully understanding the meaning or intent. This is not about a free ride, it's about really being free. If people didn't have to slave away at their terrible jobs to pay the debt from their incomplete schooling. Or even just to get by, They could study for as long as it took for them to decide what they really wanted to do in life. Then we could actually have meaningful professions, where you could actually feel like your doing something for the planet.

As far as the substances, once again it's about really being free, not about drugs. people should have the freedom to explore their own consciousness.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Rewrite if you'd like if you don't like the word right change it. This is totally open ended. What Freedoms do you feel you should have. What rights do you feel you should have? The rights of the Constitution?

If you don't already know The Constitution doesn't give you any rights. You are "born with these rights". It is up to you to use them. Nobody uses them anymore. You don't need to be granted the privelege/license to drive if you were born with the right to travel.

We essentially are also born with the rights that I list as well. but we were all born into the corperatocracy. There are police everywhere and it seems we have no rights. When in fact we are unaware that we are bound by nothing but our own consciousness.

HERE IS MY UPDATED VERSION
1. everyone is born with total freedom, governed by their own conscience, free to go about life in any way they choose as long as they don't harm or blatantly abuse anyone in the process

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Agreeing with what everyone else has said vis a vis the concept of rights vs. privileges, I do have to agree with the OP on one:

"3. The Right to Travel Freely"

Aside from the right to travel as implied in the Privileges and Immunities Clause of the Constitution, the ancient Nordic right of allemansrätten is one of two legal concepts - in addition to the Clameur de Haro - that should have been codified into the Bill of Rights, in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

And who pays for your "rights?"
What about the rights of those who you want to pay for your rights?

So you need another "right"

9. The Right to force others to pay for my rights!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

You don't need to be granted the privelege/license to drive if you were born with the right to travel.

Except that even if born with the right to travel that does not mean you do not need a vehicle licence - it is not a right to travel by car.... you can always walk!

We essentially are also born with the rights that I list as well

Actually, you are not.

top topics

join