It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! Possible UFO sighting.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Help! Possible UFO sighting.

www.firstcoastnews.com

I live in Saint Augustine, Florida. And I think I saw a UFO.

This article is irrelevant but I just didn't know how to post anything without using an article. So you can ignore that if you want.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Sunday night I was standing on my front porch talking to my mom on the phone as I was looking up at the sky, it was half cloudy half clear, but as I said I was looking up when I saw a fireball looking object which I at the time assumed was a falling star fell at an angle. This only lasted less then 3 seconds, and I do not remember if it was in the clear or below the clouds, so as I continued staring astonished into the night sky I didn't see anything for about 30 seconds when I looked to my southeast and behind the clouds I saw a HUGE rotating white light. I considered all of the possibilites like a light at a car dealership, or a sporting event, but I asked my friends later that night if there was anything special going on since I live in a rather rural location far from any businesses, and they all said no. Now when I say the area of the light was HUGE I mean it was probably just behind the clouds and spun at 360 degrees, and encircled around a .25 mile long by .25 mile wide area. The light was white and continued on for around 20 minutes. Then the clouds were beginning to move away and it began to turn clear where the light was in the sky, but the lights followed the clouds staying behind them.

What are all of the possibilites? A UFO? A light display of soome sort, even though there is now businesses around? or any other suggestions. And could that falling fireball have anything to do with it?

Please forgive me if this is not very professional since this is only my 3rd posting. Oh and another thing, I checked online, local newspapers, and the local news, but have seen nothing about this.

www.firstcoastnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-12-2009 by Misoir]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

The first object you saw was more than likely a Geminid meteor. The shower's peak was on the same night.

The second light you observed sounds just like a spotlight, as you said.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I agree with CHUD, as that is the most probable explanation. In the future you should log your sightings (if your ever lucky enough to have more than one that is) with MUFON or some other group so national folks can reference it just in case it fits a piece in the bigger puzzle.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Yes I agree this sounds like a meteor, where in the world are you anyway??

Im in London and witnessed something strange in the sky on Saturday night.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by justjoemusic]

join