It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet filter gets green light

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Nonchalant

The problem is the Liberals were the ones to set this filter in motion.

This is why we're not seeing much opposition to it, apart from a few of the smaller parties.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

I had hopes that this would have failed at the trail period...turns out it hasn't.

What's stupid about this is it so easy to get around any kind of filter, the one the government wants to implement is no different. So the people who they say it's designed to stop won't be stopped, in fact it will drive them further underground hiding behind proxy servers and the like.

I hope this gets blocked in the senate next year.

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

If it's so easy to get around, then what does it matter if it's implemented or not?
Why do you hope it gets blocked in the senate next year?

Contradictory post really.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by BLV12

It's not contradictory.

Why should an innocent online user have to use proxy servers and the like to access sites like ATS? Not saying ATS will be blocked but if the government deems it inappropriate for whatever reason, it'll get blocked.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
This is what we call censorship* i remember in the 80's a few political people tried to tell bans thier lyrics were im appropriate, evil disgusting..example twissted sister* he went ot court ov erit, and the jury founded twisted sister was constitutional* A death metal band in the 90's canibal corpse, a sick vile and disgusting their covers were, alos were tried to be disbanded and censored. outside o being banned from playing in certain states and many countrys, they are still around today. why? they stood up and fought for the right to say what you want, when you want....and its not offensive, as long as its not in yuor interests. If yuod ont like, dont buy it, or think about it!

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
The Government just don't want to let up on this issue. They have been told time and time again that the multitude of negative consequences that would result from such a Filter would far outweigh the small number of benefits.

It's a real shame that ordinary citizens are not allowed to voice their opinions on the matter. We are having this Internet Filter shoved onto us without any say in the matter and it seems like there is nothing we can do.

I wonder what Mr. Rudd's views on the matter will be? Probably along the lines of "we will see what transpires...I have experts working on it and will listen to what they say"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join