It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All You Crazy People!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I was driving tonight and caught myself following an airplane in the sky. I often catch myself doing this and I zoned out and thought about why I am so interested in what is up in the sky.

I have been interested in ETs and UFO since I was very young and I remembered an incident which probably subconsciously sparked my interest in this subject.

I was on a group trip to Big Bear and I remember seeing several lights in the sky moving very awkwardly. They were dancing around and making very sharp turns. I couldn't keep my eyes off of them. However, even at that young age, I remember rationalizing.

I thought that there was a mountain that I couldn't see because it was so dark and the lights were cars or vehicles on the the surface of the mountain doing whatever they were doing.

I haven't really thought about that incident until tonight and thought I would share with the rest of the ATS community.

What are some experiences that you've had that sparked your interest in UFO and out of this world phenomenon? And more importantly, is there any kind of severe mental/emotional trauma that you have experienced that would alter your sense of attachment to this world.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
No your crazy!

I guess its the search for answers that has sparked my interests in the unknown. Im sure its the same case for many others.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
yeah.. thats just insane. LMFAO relax mate. we're all allowed to be a touch psychotic. Would oyu prefer your insanity in the form of violence or mild belief that we might be part of something larger than ourselves?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I saw something once that I've wondered about to this day.

Coming home from an all-night cram session in grad school. It's late fall, about 3:00 in the morning, and very dark. I'm driving back roads through the mountains.

I come to an intersection in the road and stop. I'm facing a small-sized mountain/very large hill which is approximately 2 miles away.

As I'm sitting at the stop sign, I notice something right above the mountain. It's a series of white lights that are not moving. The shape suggested by the lights is triangular or boomerang shaped.

For the next ten minutes, I sit and watch these lights, because I've never seen anything like it before. There are about 5 lights on at once, in a row; the far right light slowly dims and fades out, followed immediately by a new light on the far left slowly flaring into existence.

The entire shape was larger than the mountain/hill. I'm terrible with relative sizes so I have no idea how big that translates to be, but suffice it to say it was large.

The entire time I watched it, I did not feel scared or spooked. Just awed, and shocked.

This was about 10 years ago, but I can remember it very clearly. I wouldn't classify it as a defining point of my life, but it was certainly interesting.

Keep smiling!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
you know,I don't think it's crazy at all.I saw something one time in my life, the problem was/is i was drinking with 5 other guys in the woods. We saw something because 40years later a few of us remember that night.What was it? don't know.

I think the point is this, we have a problem we need to get past ASAP and that problem is the "giggle factor". If someone says they believe in GOD we think nothing off it, but if someone says they believe in UFOs they think your a nut case.

I believe the "giggle factor" can be traced to a cover-up,misinformation, and as a way to keep people from talking about UFOs.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
What sparked my interest was way back, when Whitley Schreiber's Communion book came out. I was walking by it in the bookstore and my eyes caught the cover picture of an alien. I felt like the air was knocked out of me and I stood there staring at it.

After that, alot of childhood memories began to surface that suddenly began to make more sense. Like how I'd wake up at three in the morning to this strange metalic sound outside - it sound like two metal garbage can lids being rubbed together over and over. I remember as a kid, wondering who would be outside that time of night rubbing can lids. It was so loud that I was surprised it didn't wake the neighborhood. Then I also remembered looking out my bedroom window, which was right next to a driveway, and having these huge bright lights shining in my eyes. At the time I thought they were headlights because it was the driveway, but the lights were HUGE and higher up and so bright I couldn't see what was behind them.

So, yeah, that Communion book set me off on my quest for more knowledge of ETs, about 20 years ago or so. Other experiences have happened since then and more memories have surfaced.

So, yeah, life can be more crazy than you know

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The Tesla flight school is HUGE.
Where do we sign up.
Ask about the Tesla craft instead of ETs flying about if you
want answers.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Its a combination of things that made me as interested as I am in the numerous elements of alternative thought.
For a start I have been interested in astrophyics for a long time, when I was young I used to read like a badass, and absorbed tonnes of books on the planets, and the galaxy beyond. I postulated that spiral galaxies might have black holes in thier centres when I was ten years old, having just had a bath , and observed the way that the beach sand I had washed off, revolved around the plug hole. By that age I was already aware that mathematicaly speaking , the chances of us being the only life in the universe were between slim and not a chance in hell, so I began to think about these things seriously.
Shortly after that I went to senior school , which was sort of a five year long knife fight, where I was the only one without a knife. Kinda stunted my learning a little there. And that phase is what got me thinking about politics and social decay. Got out of that at age 16, went to college and met some people who made me confident that my thoughts were worth something, and then two years ago, I witnessed some lights over a nearby town that didnt seem to fit any aircraft design I knew of . Saw them a couple of times before figuring that they were almost certainly chinese lanterns. Now at 24 , I have been studying all sorts of things that the government dont like people knowing about , just to annoy the ptb. May they rot in the pit.
The other thing that interests me about the idea of UFO is basicaly this: Wouldnt it be interesting to see if there is a better system of class and existance as a social being, than the models for society we have here on earth? Wouldnt it be wonderful to know , that something made it past the point we are at? Wouldnt that give us such tremendous hope , and faith that we can achieve good things before we perish as a species? Theres so much about this subject that I find absolutely fascinating , I just really hope we can get the truth in our lifetimes.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Kudos on your insights!

I must say I agree that it would be very nice to know that species can eventually overcome the problems and foibles that plague ours.

As for me I was a hardcore doubting thomas of a skeptic. I believed life was out there in the universe but that it just simply had never come our way given the vast distances of space.

Then one day I was smoking a belmont out in my backyard and looking at the pitiful five stars I can see in the city sky when another pinpoint of light shot across the night from the east and stopped dead above my head and shot off at a 90 degree angle to the north and disappeared. The whole event took less than two seconds but had me stunned. I don't know of anything in space that naturally, is capable of such movement (Although my knowledge of space is limited compared to many on this site.)

After that I have kept a far more open mind.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by thebulldog

Interesting... seems like you must have seen something which defies all the standard movement styles of both interatmospheric craft, and also the orbital debris that is forever zooming about our neighborhood of space!
Not to put too fine a point on it, there arent really any scientificaly verified phenomena that behave that way , not even ball lightning is so precise with its movement. I hate to make assumptions, but it would seem that some sort of self determination was present in order for such a course change to occur.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Yes I always wondered about it. For a time I toyed with the idea that it may have been some form of debris or some such object affected by earths gravity but I have no scientific basis for the assumption. One part of me wants to believe it was something spectacular but I still feel that I may have missed a mundane explanation. I know light can play tricks when its reflected in the atmoshpere and that is the explanation I think about most nowadays.

I suppose unless a ship lands on parliament hill I won't ever really know one way or the other

Your input is greatly appreciated. Its the reason I come here to learn from people who have a great understanding of the sciences than I.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
At this point I think the only crazy ones are those who stick their head in the sand and refuse to face the facts - that too many credible witnesses have seen these crafts, too many credible people have suffered abductions but yet it's some form of mass delusion?

Or maybe in true reality, we should stop putting blind faith in our leaders and realize that there's a whole lot out there beyond what our current notions of science can handle and keep an open mind.

I used to pooh pooh UFO's until I saw one, and I used to make fun of ghosts and the paranormal until I lived in a haunted apartment.

I think what holds people back is the fear that if these phenomenon really are real, then how much of the world we live in is just a fragile lie.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 52Telecaster

You described exactly my thinking prior to my own experience with an Unidentified Flying Object. It was at right angles with my perception of reality and to acknowledge I didn't know what I thought I knew was a very strange feeling.

But I think ultimately you are correct about the reasons why. I would not think for myself but rather had FAITH in what I read in the papers and was told by my government. I allowed them to form my beliefs and what was possible and what was not. When I saw something that defied those limitations it put me in a place where those same perveyors of "truth" (their brand of it anyways) would only laugh and call me a tin foil hat wearer.

Being disenfranchised by the established media kickstarted me thinking for myself.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjohen

What are some experiences that you've had that sparked your interest in UFO and out of this world phenomenon?

1980, Tybee Island, Georgia. A pair of orange/amber spheres that floated about over the Savannah River and then a second sighting off of old Fort Screven of a single sphere.

I had grown up on these islands and knew what was supposed to be where, including the Coast Guard Station and buoys.

Whatever it was, it hung stationary in the air for a friend of mine and I to witness for maybe 5 minutes... before winking away into nothingness.

That was the first, what I would call genuine, encounter.

And more importantly, is there any kind of severe mental/emotional trauma that you have experienced that would alter your sense of attachment to this world.

In this world, who hasn't had this? Over the years, I've lost friends and family members... and I also served in the armed forces during the Vietnam era.

If anything, life experiences tend to make us stronger and galvanize us to reality. It strengthens our characters and cements our convictions.

top topics

join