It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions of Bush administration e-mails recovered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Millions of Bush administration e-mails recovered

Computer technicians have recovered about 22 million Bush administration e-mails that the Bush White House had said were missing, two watchdog groups that sued over the documents announced Monday.

The e-mail controversy dates back to the Bush administration's 2006 firing of the top federal prosecutors in nine cities. After congressional committees demanded the administration produce documents related to the firings, the White House said millions of e-mails might have been lost from its servers. Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington and the National Security Archive sued over the issue in 2007, arguing the Bush administration violated federal laws that require presidential records to be preserved.

Source

It says it may take 5-10 years for The National Archives to sort through all the emails and be made public since there is obviously some emails that do not fall under the freedom of information act.

So I'm willing to bet that we are going to see a bunch of edited/blacked-out emails in the coming years explaining nothing. But I guess we'll have to wait and see.

What makes this interesting to me is, why in the first place were these emails hidden from the government? What does Bush have to hide now?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I thought that once President Obama started to work his magic and
turn this country around, we could turn our attention to things that
Bush might have done illegally. But it's looking like the Obama
magic was nothing but smoke and mirrors. Very disappointing.

new topics

join