It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever considered that ATS welcomes debunking ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I have a sneaking suspision that the site we are affiliated to is actually a government owned site . Have you ever wondered why there is a large group of debunkers who more or less lurk on evey topic and make it their sole porpose to debunk every out of the ordinary idea that we put forward and why they are tolerated by the MODS ?

I made I fleeting criticism towards a ATS member (renowned for his debunking) earlier today and recieved countless U2U's from ATS mod's telling me that this was a NO NO .

I Always had my doubts about the agenda of this site and if you don't believe me , try criticising one of the regular debunkers and then count the minutes to you recieving a warning by the MODS via U2U

I challenge ATS to let this thread air and answer any questions from members that may arise.....

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Was the member participating in the thread?
That matters a lot imo. If not it's similar to talkin' #.
Lol I kind of know what you mean though. I just started watching Dexter and when i lurk around some of the posters remind me of him.
Some of them also remind me of Lloyd off of dumb and dumber.......Sampsonite.
In order to attract the greatest minds a large amount of skepticism is needed. It's kind of like the ceo bailouts maybe.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Personal attacks agains members are not allowed. Hence the U2U's.
So you wany ATS to be a cheerleading site? Just post something and everyone oooo's and aaaaah's and agrees? Then you are very serious about discerning what is true or not.
I've been called a paid disinfo agent. What a laugh. I post only when something interests me, I ignore 99% of threads. When I am motivated to post, I am HIGHLY motivated. That's when I see utter tripe being passed off as fact. when falshoods are passed as truth, what's the point? Who learns? Why even bother to try to interact with other people and views. try not being so dogmatic, you might LEARN something.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mjtwelve
I have a sneaking suspision that the site we are affiliated to is actually a government owned site . Have you ever wondered why there is a large group of debunkers who more or less lurk on evey topic and make it their sole porpose to debunk every out of the ordinary idea that we put forward and why they are tolerated by the MODS ?

I made I fleeting criticism towards a ATS member (renowned for his debunking) earlier today and recieved countless U2U's from ATS mod's telling me that this was a NO NO .

I Always had my doubts about the agenda of this site and if you don't believe me , try criticising one of the regular debunkers and then count the minutes to you recieving a warning by the MODS via U2U

I challenge ATS to let this thread air and answer any questions from members that may arise.....

Of course ATS welcomes debunking. Do you want a conspiracy site that only allows members to post theories and not have them challenged?
Otherwise what would be the point?

You obviously broke the T&Cs, hence the warning.

And yet another anti ATS thread pops up.....

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mjtwelve

Why would you need to challenge a debunker or insult them?

Debate them and provide evidence and logic and there'll be no problem.

I think ATS welcomes arguments and opinions from all sides.

Were it not for "debunkers" or "skeptics/sceptics" then there would be no ATS.

And did you have to make a thread about it.... another... "does/is ATS blah" thread.... like we need more.

:shk:

[edit on 14/12/09 by blupblup]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

What exactly did you say then?

It was probably:

a) Against the T & C's
b) Off topic to the thread in question

Why would you want to criticise the debunkers anyway? Thats an immature and childish approach to tackle someone with a differing opinion.

Instead of petty name calling, how about using some of your own logic to try and disprove their point, or is that too hard?

Like I said, if you dont like two sides to an argument, go visit another conspiracy website which is full of lunatics and those with an unbalanced mind. They will believe anything, and you wont have to worry about people disagreeing with you

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

Personal attacks agains members are not allowed. Hence the U2U's.
So you wany ATS to be a cheerleading site? Just post something and everyone oooo's and aaaaah's and agrees? Then you are very serious about discerning what is true or not.
I've been called a paid disinfo agent. What a laugh. I post only when something interests me, I ignore 99% of threads. When I am motivated to post, I am HIGHLY motivated. That's when I see utter tripe being passed off as fact. when falshoods are passed as truth, what's the point? Who learns? Why even bother to try to interact with other people and views. try not being so dogmatic, you might LEARN something.

Hold that dog back a minute . You know nothing of the situation that I reported in the OP , so why make a statement telling me to not be so dogmatic . Just goes to prove my point that ill read people such as you are dragging this great site down.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Just my point that you guys only read what you want to read . At no point in my OP did I state that I insulted anybody . No wonder threads go on so long on this site , It's becuase so few people can be bothered to FULLY read the original post .

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Just my point that you guys only read what you want to read . At no point in my OP did I state that I insulted anybody . No wonder threads go on so long on this site , It's becuase so few people can be bothered to FULLY read the original post .

Well in that case tell us what happened and what you said which got you a warning. We can only go on the vague OP you presented us with.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
ATS welcomes discussion. Even if you consider opinions contrary to yours to be "debunking", it is still part of the discussion.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

actually i am more worried about those who come up with crazy ideas and make the rest of us who believe(in whatever) look like nutjobs.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by marsvolta]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Why would you need to challenge a debunker or insult them?

Debate them and provide evidence and logic and there'll be no problem.

Agreed the best way to handle the situation is with logic. Out think them and if you loose then you loose. No need to get all bent out of shape.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Regardless, there are going to be debunkers. It happens. Any site has its "trolls". For us, it's debunkers and deflection. That doesn't mean the website is government run, it means anyone can create an account and post their opinions.

Are opinion unwelcome? I feel if we can post conspiracy, other people should be able to post a level headed response, so to speak. It's balance. Come on, this place is crazy enough as it is...why do we need to resort to having a conspiracy about a conspiracy based website?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I know dude...

There are some seriously whiny people on ATS recently.

I had a guy the other day start a thread complaining about me being a jerk??
A mod closed it so it was no big deal.... but man??

What the F@*$ is happening on ATS with these whiny little tattle-tales?

Grow some, peeps.

Debate... be firm and fierce but fair and, as slayer says, admit when you're wrong and be humble..

The way it used to be.

[edit on 14/12/09 by blupblup]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Basically, the opening post in this thread equates to ''Believe what I believe and if you don't you're a debunker and therefore you should not be here''

If a subject has any worth then it should withstand a good debunking anyway so what's the problem?

I really don't understand why it bothers people that attempts are made to debunk subjects, it's absolutely essential as far as I'm concerned, if you can't understand why I say it's essential then you might as well pack up and move to la la land where everyone will agree with everything you say and you'll live happily ever after.

The end.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The motto of this site is "DENY IGNORANCE" is it not? If we kicked out all "de-bunkers" and only allowed people with the "conspiracy" argument to occupy this site, wouldn't we only be talking to ourselves?

What could be more ignorant than that?

Yeah there are people that come on here to be rude and smash people's theories into the dirt and plainly be an a-hole, but just ignore those people.

In other words, don't argue with idiots. they'll drag you down to their mental level and then beat you with experience.

ATS should welcome open minded individuals who have a sound and credible argument to debate a given conspiracy theory. Its the pursuit of the truth that matters, and you will never find the truth without other perspectives and evidence.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Have you ever considered that ATS welcomes debunking ?

Actually, regardless of what I may think of debunkers, career skeptics, or my second ex who took nearly everything I owned, I do hope that they are welcomed here to ATS to present their views. Just because they may disagree with any number of members here doesn't make them any less as far as having a right to speak their minds.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I have a sneaking suspision that the site we are affiliated to is actually a government owned site .

Have you ever considered that posting such a comment can easily be classified as a personal insult and attack toward me?

Mark, Simon, and myself have been very public and up-front about our intentions and ownership structure of The Above Network, LLC, and have repeatedly stated there is not now nor has there ever been any governmental influence of any type.

So... tell us we're essentially "government shills" is a direct insult and attack... not just on us owners, but on the dozens of volunteer moderators who work hard to make this a well-run venue where nearly any topic may be examined.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

The fact that it isn't against the terms and conditions set forward in the membership agreement might go a long way towards explaining why debunking is tolerated by Mods.

It's kind of silly being against free speech when it comes to people disagreeing with you, considering the nature of the website.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Why would you want to criticise the debunkers anyway? Thats an immature and childish approach to tackle someone with a differing opinion.

Instead of petty name calling, how about using some of your own logic to try and disprove their point, or is that too hard?

Like I said, if you dont like two sides to an argument, go visit another conspiracy website which is full of lunatics and those with an unbalanced mind. They will believe anything, and you wont have to worry about people disagreeing with you

I will say it here, again

1) - There is a lot of scientific based forums. In there you are welcomed to put your topics and being debunked from a scientific point of view. ATS is becoming that. A place where any "galileo" will be put to sleep easily because of the current status quo knowledge. We are losing our common sense and open mind, because of the DENY IGNORANCE which is being taken too far.

We miss another kind of debunking

Something along the lines of:

"Science today tells us this. So from that perspective what you say is not posibble. But we know that our knowledge as a human race is still limited, so i disagree what you say but maybe you need to backup more your theory and find some plausible way to make it work"

Thats for me

- Logical debunking and Open mind....

If we dont have an open mind ¿Why the hell we are here?

¿Whats the difference with a phisics forum?

¿Whats the point of "debating" with a lot of "Sheldons" (TBBT) ?

Debunking is welcomed... But killing threads or ATSusers , can kill motivation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join