It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steorn is back!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I think Steorn has had its fair of bad luck since its first public demonstration back in 2007 but it's back now with all the problems solved.

Since this news is probably going to break tommorow consider this thread an early scoop on what's to come tomorrow

dispatchesfromthefuture.com...

The demonstration will be open to the public and will be streamed online.

Spread the news.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
A breif rundown on what exactly Steorn actually is would be helpful.

MessOnThefED!

[edit on 14-12-2009 by MessOnTheFED!]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Hmmm. I hate to sound so ignorant and all but.

Care to share a secret with me?

What the heck is Steorn?

Thanks for the info. Your link did not really explain anything about it.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
www.steorn.com...

company that claims to have some free energy source that will alter the way we live. they held a demonstration, it didn't work. they apologized for screwing up and now they're back for a second demonstration.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Search functionns such as google or even the search function on this website are a great tool and using them may dramatically improve your lives. Is the Steorn device the Orbo or is it a newer version. I hope this one works!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I wonder if it is going to work this time.

It will be interesting if it does. But I doubt it is anything close to free energy.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
well, this better work...failure is not an option for this company, since the 2007 event went down the toilet. some investors tend to seek out the seedier side of life for revenge.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Yeah, Steorn really left a bad taste in many a mouth. Whatever happened to the infamous "scientific review of the technology" supposed to have been done by carefully selected, highly qualified scientists and what not. Makes me want to fire up my coal oven just thinking about all the BS Steorn pulled.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
It's not going to work this time either. It will not be a true over-unity device, whatever it is.

Result 1 - Steorn says it worked on some level, and more people invest.

Result 2 - They say dang it, it will work next time, and people still invest.

It's a confidence scam. I challenge Steorn to prove me wrong.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by Protostellar]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
www.steorn.com...

Well, the live streams are up, or at least 1 is, and it seems to work.... surprisingly enough.

Just hope they get some proper scientific recognition this time around.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by Drexon]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Drexon

They got proper scientific recognition last time. And that recognition proved that they were full of crap. Now, I am among the many that would LOVE for something like this to come through.

Oh yeah, I have to give props to these guys. They were the ones that initially got me to this site via their board.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by broli

I've just had a look at their live streams and there is not much to see. There is something spinning behind a mountain of perspex.

I did sign up with Steorn long ago as an engineer willing to test their device and sent off my qualifications etc but I didn't receive a response.

I would guess that they have a system that keeps a a low friction flywheel (using their low friction magnetic bearings) running off a single cell for a while and I would guess the flywheel is spun up by hand or some other external force such as a drill. It doesn't appear to be a proper demonstration of an OU device. If the Orbo was connected to a generator that was powering a plasma TV continuously from a single D cell then I would be impressed.

And of course they are now selling access to the Steorn Knowledge Development Database for only EU419. What great value

new topics

top topics

join