It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen King pays for troops' trip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Stephen King pays for troops' trip

Dec. 13, 2009, 1:40 PM EST

BANGOR, Maine (AP) -- Author Stephen King and his wife are donating money so 150 soldiers from the Maine Army National Guard can come home for the holidays.

King and his wife, Tabitha, who live in Bangor, are paying $13,000 toward the cost of two bus trips so that members of the 3rd Battalion, 172nd Infantry Unit can travel from Camp Atterbury in Indiana to Maine for Christmas. The soldiers left Maine last week for training at Camp Atterbury. They are scheduled to depart for Afghanistan in January.

Julie Eugley, one of King's personal assistants, told the Bangor Daily News that the Kings were approached about giving $13,000.

Link

I have never been rich, so I am possibly not completely understanding the "ins and outs" of such a lifestyle, but...

I would like to think that if I was, I would give back as much as I could to help others. This is a nice gesture, but what if other rich people did something similar?

How much better would any number of peoples lives be?

Semper

[edit on 12/13/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Indeed my respects go to Stephen King for doing this . I was having a discussion at a BBQ along these lines and after we rightfully trashed those Corporates frauds who took bail out money I tried to add some balance to the conversation . I pointed how Bill Gates and his wife have a done a lot of work via the Gates Foundation . High income earners with the support of the wider community can do far more to help build a better society then any government program .

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
He's probably feeling guilty for shooting John Lennon.

join