It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban can be admired, says UK army bishop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Taliban can be admired, says UK army bishop

www.heraldsun.com.au

THE Taliban can be admired for conviction to their faith and sense of loyalty to one another, the new bishop of Britain's armed forces said.

The Church of England's Right Reverend Stephen Venner said it would be harder to reach a peaceful solution to the war in Afghanistan if the Taliban insurgents were all portrayed as "pure evil".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

The bishop said that some of their methods of combat were not honourable or acceptable, but argued that it was unhelpful to demonise them.

Like bombing public places with drones in the hope to kill somoene? No wait, the Taliban don't have drones... it must be another army that I'm thinking of that uses indiscriminate bombing.

I don't know how to take his comments. At face value, he seems to be expressing his honest opinion, so good for him. Then again, he's a high ranking official, who believes in fairytale supernatural beigns and he's supposed to be some kind of 'leader' amongst his flock.

He's the perfect person to use to sell the propaganda and encourage more meat puppets to think that they're fighting for the greater good.

Meh... Middle East wars... I think I'm over them now. We're past the point of even trying to make sense of them.

www.heraldsun.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I guess that ripping women's eyes out, and shooting them in public for "allowing" someone to rape them is really not evil, nor is taking ones time while slicing off the head of an enemy "infidel" prisoner. Yes, the Taliban is not all that bad, they are simply misunderstood individuals who were abused & neglected as children, and therefore we should counsel them & provide them with medications and "hope".

Astounding logic.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Yes, the Taliban is not all that bad, they are simply misunderstood individuals who were abused & neglected as children, and therefore we should counsel them & provide them with medications and "hope".

I'm not sure if you were directing your post at me or not. I don't think much of the Taliban. I despise them as much as any other military force, they're all meat puppets in different coloured uniforms.

No, we shouldn't counsel them or provide anything for them. We should bug out and let them live in their own creation. Oil's well that ends well in this case though...

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

[edit on 13-12-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Poor choice of words by the Bishop IMO.

"Respected" may have been a better word than "admired."

You can respect your enemy without actually admiring them.

new topics

top topics

join