It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq will be 'big player' at OPEC meet: US diploma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

raq will be 'big player' at OPEC meet: US diploma

rawstory.com

Iraq will be a "big player" at OPEC's meeting in Angola later this month over its allocated crude production quota following a string of deals with oil majors, a senior US embassy official said on Sunday.

The Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries meeting in Luanda on December 22 will come shortly after Baghdad set ambitious output targets at a Friday-Saturday auction of Iraqi oil field contracts to foreign energy firms.

"They're going to have to negotiate with their OPEC partners on that one," the official at the embassy in Baghdad told reporters, on condition of anonymity,
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-12-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I remember at the onset of the Iraq war part 2 most of the talking heads in the MSM were saying how Iraq with the help of there oil fields would not only pay for the war but also the rebuilding process , boy were they wrong .

I will be interested to see how this coming OPEC meeting goes later this month and what actually comes of it . I also find myself wondering how the Iraq contingent will be received by nations such as Iran and Venezuela.

At current does the U.S receive any financial compensation from the Iraq government to help support the troops , or in helping the U.S in there efforts to build permeant bases ?

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TOAt current does the U.S receive any financial compensation from the Iraq government to help support the troops , or in helping the U.S in there efforts to build permeant bases ?

Why would iraq pay usa compensation, for invading there own country?

Its was anglo americans that should pay.

Someone out there stole all of iraq ancient artifacts, didn't they. So who is going to give them back to iraq.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Don't get me wrong , I am not saying that one side should be paying the other side . I am simply asking the question , what can we expect to see from this coming meeting . One good way to form an opinion on the matter would be to have an understanding of how the Iraq oil profits are being spent now and how , if at all , are these profits benefiting the U.S

[edit on 13-12-2009 by Max_TO]

new topics

top topics

join