It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Queen buys half a retail mall in Devon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

The Queen buys half a retail mall in Devon

www.mirror.co.uk

Crown Estates, which manages Her Majesty's property portfolio, shelled out nearly £100million for a 50 per cent stake in the Princesshay shopping centre in Exeter, Devon.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This makes me so angry and shows how much concern the royals have in our reality. A reality filled with unemployment, people losing their homes and the feelings of her people.

£100 Million spent on half a shopping centre says it all when their are Scottish soldiers being killed through lack of equipment.

Not happy with me supporting her through my hard earned taxes she now wants to make profit of any purchases I make.

Sickening, just sickening.

Respects

www.mirror.co.uk

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I would question if this article is true. Historically, all investments made by the crown are made and managing by a department in the Bank of England and these investments are not made public, as this could influence others.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The property may well be 50% owned by the Crown Estates.

But the revenue generated goes back to the Treasury, not the Crown. In that sense 50% of that shopping mall is now generating an income for the Government. And that income gets used on a variety of things, including the defense budget.

Do you honestly think Queen Elisabeth had a say in this ?

I doubt she's concerned with such trivia.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

This article is true and is also addressed on the queens crownestates web site.

Link

www.thecrownestate.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva

This makes me so angry and shows how much concern the royals have in our reality. A reality filled with unemployment, people losing their homes and the feelings of her people.

£100 Million spent on half a shopping centre says it all when their are Scottish soldiers being killed through lack of equipment.

Not happy with me supporting her through my hard earned taxes she now wants to make profit of any purchases I make.

Sickening, just sickening.

Respects

www.mirror.co.uk

Hmmm. Maybe a little reading is in order.

Crown Estate

In the United Kingdom, the Crown Estate is a property portfolio owned by the Crown. Historically the possession of monarchs, it is no longer the private property of the reigning monarch and cannot be sold by him/her, nor do the revenues from it belong to the monarch personally. It is managed by an independent organisation and headed by the Crown Estate Commissioners. The surplus revenue from the Estate is paid each year to HM Treasury. The Crown Estate is formally accountable to Parliament, to which it makes an annual report.

Remember the ATS logo, Deny Ignorance.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Who owns The Crown Estate?

The Crown Estate belongs to the reigning monarch ‘in right of The Crown’, that is, it is inherent with the accession to the throne. But it is not the private property of the monarch – it cannot be sold by the monarch, nor do revenues from it belong to the sovereign.

The Government also does not own The Crown Estate. It is managed by an independent organisation – established by statute – headed by a Board (also known as The Crown Estate Commissioners), and the surplus revenue from the estate is paid each year to the Treasury for the benefit of all UK taxpayers.

I stand corrected, appreciated

Link
www.thecrownestate.co.uk...

[edit on 13-12-2009 by captiva]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Crown Estates used to be a customer of mine - the property is not that of the queen but rather of the "Crown" or state. Regent Street in London is owned by Crown Estates.

If you want to pick a fist fight about who owns property in the UK try googling the Church Commissioners - and see how many shopping centres they own (Meadowhall, Sheffield and Metro Centre, Newcastle) .

They are actually the largest land owners in the UK - not the crown.

top topics

join