It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear-Powered Transponder for Cyborg Insect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Nuclear-Powered Transponder for Cyborg Insect

cryptogon.com

Electrical engineering associate professor Amit Lal and graduate student Steven Tin presented a prototype microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) transmitter—an RF-emitting device powered by a radioactive source with a half-life of 12 years, meaning that it could operate autonomously for decades. The researchers think the new RFID transmitter, which produces a 5-milliwatt, 10-microsecond-long, 100-megahertz radio-frequency pulse, could lead to the widespread use of radioisotope power sources.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

A nuclear powered, cybernetic, remote controlled beetle. This is wonderful. I am so glad that now insects can be used as weapons.

I'm stocking up on raid, in case something goes wrong with their little experiment.

One thing that I want to mention about this, is it is biblical. Revelation is a pretty interesting book. It mentions something real interesting in Revelation chapter 9. "1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. 2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit. 3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. 4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. 5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man. 6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them."

I sort of look at the Bible as a guide to morality. But Revelation seems like a warning, that if morality is lost, the consequences include plagues of cybernetic nuclear powered insect weapons.

cryptogon.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join