It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best value in binoculars?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Well, my Alice pack is getting a little full and space/weight is at a premium. Guess I kinda feel like this poor beast:

www.youtube.com...

With the above situation in mind, what are the best rugged, waterproof, compact, lightweight binoculars suitable for foot-mobile bugging out??

[edit on 12-12-2009 by praxis]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by praxis

I've got an old pair of Tasco's and a small monocular for back up. Look up some equipment on Brigade Quartermaster or Sportsmans guide. Then look up reviews. SG usually has some sort of awesome deal on surp.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
What about a monocular? less than half the weight of binoculars and does the same job while leaving one hand free. That's what;s in my BOB.
I do have a pair of Nikon compact binoculars that are great but still theyre too heavy to pack along.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
buy used 8x30 steiner off e-bay for 100$ the ones with out internal range finder,ones with rangefinder 100$ to 200$ higher.i got one great deal, german quality,rubber armored.7x50 have great field of view but are too heavy to hlod up to your eyes for more than 30 seconds, need tripod.you can take 8x30 apart in half for less weight.

top topics

join