It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Who is With Me"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by sparda4355
It is not “us” that will be taking away people’s rights as you were afraid. You see, we are the defenders of that very principle.

Thanks for the explanation, but it's still a bit foggy to me. I'm all for defending our rights enumerated in the Constitution, including freedom of religion and would join you in defending those rights. But tell me, are homosexuals (for example) included in the people whose rights you would protect? Or are they part of the "they" of whom you speak? What about atheists? Who is your enemy?

What I'm trying to get at here is who is your enemy and what is it that they are doing that you feel you need to defend against?

I don’t think it is wise in a spiritual war to announce positions of power that have been ordained to you by your God or spirit guide!

It's this feeling of "specialness" that you have, that you have been chosen by God for a specific purpose that has me concerned. Many men throughout history have used the same argument to start wars (George W Bush for one) that kill many innocent people for reasons they were just SURE were right and just.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaninE.G
alright, well how it plays out in my head might be different than what the other poster's intentions are. sorry that I assumed my fellow posters are thinking the exact same way I am.

We are not actually saying anything different than you are. The fact is though, the line between what is physical and what is spiritual isn't as clearly defined as one might hope.

People will defend their master, their God regardless of what that "god" actually represents. You can't fight a demon without being attacked by those who are being influenced by that demon's powers.

Regardless of this fact though, whether we tip toe around it or not. We are NOT out to destroy. We are not out attacking people. We are not trying to prevent certain things from happening. Unfortunitally we cannot stop these events from taking place or we would be destroying prophecy. But we CAN DEFEND OURSELVES FROM BEING BRAINWASHED AND OUR SOULS FROM BEING CORRUPTED! If we get attacked physically or spiritually we will defend ourselves!

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I would protect the rights of any human that needs protecting! This includes homosexuals and atheists/agnostics (to answer your question specifically) but ALL people are included. This isn't a "if you don't agree with me than you are my enemy" situation. If you are forcing people to worship a God against their belief or not allowing them to recognize their own belief, you are my enemy. If you prevent people from being able to express their thoughts without fear of physical threat, you are my enemy. If you are committing or planning to commit mass genocide in an effort to control the population to gain political power, you are my enemy.

I know people have destroyed religion by using it to commit their OWN agenda, be it mass genocide, war, etc... This however doesn't take away from the fact that others have been guided under the direction of their God to do wonderful things. Nobody ever talks about the fact America was created under the direction of God, the freeing of slaves in America and Egypt under the direction of God, organizations that support people in need all over the world, etc...

Just pretend for a minute that a God and a Devil exists for the sake of this thought. If God guides people to do wonderful things, wouldn't the Devil guide people to do awful things under the name of God to destroy credibility?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sparda4355

I would protect the rights of any human that needs protecting!

You sound more like a patriot than a religious soldier and I support true patriotism.

Just pretend for a minute that a God and a Devil exists for the sake of this thought. If God guides people to do wonderful things, wouldn't the Devil guide people to do awful things under the name of God to destroy credibility?

If I were pretending, then yes, it would make sense. It would also make sense that the God would guide people to do awful things to discredit the Devil. But I don't believe that either exists.

But thanks for your patience in describing what you stand for. But be aware that there are people out there who speak with the same words as you do, but mean something very different. Perhaps some in this thread. That's why I think it's important to state your intention, your enemy and your tactics CLEARLY before forming your band of soldiers.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I appreciate the feedback and heed your warning... It is my faith that because I am being directed, God will unweave those who have alternative objectives from our spiritual “army”. I appreciate the kind words about my patriotism and hope that as a result of having this conversation with me you will understand that there is a difference from those who are truly being directed by God and those who just claim to be for personal or political gain. There are also those who truly do believe they are being lead by God and are deceived by darker forces, but I understand and respect that you having beliefs that differ from mine, it would be very difficult to see the difference.

People who believed they were following God’s plan lead an army through seemingly impossible and overwhelming odds to a great victory that is our country, America.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Yes I'm resurrecting this thread because I missed it first time around
and it deserves more attention!

Also sparda4355 you mentioned you and others were going to tattoo
your signs?? Could you explain more please??

top topics

<< 1   >>

join