It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Approves Wall Street Reform Bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Hi, I'm whatukno, KNO sector chief for Housing Preservation/Development and Mind Control, here with an important announcement. Our House has just approved H.R.4173. What does that mean for you? Well this infomercial will tell you all you need to know.

More than one year after the crisis on Wall Street, the House of Representatives today passed a landmark bill (H.R. 4173) to fix some of the regulatory lapses that are alleged to have caused the crisis and puts in place new mechanisms for preventing “too big to fail” banking and the resulting bailouts.
The final vote tally was 223-202, with all Republicans voting against the bill. Twenty-seven Democrats voted against the bill — mostly Blue Dogs and pro-business New Democrats who thought the bill went too far.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.opencongress.org...

Act now and for free with your NWO you will get the all new...

Consumer Financial Protection Agency
The Consumer Financial Protection Agency, or CFPA, would be a stand-alone regulatory body charged with promoting “transparency, simplicity, fairness, accountability, and equal access in the market for consumer financial products or services.” Their area of oversight would apply to almost all consumer financial products or services, including mortgages, credit cards, debit cards, car loans, gift cards, credit score reporting companies, debt collectors and financial advisers. Auto dealers and pawnbrokers would be exempted.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

And the fun doesn't stop there, call within the next 30 minutes and you will receive...

All new powers devoted to the Treasury Secretary!

How much would you expect to pay for such a revolutionary new bill? 1 billion? 2 billion? You would be way off. Suffice to say that the final numbers will probably give seasoned Tea Party protesters more fodder to complain, and the rest of us that uneasy feeling that can only be fixed with one of those donut shaped pillows.

[edit on 12/12/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

How much would you expect to pay for such a revolutionary new bill? 1 billion? 2 billion? You would be way off. Suffice to say that the final numbers will probably give seasoned Tea Party protesters more fodder to complain, and the rest of us that uneasy feeling that can only be fixed with one of those donut shaped pillows.

Let me edit that last sentence of yours for you. Being the editor and all for the magazine of Housing Preservation/Development and Mind Control.

Suffice to say that the final numbers will probably give seasoned Tea Party protesters more fodder to complain changed to-I FRACKING TOLD YOU SO, and the rest of us that uneasy feeling that can only be fixed with one of those donut shaped pillows add after the TEA PARTIERS KICKED YOU IN THE ARSE!

We the TEA PARTIERS, who have been much maligned, request a Kiss My Derrier Moment now in silence.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Well, don't worry my friend. It's just a bill, and only a bill, on the steps of capitol hill.

I am sure that throughout its journey in our two houses it will be grown, and distorted to monstrous proportions. In the end, the Dems will make it cost hundreds of billions more than it should and the GOP will make it completely useless.

now that's progress!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
What this bill seeks to do is reinstate some of the regulations which were in place before presidents since Ronald Reagan have systematically dismantled them, leading ultimately to the current financial meltdown worldwide.

These regulations were passed following the First Great Depression, in order to prevent another one.

They worked.

This bill undoubtedly is not perfect, but it's a step forward in recovering and preserving financial stability.

It's the fanatics who believe fervently in laissez faire capitalism who are opposing this. The opposition is entirely ideological.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by Sestias]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

I completely agree with you here.

These regulations were passed following the First Great Depression, in order to prevent another one.

They worked

What I am getting tired of however, is overpriced bills drafted by democrats, and rendered completely ineffectual by Republicans.

While it is good to regulate the financial institutions so the mess that we are in now never happens again, what happens when those very financial institutions are the ones that continuously bribe our representatives with campaign contributions? What kind of bill do you think they will bring out with then? The obviously aren't going to cut the throat of their cash cow are they?

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Yes, there's always the danger of legislators who are bought and paid for. And as that includes most of them, this bill could well end up as a chopped-up, ineffectual, impotent mess. Just like health care reform.

top topics

join